Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbs need something

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Barbs need something

Barbs seem like they need a bit of a boost, i've been brainstorming and heres my ideas to give barbs the chance they need.

-A barb shadow that uses your skills, at 50% damage(mainly need something that can take hits, but a little extra damage would make clearing areas like inferno cows and pits go much faster)

-A buff to natural resists that adds life%/DR. <---- or 5% max res

-A call of the ancients. Diablo 3 skill, calls the ancients to fight beside you for a short time.

I really hate to sound biast being one of the very few endgame barbs, but i have tried everything and i still havent made it past lvl 10 crucible by myself (i've gotten SO close), and i really cant think of many ways to make my barb better without losing too much DR or physical pierce
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 10-22-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    Barbs seem like they need a bit of a boost, i've been brainstorming and heres my ideas to give barbs the chance they need.

-A barb shadow that uses your skills, at 50% damage(mainly need something that can take hits, but a little extra damage would make clearing areas like inferno cows and pits go much faster)

-A buff to natural resists that adds life%/DR. <---- or 5% max res

-A call of the ancients. Diablo 3 skill, calls the ancients to fight beside you for a short time.

I really hate to sound biast being one of the very few endgame barbs, but i have tried everything and i still havent made it past lvl 10 crucible by myself (i've gotten SO close), and i really cant think of many ways to make my barb better without losing too much DR or physical pierce
    I will quote from Game. "Cruicble was never meant to be soloable. So I will most likely be redoing it in the near future."

But yes I agree. I think they need a small buff. Rather it be natural resists buff or a summon of some sort.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

More people would play barb if they were able to solo more endgame stuff. Not saying they need to solo level 20 crucible in under 15 mins like some other classes, but being able to get to cain alone would be nice. My barbs pretty much geared as good is it gets, i just feel like he should have a bigger hitpool, or have something that can tank for him so im not getting 1 shotted by bosses. life leech hardly works on physical immunes, making it hard to sustain a health pool, and you CANNOT JUVEE during a whirlwind, which is a huge downfall to a whirlwind barb doing 3.5 second whirlwinds, youre dead halfway though. Plus if you want to do any damage with whirlwind you likely wont be wearing a shield to block with, giving you less chant slots and sockets than almost every other class.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

I support this nice idea.
    A ww barb against physical inmunes is pretty hard to do, u need a lot of horad jewels and a lot of items with sockets to be able to kill some bosses like Mappo or some crucible bosses (with a lot of time and pattience). In my experience, doing Crucible with 2-3 guys more and get a physical inmune Cain in lv15 is ugly, you even can't tank him and probably you'll die in a shot.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

WW barb with shield works pretty good vs cain, tested it

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

WW Barb with Corrupted Lightsabre and a shield is pretty strong in general.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    WW Barb with Corrupted Lightsabre and a shield is pretty strong in general.
    Whats the build? I just found a really nicely rolled one and am curious if its worth trying.

Gold

Just a hybrid shield throw/WW setup.

Skull of the Unclean
    Templar's Might
    Corrupted Stormshield
    IK Belt
    Death's Advance
    Steelrend
    Con ring
    BK ring
    Highlord's Wrath

I was using shield throw for clearing packs of monsters and WW on bosses. You could probably just have the Buster sword in your weapon swap for stronger WW action on bosses but I like to use Warshrike for burst of speed and this felt tankier. It's also a whole lot easier to get 75% DR this way. I have three Ber runes in the helm from my previous setup so I didn't need Scourgelord's for DR. Went with the IK belt for the extra -10% phys res. I also don't have enchants. It was showing about 17k dps with 35k AR on shield throw. Similar numbers for WW.

Edit: I also have four Ber runes in the Corrupted Lightsabre for a total of 95% CB.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 10-31-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Gold

Quill Storm+life on hit=I AM INVINCIBLE! At least while I'm being attacked by a crap load of monsters and as long as I'm not tagged with Amp damage Much funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TWkb40FAYg

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Icehammer

@LordManhammer with ik set u can be ww or shield throw build and easily can clean A5 pits.
    But i guess that the meaning of this all is to refer to the endgame content. Plaguelands, Dreamlands, Crucible, Time Rift, etc
    Use your build in any endgame place and tell me your results

User Tag List