Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: qtp

Quote Originally Posted by memories View Post
    @qtp
    You really gotta stop crying. This thread isn't even about what you're talking about. It's about new players getting decent items and how it's a bit difficult. Not about lampo. You sound like a 12 year girl talking to her friends about getting bullied for wearing a blue shirt with black pants.
    @vaudeville
    Why you gonna use the enchants you find? Trade them if you don't need them. It's a trading game. That's how you advance. You think all the "rich" players found the items they use? Mostly they trade...

The way you get items in this game is farm hell cows for organs/enchants/highrunes. Make good trades, drive a hard bargain for the items you need. Once you can run Plaguelands, keep at it. Farm farm farm. Necros can never do what zons and pallys do. There's a build for every scenario. There's never one build for everything.
    i was complaing not cry ing... i am one fair and ... usual friengly person ....
    i know .... with those ... scrolls remeber ... how much u was beggin me to sale u my light scrool ? did.. i told you 'stop cry ing " ? pfff i was friendly and i told you : ok ... not even reply.. like u reply ... second time with ... " crying " .... the point... is eazzy 2 see it.. but hard 2 admit it...
    i not think i was reply with any .. rudish words..... for..... scroll u was.. send me message for.. "correct me" u reply .... intristing... and make me think better... when i will have 2 sale something...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by memories View Post
    @qtp
    You really gotta stop crying. This thread isn't even about what you're talking about. It's about new players getting decent items and how it's a bit difficult. Not about lampo. You sound like a 12 year girl talking to her friends about getting bullied for wearing a blue shirt with black pants.
    @vaudeville
    Why you gonna use the enchants you find? Trade them if you don't need them. It's a trading game. That's how you advance. You think all the "rich" players found the items they use? Mostly they trade...

The way you get items in this game is farm hell cows for organs/enchants/highrunes. Make good trades, drive a hard bargain for the items you need. Once you can run Plaguelands, keep at it. Farm farm farm. Necros can never do what zons and pallys do. There's a build for every scenario. There's never one build for everything.
    1) ...I'm not exactly sure what's with a lot of the posters here. You all sound like I've never played this game before. I have, and even if I didn't, I have figured out most everything there is to have figured out.

2) You think I don't want to trade stuff I find or haven't done so already? I have done that in a few occasions (I got a druid and assassin prime doing that along with torches), but whose going to trade with me now to get high runes or the best equipment there is? Certainly not players that are newer than me since they have nothing and yet they're most likely to be on, and I bet certainly not older players since 1) they are least likely to be on as often as newer players, 2) many of them either already have those kinds of enchantments that I have (and guess what they're probably not willing to sacrifice an annihilus charm they have just to use the enchantment thus going back to that point regarding torches and annihilus charms being completely tedious to get how many times now), or 3) they don't think its worth trading their high runes for them for whatever reason. So I don't so your point.

3) Yes, there is a build for every scenario. Yes a Necromancer can't do what an amazon does (maybe that's why they're two different things). but in the end of the day it doesn't amount to much if you don't have the proper equipment for them now does it? Why else do you think I prefer the necromancer in general? Because he's easy to use in general and getting good equipment for him isn't that hard (minus the trag trophy which can be a pain to find). Most other characters/builds are another story (especially the druid and assassin in general and anything but a shield throwing barbarian).

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

I support the statements of vaudeville! The drop rate is really low. Before the new patch in a single cow game you could easy get like 2 hrs. Also i suggest you consider a lader reset cuz the economy on the server is broken. There are thoose 15 - 20 guys that have like 200+ hrs and all the godly gear X 10 and for a new player is really hard to trade someone who have everything. Also there is a HUGE!!!!!! handicap for the players who started to play the server after the new patch. So if you want the server to grow you need to make some changes, otherwise you risk to remain the same 20 guys with zilions of runes, tfs, corrupted items etc.. that wont cost a penny.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Ehmm. A serverreset hurts new guys more than rich guys o.O

No free sets to get newbs started.

The rich will just play up golemancer + java and making the endgameareas after a week or two.

While newb maybe found full mav in between, our 15-20 pros have their thunderfurys again and selling good stuff for tons of hrs to those newbs.

= after a month or two, we are exactly where we are now...

Just my opinion...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post

The rich will just play up golemancer + java and making the endgameareas after a week or two.

While newb maybe found full mav in between, our 15-20 pros have their thunderfurys again and selling good stuff for tons of hrs to those newbs.

Just my opinion...
    Well said Lucid, nothing to add.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Just my opinion...
    The fact that to use 2 characters to farm something.. is saying something. Plus, that would take hours and hours of people doing that to get where we are now in just 1-2 months. Basically any class besides Zon Necro or Pally are useless as shit. There's no point in making them... I'm not going to lie, I feel like the "grind' to "end game" is boring and not fun. The monsters have so much health, you're wasting 90% of your time just waiting for things to die. I've got plenty of characters, tried mutlple things. Nothing can compare to a holy shock zealer. NOTHING, it's simply retarded. Plus, all the bosses have so much health and damage. It's impossible for even end game characters to not die. What's the fun in that? Dying 20-30 times for a boss kill? It's like a lottery.. "Maybe I'll kill him before he 1 shots me". Every time you'd die, you'd have to precast and make another portal. It's annoying and old. I mean, if you have plenty of time to waste sitting here watching something with 1m hp when you do 20k DPS... That's going to take awhile. This game takes no strategy anymore.. There's 2-3 builds that rise above EVERYTHING ELSE, and if we try to play something different we're wasting time. Or we can all just sit here with Pally and Necro with a BO barb in another window. It's not how d2 is meant to be played.. It's like the only custom content is for people who want to waste shitloads of time to get ahead. As far as I can see it, the items suck. Yeah, there's plenty of stuff that's good. But the end game ones, don't get you anywhere. Just saying this because I feel like, the server is ran by rich kids who have everything. Because they wanted to waste time on it. New players will eventually end up quitting, because they see the time and effort needed to actually have fun. I've tried playing this, the farming is so much worse than old school LoD, it's annoying and boring. You die a lot and you have to wait and wait and wait.. iirc d2 wasn't a waiting game. But go ahead, act like it is all okay lol... Farming is possible yeah it is. But, the ways you have to farm... Are just simply boring and inefficient. Something needs decreased and something needs increased. It just isn't balanced right at all. We need new items for other classes that are comparable. Maybe lower class items that are comparable too. Switching an item shouldn't bring you from 20k damage to 90k just saying... One item.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Its still a mod, with only one person working on it.

And the ladder reset like requested wont change a thing, like i already said.

I personally find it very good as it is. Maybe its just not meant, to solo all endgameareas without dying?!

Also there are some more classes that can tank, like valkyrie ama or summonerdrood. But like at the zealers inba'ness, the golemancer is far ahead in tanking.
    To nerf or buff the classes into a balanced state is never really possible.
    You would have to balance pvp to pvm and every class at the same level... Not even big programming teams are able to do that. How could Game do?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

There will allways be superior classes, look at the original diablo. Hammerdin rings a bell?
    Hammerdin was the only thing that was used, in here u can use so many more classes!
    Im still using a smiter, and it wont die, even for new content, where i see those light zealers die quite some times.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Its still a mod, with only one person working on it.

And the ladder reset like requested wont change a thing, like i already said.

I personally find it very good as it is. Maybe its just not meant, to solo all endgameareas without dying?!

Also there are some more classes that can tank, like valkyrie ama or summonerdrood. But like at the zealers inba'ness, the golemancer is far ahead in tanking.
    To nerf or buff the classes into a balanced state is never really possible.
    You would have to balance pvp to pvm and every class at the same level... Not even big programming teams are able to do that. How could Game do?
    And I know.. He does an amazing job. He is very talented and I totally respect him. But there's too big of a gap. You can sit here and tell me reason why, but it's not going to change in game. There is a problem, and if the player base doesn't say anything about it maybe he'll never know. I'm not saying nerf or buff classes. Just simply introduce better items. A ladder reset and a new vamp of easier ubers and possible farming area would do this server a lot of good. Something has to be there for the new players that got from level 1-90 in an hour. They don't have gear, what do they do? Quit. Simple as that, they see all these GODLY players and don't have that amount of time. An area with decent life and decent damage, with nice drops would be nice. But something with a shitty drop rate already and the things take a year to kill for a new player. Why would they invest time here? Seems like, the richer get richer kind of deal. And what do rich people do mostly? Some will help, but most will take advantage of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    There will allways be superior classes, look at the original diablo. Hammerdin rings a bell?
    Hammerdin was the only thing that was used, in here u can use so many more classes!
    Im still using a smiter, and it wont die, even for new content, where i see those light zealers die quite some times.
    Hammerdin was superior for boss killing and botting. That was about it, so many other thing outclassed him in every other way. so many other builds that shine.. Light Sorc? Java Zon? Cold Sorc? Summon necro? So many things were useful on reg d2. Atleast, I could play a trap sin lol. Smiters have no fucking damage lol... Even with 100% crushing blow, you're still sitting there for a year. Well, unless you have every end item in the game already like you. Then yeah, it wouldn't be hard to not die. Getting there in the first place is the challenge for new players. Plus very time consuming.
    Last edited by James; 04-05-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Totally agree with James....it meant to be fun, not time consuming.....we are not 14 years old anymore... And yes we need a lot more new items, a lot more new runewords .... And james is right nothing beats or its closer to light pala

P.S RESPECT TO ALL THE ADMINS AND THE OWNER!

User Tag List