Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
Life is never fair.

I personally think that until there is a notable PVP on Annihilus and / or constant updates, having a ladder reset just doesn't do anything good for the server. There isn't a large enough community to warrant a ladder reset.

Having a ladder reset is the root cause issue, not gold. With how the gold system is setup and how it is directly tied to the game and only certain items being able to be bought with gold, the current system is inherently flawed if a ladder reset is introduced.

If ladder resets were shorter and were really a "climb to 99" and a gold prize associated with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd character to get to 99 and then the ladder resets all over again and those characters don't roll over, then you have a viable system. The current system is so flawed causing many more problems than it fixes.

Diablo was not designed around "intense leveling" nor does this mod. I would venture to guess it takes like 3-4 days after reset to hit 99. How the game is designed, monster difficulty does not scale with player level causing "a grind to 99" essentially meaningless.
for something that is completely free (unless you want to donate) i think the updates are great! Also have you played during a ladder reset? Many people would agree the start of ladder reset is when there is most community,trading and general fun.