Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dying Against New Added Content Is Annoying

Gold
    Annihilus Account: doomexx

the problem is that he INSIST to play zealer

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Actually no, I would just prefer to play a zealer, I also have a barbarian, but he dies almost just as quick as the paladin.
    I understand that this realm is built to make only a few characters able to kill certain areas, that's not my argument.
    My main problem is simply how often every single character dies, I didn't bother making any others.
    Paladin and Barbarian can survive better than necro's, sorc's and most assassins.
    Even amazons get killed easily unless they dodge, the only other option would be a druid which I started making.
    I'm just saying, the added areas enemies hit way to hard, and noone can say anything to convince me otherwise.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Savior View Post
    Actually no, I would just prefer to play a zealer, I also have a barbarian, but he dies almost just as quick as the paladin.
    I understand that this realm is built to make only a few characters able to kill certain areas, that's not my argument.
    My main problem is simply how often every single character dies, I didn't bother making any others.
    Paladin and Barbarian can survive better than necro's, sorc's and most assassins.
    Even amazons get killed easily unless they dodge, the only other option would be a druid which I started making.
    I'm just saying, the added areas enemies hit way to hard, and noone can say anything to convince me otherwise.
    Again, I will reiterate what others are saying and I apologize if this sounds elitist or rude but, if your Barb dies as fast as your Pally or if he even dies at all when face tanking anything but Mappo or LK or Cthulhu or maybe Sh'aaa, you're doing it wrong.

Gold

My Barb dies against every one of the added content bosses, if he cant survive, who can?
    My point is made, I'm not doing anything wrong, the bosses just do way to much damage.

Gold

Do we need to post videos of all of our different characters soloing bosses? I was pretty surprised when I faced Azethoth for the first time this ladder with my IK shield throw barb and was able to kill him while barely taking damage. I was then able to solo inferno cows and the cow queen without a death. I then tried out Dreamlands and can easily do Knarst, Kaluut, Ssh'aa and the eyeball(although I prefer using my smiter with him) without having a death. The newer inferno portals add a challenge. You can stun lock the act 2 portal boss and burn him down with a poison smiter without dieing having used the same IK barb to clear the level up to that point. The act 3 portal boss is the easiest of all and can be burned down with poison using a necro or pally without dieing. I just teleport to him and don't bother with the trash mobs. The new act 5 portal is the only spot in the game so far that is truly over powered imo but again as has been pointed out and I have tested, you can very easily handle that place by using a poison necro and a swarm of revives. I didn't even use a necro to test this. I equipped my shield throw barb with a Frostmourne and used the granted revive skill to get me some hell cow meat shields and was able to teleport to Ifrit, kill him, and play a game of dice on the cavern floor before I had to bug out or risk taking any damage There are many ways to play on this server without dieing. You just have to be willing to learn to adapt.

Gold

Did I mention that you can cheese Mappo and the Liche King with a poison necro without dieing?

Gold

The way you explain it makes it sound so easy, but I've done it before myself and it's really not.
    You could make a video of an IK shield throw barb trying to kill all these things If you want.
    But dont forget to record all the times you die trying to get it all done, without the perfect approach, death is certain.
    You even said you brought a meat shield of cows with frostmourne, most likely because you didnt want to get hit yourself.
    If you wouldve been hit, you wouldve died, that is my problem all together, you shouldnt have to run away and hide to win.

Gold

That's the point, dude. After trying different approaches to the new content you will be able to figure out how to do it without dieing. Once you do, it is easy. Some would say that's too easy. I understand how frustrating it can be to get bitch slapped and die instantly in some situations but the things that you can do to mitigate damage or avoid it altogether are so effective that it will seem like night and day compared to your previous attempts when you finally figure it out.

The thing that I've found with the IK Barb that really make a difference is the -enemy physical resistance affix. You get 10% on your belt(which by itself actually makes a noticeable difference) and with two BK rings you can achieve up to 30% total. Compared to the 20% actual effectiveness of the amp damage curse against immunes, that's significant. It not only makes your attack do more damage but increases the effectiveness of your life steal vs strong phys immunities or completely phys immune mobs. Then when amp finally pops, you are piercing anywhere from 50% up to 130% depending on if the monster is phys immune or not. That's huge. Now remember that you can enchant your Barb with -phys res scrolls. I've never done this because I haven't felt the need but god damn. He would be an absolute beast.

Gold

On a side note, are you pre-buffing with an enchant sorc? I skimmed through this thread and didn't see anyone suggest that. A fully synergized lvl 40 enchant adds a 120% increase to cold/light/fire damage along with a decent AR boost. I would think this would be a necessity for any elemental build. Might not help with survivability but if you hit more often and things die faster maybe it would

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    rekt lol
    he said rekt because he knows how easy the game is

lampo been killin DL + since odium was the best armor for all chars and knows how easy it is with all this new stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by nooV View Post
    these guys refuse to play on the chars they signed up
    tweak rules to their favor
    what happens in this case do they get disqualified?

dont feed the gators

User Tag List