Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
In vanilla d2, any rune ohm/vex+ was considered a high rune. I've never heard lem+ before, not on softcore anyways. Now, we have added 2 new runes at the very top end of the spectrum, Tor and Xer, so it's only natural that the low end of the high runes would go up.

I don't think the fact that high runes are available at the shop has anything to do with it, but the fact that upgrade/downgrade scrolls exist is a factor for sure. No matter what we do, there's always going to be certain runes that are considered desirable. Before the rune scrolls it was Ohm, Jah, Ber, Xer, Tor, Lo (and/or maybe sur, can't remember) that were desirable, and now it's Ber+. In my opinion ber+ makes a lot more sense.

People used to complain before that zod and cham were useless. We added the scrolls and they're now desirable and people found something else to complain about.
You cannot make everyone happy. Even if you try everyones suggestion on one thing, they will be happy for a bit, but that suggestion will cause another problem that they never thought of when they first made the suggestion. Oh the joys. You know what i mean lol.