Thread: Video Frame Uncapped?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: kebek1

Unhappy Video Frame Uncapped?

Hi, i kinda have a rly good PC, when im in a game, im getting most of the time over 500 fps wich makes my pc works for nothing. So i was wonrdering if there is a place i could set a frame limit to lets say 60 or even less to run cooler and smoother.

thx in advance, i hope we can fix this.
    Nic
    Last edited by Kebek1; 10-22-2016 at 08:41 AM.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Quote Originally Posted by Kebek1 View Post
    Hi, i kinda have a rly good PC, when im in a game, im getting most of the time over 500 fps wich makes my pc works for nothing. So i was wonrdering if there is a place i could set a frame limit to lets say 60 or even less to run cooler and smoother.

thx in advance, i hope we can fix this.
    Nic
    Higher FPS is better. You at 500 Frames per second is really good. So don't go lower to 60 FPS, your game will feel very slow and sloppy.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    Higher FPS is better. You at 500 Frames per second is really good. So don't go lower to 60 FPS, your game will feel very slow and sloppy.
    Ok, maybe im wrong but most monitors cant refresh better than 60fps, and on most game there are frame cap option to 30-60 also d2 is made on a 24 frame base and last of all i dont like to ear my pc so loud for a cheap graphic game such as d2 :P . Thx for your opinion and reply but id rly like to find a way to limit my frame and see by my self if the difference is too ugly or not

Nic
    Last edited by Kebek1; 10-22-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Try typing /fps in-game.

It will limit it and show the fps on your screen, but it's not really intended to limit the fps. There isn't an option to set a limit on the fps here or on vanilla d2.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Technically, the graphics output of your computer is capped by the refresh rate of your monitor. That doesn't mean that your computer can't produce more fps but the game most certainly isn't being displayed at a rate higher than 60 fps if your monitor is rated at 60hz. I'm not sure where the performance tracker gets those high fps numbers from. It might have something to do with how this mod is being scaled up for higher resolutions. You can always try running the game at a lower resolution and see if that helps.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    Try typing /fps in-game.

It will limit it and show the fps on your screen, but it's not really intended to limit the fps. There isn't an option to set a limit on the fps here or on vanilla d2.
    so i tried it but i dont see how i can limit my fps, /fps seems to only show the value, did i miss something?
    About vanilla d2, since the game is 24 frame based i think its locked at 24 fps, my only proof, is that i was playing vannila d2 b4 anni, everything was silent.
    Then on anni (intel 4790k, old graphic card, 8gb ram, overkill motherboard) my cpu fan goes nut, and then a friend of mine made me try median xl where my pc was silent again, so thats why i think itsnt normal that we cant cap fps...
    thx for the effort and if you find something, id like to ear it

Gold

tried to lower resolution and my fps went to 800 :P since its less graphic intensive i guess.
    thx for trying to , will listen to any possible suggestion.
    Last edited by Kebek1; 10-23-2016 at 09:36 AM.

User Tag List