Quote Originally Posted by daxvid View Post
Hey, this is good that 64 characters in one game is not giving a edge anymore, but my feeling here is I won't get any close to any good in this ladder since I am not a hardcore gamer playing more then 8 hours a day....

I played a lot (for my standards) since the reset and I don't see how I can get through all the end game content (all of it... maybe 1/2 of it) in this ladder. I already cheezed the lich king, but referencing last dropping rate from last ladder, getting his unique items is so rare, that's making me abandon the game right now.

I think you made the progress curve too hard here for us non hardcore gamers.... The ugpraded difficulty is too hard right now...

I still admire your work, thank you for all of your efforts for making this game alive again... but this is not working for me and for a lot of us right now....

Regards,
This is the most activity we've seen and the most positive feedback we've gotten from all of the ladder resets so far daxvid. I am sorry you're having issues but there are plenty of people here who play just a few hours a day at best and have made a lot of progress. I feel like you're comparing your progress to those who do play several hours a day, and you're concerned that they can do a lot of the content already but you can't. It is literally just a week and 3 days into the ladder, I am a little dumbfounded on how you can assume you won't be able to do all of the content so early. It is completely normal someone playing a few hours a day cannot clear Mythic bosses yet. This game wasn't meant for someone playing casually to clear in a week, you need to get that idea out of your head and quit comparing your progress to others and just enjoy it. When you finally do clear the higher up content it will feel a LOT better than it would have if you were able to do it on day 2 or 3.

Also, with all of the new vanilla uniques being useful and holding a ton of value, even a casual player like you can get lucky and find a Windforce or Grandfather and sell it for tons, as they can drop from a lot of different content in Hell. That alone can get you a big boost, and it doesn't require any special bosses or farming methods. This is how Diablo 2 is designed to work, and honestly im pretty thrilled with how everything's turned out so far! I hope you don't give up.

P.S. Lich King's drop rate for his specific uniques are identical to what they were last ladder, so if this little RNG alone is making you want to abandon the game, I am not sure if Diablo 2 is the right game to invest time into, as RNG is EVERYWHERE! That's what makes it so fun and so satisfying when you get that lucky drop