Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Event question/concern

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    If you have an idea or something that would get more participation in the events, I am all ears. The most users I have ever had was I think 8. It doesnt matter if the usercount is 22. or 35. People either chose to participate in it or they don't.
    I have a thread up about event ideas in the suggestions area. Maybe some variety will encourage others?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Lock, did u think about a regular payment in gold for urself for hosting events? Like 1k gold per event? And you do not participate and give a chance to other players to win the 1st place? You already claimed your sin unbeatable Also theres a thing to mention, you introduced the rules for this pvp tournaments and you know better what build will fit this rules the best. (mb a change in rules for sin need to be done? or u want everybody to be a sin?)

Maybe it makes sense to bring fair pvp rules and change the points system like in fair pvp? Like every char fights every other char? Sometimes theres rock-paper-scissors chars and your system do not make it clear whos better. You dont have so much participants to make it so long even with this rules.

The impression of current situation can make ppl think u just found a way to make fast gold.
    Last edited by bgtomsk; 10-07-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Quote Originally Posted by bgtomsk View Post
    Lock, did u think about a regular payment in gold for urself for hosting events? Like 1k gold per event? And you do not participate and give a chance to other players to win the 1st place? You already claimed your sin unbeatable Also theres a thing to mention, you introduced the rules for this pvp tournaments and you know better what build will fit this rules the best. (mb a change in rules for sin need to be done? or u want everybody to be a sin?)

Maybe it makes sense to bring fair pvp rules and change the points system like in fair pvp? Like every char fights every other char? Sometimes theres rock-paper-scissors chars and your system do not make it clear whos better. You dont have so much participants to make it so long even with this rules.

The impression of current situation can make ppl think u just found a way to make fast gold.
    Git gud, son! XD

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

The rules of PvP has always been the same. I did not create them, nor have I edited them on D2PK Side. Whatever gold prizes I suggest have always been cleared by Acyroma. The IronMan rules have been touch and go for awhile now. Skills get buffed and certain things have to be banned. But that's not me personally do them. Whatever I do on the event side of rules or gold is ALWAYS cleared by Acyroma before I do anything.

So stating that Assassin needs to be banned or anything is simply not a good suggestion. These rules for D2PK have been around longer then I have been PvPing.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

What I'm talking about in this thread is ethics, I'm not saying you shouldn't profit from events, you should be paid for hosting it and doing your job that you applied for, not stealing the opportunity from new players with less experience from getting a prize.

It was a mistake on your part for having triple rewards in this recent event because it was nothing special, and if it was meant to be special then it was poorly organized, and that's something you didn't independently realize because you knew you'd win that prize and you can justify any inconvenience to the community by your own life schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    Addah, why don't you apply to volunteer as an event host? Then you can have them at convenient hours and not participate in them, just like you're saying Lock should do...

If I'm coming off a bit snarky, forgive me. Been working long hours and I'm getting anxious for the new patch.
    I don't blame you for not reading what the thread is about but you shouldn't make stuff up that I didn't say.

If you have an idea or something that would get more participation in the events, I am all ears. The most users I have ever had was I think 8. It doesnt matter if the usercount is 22. or 35. People either chose to participate in it or they don't.
    Longer registration times, make a Poll about when people have the most free time for events, make a firm decision about when events will be hosted a day or more in advance, advertise those details during peak times not just a couple hours before the event, and ask if other GM's can host events earlier in the day.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-07-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

The rules of PvP has always been the same. I did not create them, nor have I edited them on D2PK Side. Whatever gold prizes I suggest have always been cleared by Acyroma. The IronMan rules have been touch and go for awhile now. Skills get buffed and certain things have to be banned. But that's not me personally do them. Whatever I do on the event side of rules or gold is ALWAYS cleared by Acyroma before I do anything.

So stating that Assassin needs to be banned or anything is simply not a good suggestion. These rules for D2PK have been around longer then I have been PvPing.
    Any comments on the proposals I've made? At least about changing the rating system in PvP? All I saw is an attempt to justify current rules as if theres no problem with them. Also, I didnt suggest that the assasin need to be banned, a little change may be done for it according to fair pvp rules.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Any comments on the proposals I've made? At least about changing the rating system in PvP? All I saw is an attempt to justify current rules as if theres no problem with them. Also, I didnt suggest that the assasin need to be banned, a little change may be done for it according to fair pvp rules.
    Anni Rules can change. but D2PK PvP Rules will be the same. They have not been changed for years.

User Tag List