View Poll Results: When Do You Think The Ladder Should reset?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Now!

15 31.25%
  • 1 Week

5 10.42%
  • 1 Month

6 12.50%
  • 3 Months

14 29.17%
  • 1 Year

6 12.50%
  • Neva

2 4.17%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you think the ladder reset should be?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: qtp

in caze if will be reset soon then october u will lost minim 7 players xD active.. i will be one of them i join around maxim 3 week's so i was no start from 0 with others

anyway all is depends of you but ... think if u will reset early.. at cosecince

i was play alot in those ... 3 week's because i was hear ( even read ) frome your's Admins the reset will be at october

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8594

imagine... u risk to lost players xD and offcorse possibily donateurs since.. u anounce something and now u start voting early reset ^^ no1 will give me back what i really work .. some day's even 18 h ... for get to what i get now.. i was happy because ... i saw : wow lol until october cool i can play....

thank you for waste ur time to read my .. words

Quote Originally Posted by qtp View Post
    in caze if will be reset soon then october u will lost minim 7 players xD active.. i will be one of them i join around maxim 3 week's so i was no start from 0 with others

anyway all is depends of you but ... think if u will reset early.. at cosecince

i was play alot in those ... 3 week's because i was hear ( even read ) frome your's Admins the reset will be at october

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8594

imagine... u risk to lost players xD and offcorse possibily donateurs since.. u anounce something and now u start voting early reset ^^ no1 will give me back what i really work .. some day's even 18 h ... for get to what i get now.. i was happy because ... i saw : wow lol until october cool i can play....

thank you for waste ur time to read my .. words

Guys the front page has said we're resetting in August-October on the front page for several months now. August in the planned month, but we gave ourselves some wiggle room just incase something comes up. 10 month seasons is how we've planned on doing it, so don't act like it's some mystery or something we sprung on you if we reset in August. You realize the thread you linked was for last reset, right? Which was 10 months, January - October.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Wow even August is still quite far away guys.. Isn't regular d2 servers being reset every 6 months?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Wow even August is still quite far away guys.. Isn't regular d2 servers being reset every 6 months?!
    Yes but there is absolutely no PvM content on regular servers

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Yeah thats why i think 10 months is perfect for this server

Gold
    Annihilus Account: nexusninja13

Personally i think new players have a better chance with an earlier reset. Sure you may not get to see much new content for a while but for me most of the things im wearing were given to me by nice players. Having invested less than 2 weeks in this game right now is the perfect time for things to reset so i can get a fresh start with everyone else. Also generally when a reset happens the in-game economy gets a boost since more players are trading amongst each other. This pretty much just applies to me though lol. Selfish ladder resets FTW!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I am definitely NOT looking forward to farming the Liche King again to get a Plaguebringer now that the he no longer has guaranteed drops. Imagine how strange it will be when a Frostmourne drop is a disappointment. Of course if one of the changes to be made will include adding a +to cold mastery stat to Frostmourne it could be an exciting item again
    Yeah, I was actually going to make a particular thread talking about drop rates again but at a different angle, e. g., that is that now it doesn't seem worthwhile anymore to farm at certain places or bosses any more. Perhaps I'll do this now since someone else put some of this forward along with yourself. I'll be happy to mention this again if recommended elsewhere, but it seems clear that there's pretty much only 4 places worth farming and one of them in the long run should be condensed (that is from the players perspective not in terms of the number of enemies or the size of the place). The 3 in general are plague lands, cows, and inferno pits. The last one is ryleh/and the cow queen and chests because the drops in the cow kingdom aren't particularly worth it given the effort and time it takes to clear the rest of the cows and considering you can get most of anything else good that drops elsewhere (and also after you've pretty much gotten all the starter set stuff which again, you can get elsewhere). Its even possible to find facets in regular cows (I didn't believe this at first, but sure enough that happened today I think), but I'm not exactly sure how such could be well balanced.

I think mephisto mentioned this already in the thread, but yes, it is also true that farming the dreamland bosses (minus of course the big boss there) isn't really worth much either partly thanks to the drop rates of the bosses themselves but also because its not very hard to stock up on caches from Azathoth (I'm sitting on may 10 to 15 of those right now), although I can't agree that dreamland items that the bosses drop should be made rarer or kept rare (maybe for keys/puzzleboxes and marks of the dragon slayer jewels, but it's pointless to do that for everything else since the rest aren't that spectacular especially thanks to rares being buffed and other items introduced). I'm sure you can guess I think that's silly, but I could perhaps be persuaded that you go a bit easy on caches dropping in the future. I suppose its an either or case or even making Azathoth harder (if you do consider that please move him away from the cow king corpse then so that player can decide which they want to deal with)

Regarding the Lich King, Lordhammer is completely right. His drops are just completely awful now making him almost not worth it which is a shame because the scourgelord belt and death's advance are pretty good in general. I wouldn't mind too much if frostmourne or divine gems were hard to get from him but not the other stuff. Tyrael is the same case but worse since really at this point only the Divinity gauntlets he drops are of any worth (I have yet to see a pair of good rare paladin gloves though it is theoretically possible to find such), but there's a good chance he won't drop that. Truth be told though, you can't really farm for the Key of Justice, so I suppose that's not a good example.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Haha, not trying to be mean here but I can go ahead and ensure you the suggestions about increasing rune / organ drop rates are not being considered at all. The drop rates are exactly how they should be! There will of course be changes I have been waiting to implement for the next restart, but they aren't really connected to drop rates at all.
    Then I hope you re-consider. I only think such should be tweaked slightly. I made it quite clear (contrary to apparently other peoples perception if not imagination), that I don't expect or ask that a zod to drop any time I do one regular cow runs. That isn't my point now, or before, but getting an ist or mal isn't going to break things.

Also, please let us buy rejuvenation potions (again they don't have to be full ones) in the future.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    vouch this completely if you cant find a hr idk what to tell you bud
    I don't recall saying I can't find any or haven't Jared. I do but it's about the rate the moon changes phases as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    But thats how its allways been on diablo 2, on regular ladder resets it takes a week, and its pretty much back to normal.
    But i think it will be more fun now that Lich King has been dropnerfed, and Tyrael's key cant be bought anymore. Rares will make it alot easier then before, could prolly make a rare only team and defeat the game! I still think that dreamland items have to be more rare, i dont like how a cache gives a guaranteed Dreamland item. I wish this gets changed into something else like a random Divine gem + Random Enchant scroll or something. Ive seen it happen that people drop Acid's and Valusia's and some other Dreamland items on the floor, cus they simply get flooded.
    If u think about how easy it is to get a Blue organ set, which means a guaranteed DL item once u opened the box, i could easily get 20 DL items a day if keep the caches, and use them at the altar. Make caches valuable, nowadays people dont even care about it anymore, most dont even pick it up!
    It's that or somehow those bosses should be harder...(can't believe I'm suggesting that).

User Tag List