Thread: I have no idea where to MF and which character to use to do so.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

I have no idea where to MF and which character to use to do so.

Hey all. So I am starting to find myself basically not wanting to invest time into the server anymore, sadly :[ For some pretty basic reasons. Firstly, idk what happened to the community but I struggled to find someone to rush me for something like 5 days straight after the new patch was released...apparently everybody has their own schedule. I ended up just legitimately playing through the entire game, again.

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I log on and run around act 1 letting my thunderstorm kill things because it's entertaining. So to continue my interest, I am seeking your knowledge and help.

Where are some good places to grind MFing? Is the sorc no longer the most effective MFer? (Basically I haven't seen anything except shield throw barbarians. There is no reason to play any other build on the barbarians because of that skill btw. Just saying. The mana nerf did nothing because all someone needs to do is get mana stolen on hit and they now have infinite mana.) I tried leveling a holy bolt/fist of the heavens paladin for something that could be potentially effective, with no prevail. (This is due to FoH scaling from IAS and HB scaling from FCR. The 2 should technically go together but there's no real way of effectively stacking IAS and FCR simultaneously.) I made a crow druid, which I am still trying to figure out. MoC is a difficult skill, especially when you have to stand still. The raven skill is cool imho, but finding it not as effective as most other characters' skills for MF efficiency.

I am all ears at this point. I see everybody with amazing gear, full elite sets etc etc etc, and here I am killing Fallen in Act 1 hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Hey all. So I am starting to find myself basically not wanting to invest time into the server anymore, sadly :[ For some pretty basic reasons. Firstly, idk what happened to the community but I struggled to find someone to rush me for something like 5 days straight after the new patch was released...apparently everybody has their own schedule. I ended up just legitimately playing through the entire game, again.

Secondly, I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. I log on and run around act 1 letting my thunderstorm kill things because it's entertaining. So to continue my interest, I am seeking your knowledge and help.

Where are some good places to grind MFing? Is the sorc no longer the most effective MFer? (Basically I haven't seen anything except shield throw barbarians. There is no reason to play any other build on the barbarians because of that skill btw. Just saying. The mana nerf did nothing because all someone needs to do is get mana stolen on hit and they now have infinite mana.) I tried leveling a holy bolt/fist of the heavens paladin for something that could be potentially effective, with no prevail. (This is due to FoH scaling from IAS and HB scaling from FCR. The 2 should technically go together but there's no real way of effectively stacking IAS and FCR simultaneously.) I made a crow druid, which I am still trying to figure out. MoC is a difficult skill, especially when you have to stand still. The raven skill is cool imho, but finding it not as effective as most other characters' skills for MF efficiency.

I am all ears at this point. I see everybody with amazing gear, full elite sets etc etc etc, and here I am killing Fallen in Act 1 hell.
    Well the reason nobody rushed you was quite obvious, people were just making it through the game on their own. You cannot expect people to be geared and giving rushes a week or less after the reset, that's just absurd! They all played through the game on their own at the beginning to get there, so doing that isn't completely unheard of. I've seen tons of rushes given over the past few days though now that people are geared.

Yes, shield throw barbs are strong,but WW barb is still pretty viable. I don't see anything wrong with that, Barbarian just doesn't have that many offensive skills really, but I don't know where you have been looking but there are WAY more people playing other classes than barbarians.

Secondly, just about every spec is more than viable, but I will say Holy Bolt / FoH paladin is definitely weaker. FoH is insanely strong with the new Heaven's Fury, but aside from that you could literally use Zeal, Blessed Hammer, or Smite and be fine.

Murder of Crows druid does NOT have to stand still, your information seems really outdated. Have you played much this patch?

When it comes down to it, it sounds like you are not playing classes properly. Try a summoner druid, they don't require much gear to be good and can farm quite easily. You should be trying to do act bosses to be trying to get some uniques or set items, then go from there.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Wat

I'll write a guide a some point. You can do most end game content with just the sets. Personally I've never been a fan of sorcs so I can't suggest what to do with yours. But here are some builds that synchronize well together. I mostly play Trapsin + Necro. I just farmed cows, and it dropped me plenty of sets + runes to build what I needed. I even started at nm cows when I didn't have any waypoints or anything. Someone needs to make a waypoint character that is public lol.

Fire Trap Sin: Gear: Full Nat set/Rising Sun Ammy/ +4 MA gloves/2x Dwarf Stars
    20 Wake of Inferno
    20 Wake of Fire
    20 Fire Blast
    20 Jack of All Trades
    1 Pt shadow Master (Great Meat Shield)
    1 Pt Mind Blast (used to make more meat shields in ubers)
    1 Pt BoS (Always have it up greatly increases trap cast speed)
    Rest into a synergy for JoAT it says at the bottom.

Poison Necro: Gear: Full Trang/Carrion Wind Rings/+skill ammy/Marrowalk boots/lvl 32 unique dagger.
    20 Poison Dagger.
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Poison Maelstrom
    1 Pt in all curses but attract
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Summon Resist
    Rest into revive or clay golem.

This is how I run plague lands. Just to get you an idea. I have 2 windows (sometimes 3 if I'm not lazy with bo barb). I'll teleport to blood raven set up traps and tp then to go my necro window while the traps are killing things. Run inside tp with necro an revive all the the things you can. Then go inside the plague lands and have confuse curse ready. Then, while monsters are confused and attacking your revives you can simply go inside with the trapsin and lay down wake of fire traps. Then cast low resist on the necro. For the two bosses just mindblast stitches and have your necro psn and tank lich king with revives. (I just revive things inside the plaguelands). Hope it helps g2g. ^^

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Have you tried farming hell cows with your Sorc? That's a good place to start. If thunderstorm doesn't do the trick, try frozen orb. It's great for farming cows. Don't forget to throw some points into enchant. It now adds x% to elemental skill damage. It's a nice boost. If you get bored with cows you can try act 5 inferno pit. Using teleport you should be able to kite groups of monsters together and then teleport to another platform and dps them down from range. Some of them are immune to cold but other will go down quick enough. The loot drops are good there. Hope this helps.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Well the reason nobody rushed you was quite obvious, people were just making it through the game on their own. You cannot expect people to be geared and giving rushes a week or less after the reset, that's just absurd! They all played through the game on their own at the beginning to get there, so doing that isn't completely unheard of. I've seen tons of rushes given over the past few days though now that people are geared.

Yes, shield throw barbs are strong,but WW barb is still pretty viable. I don't see anything wrong with that, Barbarian just doesn't have that many offensive skills really, but I don't know where you have been looking but there are WAY more people playing other classes than barbarians.

Secondly, just about every spec is more than viable, but I will say Holy Bolt / FoH paladin is definitely weaker. FoH is insanely strong with the new Heaven's Fury, but aside from that you could literally use Zeal, Blessed Hammer, or Smite and be fine.

Murder of Crows druid does NOT have to stand still, your information seems really outdated. Have you played much this patch?

When it comes down to it, it sounds like you are not playing classes properly. Try a summoner druid, they don't require much gear to be good and can farm quite easily. You should be trying to do act bosses to be trying to get some uniques or set items, then go from there.
    I am looking into a WW barb next, he was pretty awesome with the new WW fix last patch. I was just wondering with smite, does it work with the area splash damage I think it was? Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will respec my druid to a summoner and see what I can do.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    I'll write a guide a some point. You can do most end game content with just the sets. Personally I've never been a fan of sorcs so I can't suggest what to do with yours. But here are some builds that synchronize well together. I mostly play Trapsin + Necro. I just farmed cows, and it dropped me plenty of sets + runes to build what I needed. I even started at nm cows when I didn't have any waypoints or anything. Someone needs to make a waypoint character that is public lol.

Fire Trap Sin: Gear: Full Nat set/Rising Sun Ammy/ +4 MA gloves/2x Dwarf Stars
    20 Wake of Inferno
    20 Wake of Fire
    20 Fire Blast
    20 Jack of All Trades
    1 Pt shadow Master (Great Meat Shield)
    1 Pt Mind Blast (used to make more meat shields in ubers)
    1 Pt BoS (Always have it up greatly increases trap cast speed)
    Rest into a synergy for JoAT it says at the bottom.

Poison Necro: Gear: Full Trang/Carrion Wind Rings/+skill ammy/Marrowalk boots/lvl 32 unique dagger.
    20 Poison Dagger.
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Nova
    20 Poison Maelstrom
    1 Pt in all curses but attract
    1 Golem Mastery
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Summon Resist
    Rest into revive or clay golem.

This is how I run plague lands. Just to get you an idea. I have 2 windows (sometimes 3 if I'm not lazy with bo barb). I'll teleport to blood raven set up traps and tp then to go my necro window while the traps are killing things. Run inside tp with necro an revive all the the things you can. Then go inside the plague lands and have confuse curse ready. Then, while monsters are confused and attacking your revives you can simply go inside with the trapsin and lay down wake of fire traps. Then cast low resist on the necro. For the two bosses just mindblast stitches and have your necro psn and tank lich king with revives. (I just revive things inside the plaguelands). Hope it helps g2g. ^^
    Well damn, thanks for the help! Ill try this out after I see how much I enjoy a summoning druid.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Have you tried farming hell cows with your Sorc? That's a good place to start. If thunderstorm doesn't do the trick, try frozen orb. It's great for farming cows. Don't forget to throw some points into enchant. It now adds x% to elemental skill damage. It's a nice boost. If you get bored with cows you can try act 5 inferno pit. Using teleport you should be able to kite groups of monsters together and then teleport to another platform and dps them down from range. Some of them are immune to cold but other will go down quick enough. The loot drops are good there. Hope this helps.
    My gear is so low that by the time I kill the first 3-5 cows I am surrounded and usually get >Annihilated< right away. I am definitely going to respec to orb as that seems like the best way to go according to what i've noticed. Thanks for the help.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Hey, no problem. Msg in game for some gear btw. We'll work Something out

Gold
    Annihilus Account: dattelmann

as Game said Druid is a good option:

For hell Cows aswell. I tried it with Wind/Fire/Werebear/Crow Druid. Even with crappy gear you can complete hell cows with 8 players ingame. For me FireDruid is the best option with crappy gear (wow, never was expecting to say that) bc cows have no immunities.

Your are playin a summoner:
    Just max skeletons and mastery and use CE, the kill speed is insane.

For me (once again) cow hell is the best place (normal content) to mf or i could just say mfing without mf.
    Just create a game and park some other chars there. Runes and blue organs (thats what you want and get) also maybe some good rares.

User Tag List