Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Event question/concern

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

[Updated] Event question/concern

[Update:] I think event makers should receive a flat rate of gold per event they host, they can still participate in the event but shouldn't be able to claim the gold prize, if they win 1st place they should pass on the gold to 2nd place, etc.

This would remove the conflict of interest, and if you think there is none then you should continue reading this thread and the discussions in the comments.

[Original post:]
    Curious why the last event on 4.0 was hosted when 90% of the server is sleeping, even moreso for the d2pk event that is still even later. Especially considering this event was "a big thank you" to dedicated players, the vast majority of which had no chance to participate.

With a total of 6 players and 2 GMs why were the gold prizes triple but the time was still inconvenient for the majority of players?

Sure not every event can be hosted during server-peak time, but why not make the effort to have as many players as possible join, especially if this event is supposed to be special?

Furthermore, how about posting the registration thread, even if it's locked, 12-24 hours before the event starts instead of 7 to help ensure more competition?

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?...5394#post65394
    http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=10987
    Last edited by Addah; 10-07-2016 at 09:05 PM.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

Hello Addah. First let me say thank you for your input, we at Annihilus always appreciate that, and that's what makes us better. Someone from Euro had asked me earlier today as well if the tournaments tonight could be moved up. Unfortunately my schedule couldn't support an early tournament today. I wanted to have these tournaments TODAY though, because Game said he's looking to release the patch sometime tomorrow. I'm sorry if you have to miss it or stay up late for it. I do apologize for that. Until I have a fully staff Event Staff that can do the early tournaments, I will try my best to make sure Euro players are included. As I previously stated in my thread here.

Gold

Not sure what you're responding to but it's not the particulars of my post.

You've hosted 6 events and won 1st place in 3 of them, 2nd place in the other 3.

When events start after 7pm EST you win 1st, earlier than that and you perhaps win 2nd.

Reviewing your past events, when you don't win 1st place then the gold prizes suddenly change and 2nd place gets 1k gold, 1st place gets 1.25k, even though it goes against the registration details.

On 9-23-2016 DrLukifer hosted his own Ironman event, so DrLukifer is qualified and capable of doing it himself, and his training is that he's participated in plenty of events and assisted you a couple times already.

For the Annihilus event I use as an example, I saw DrLukifer online most of the day, so why couldn't he host it 5 hours earlier? If it was your decision, it would seem the reason you don't want early events is because you can't attend them and win.

If this recently past event was "for the server" you would have found the BEST server time to host it, but instead you tripled the rewards and the competition was lower than usual.

It would have been just as valuable to have "the FIRST 4.1 event" hosted this weekend when it can be done properly for the sake of the server.

I'm not saying this is a grand conspiracy, but you have full control over when events start, you win them all, and if you don't win you still get the 1st place prize of 1k gold.

It's not hard to host an event, I know from plenty of experience but I won't get into it here, and I imagine Xardas and DrLukifer are capable enough to monitor a very much "automated" event take place and participate themselves.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-07-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

The one who hosts the event cant claim gold, even if he gets 1st place. Unless things got changed? I do agree about the euro time zone thing, but thats not Lockzillas fault. Europe event manager where are you?
    Last edited by Mephisto; 10-07-2016 at 09:27 AM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Not sure what you're responding to but it's not the particulars of my post.

You've hosted 6 events and won 1st place in 3 of them, 2nd place in the other 3.

When events start after 7pm EST you win 1st, earlier than that and you perhaps win 2nd.

Reviewing your past events, when you don't win 1st place then the gold prizes suddenly change and 2nd place gets 1k gold, 1st place gets 1.25k, even though it goes against the registration details.

On 9-23-2016 DrLukifer hosted his own Ironman event, so DrLukifer is qualified and capable of doing it himself, and his training is that he's participated in plenty of events and assisted you a couple times already.

For the Annihilus event I use as an example, I saw DrLukifer online most of the day, so why couldn't he host it 5 hours earlier? If it was your decision, it would seem the reason you don't want early events is because you can't attend them and win.

If this recently past event was "for the server" you would have found the BEST server time to host it, but instead you tripled the rewards and the competition was lower than usual.

It would have been just as valuable to have "the FIRST 4.1 event" hosted this weekend when it can be done properly for the sake of the server.

I'm not saying this is a grand conspiracy, but you have full control over when events start, you win them all, and if you don't win you still get the 1st place prize of 1k gold.

It's not hard to host an event, I know from plenty of experience but I won't get into it here, and I imagine Xardas and DrLukifer are capable enough to monitor a very much "automated" event take place and participate themselves.
    I am allowed to participate in the tournaments I host. The only time I cannot is if it's a 1v1 or requires a private game. Since I cannot moderate my own duels. Since we don't have enough users participation to do them. I am a really good dueler. That's why I win most the tournaments or come in 2nd place. This would happen EVEN if I wasn't on the staff team. I welcome you to duel me anytime. DrLukifer doesn't have access to set the BOT commands to spam the events. Nor did he have access to the /ann cg either at that time. He has now the ann cg, but still doesn't have bot access to set them. Not to mention I thought of this BIG tournament deal to say thank you for the users who stayed with us until 4.1 came out on Wednesday (10-5-16). Then I had IRL stuff come up with my family, so I had no way to let DrLukifer know about the idea or the event. The only person who knew beside me was Acyroma. So again, I'm sorry it couldn't have been earlier. I did what I could for that event at that time. If you want to host tournaments for Euro players. Then please fill out the staff event application and send me a PM. I can't make everyone on the server happy. I do what I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    The one who hosts the event cant claim gold, even if he gets 1st place. Unless things got changed? I do agree about the euro time zone thing, but thats not Lockzillas fault. Europe event manager where are you?
    That has changed Joe. I am allowed to win and claim gold if its a FFA event where there are ton's of people in the game and witnesses.
    Last edited by Lockzilla; 10-07-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lockzilla View Post
    I am allowed to win and claim gold if its a FFA event where there are ton's of people in the game and witnesses.
    6 players and 2 GM's is not a tonne of participants, and an event that is expressly to show appreciation to players should be hosted when those deserving players can participate. If you couldn't host it at a decent time then there's no reason for the gold rewards to be triple.

It looks bad when your personal life sets you up to have less competition and more bonus prizes for yourself.

Why not host the event on Saturday/Sunday? The new patch as far as I know has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics for players at level 15. Instead you rushed it and the server didn't really benefit at all.

Gold

6 players and 2 GM's is not a tonne of participants, and an event that is expressly to show appreciation to players should be hosted when those deserving players can participate. If you couldn't host it at a decent time then there's no reason for the gold rewards to be triple.

It looks bad when your personal life sets you up to have less competition and more bonus prizes for yourself.

Why not host the event on Saturday/Sunday? The new patch as far as I know has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics for players at level 15. Instead you rushed it and the server didn't really benefit at all.
    What's done is done. I cannot change that. If that looks bad to you then I am sorry. I don't bend the rules to benefit me. As of right now there are only 2 event staff and myself. Like I previously stated DrLukifer didn't have the right commands. and Fearsum1 hasn't been officially on the team yet. Those I have nothing to do with. That's Acyroma department. Sorry I can't make everyone happy. And the prizes were increased for that one event. If you couldn't make it then don't blame me for it. You had the same notice as everyone else did.

Gold

I was online for the entire event but chose not to participate, this has nothing to do with that and I haven't mentioned myself in this thread.

I'm talking about events for the servers sake instead of your own, but I realize it's hard to do with your own schedule.

Part of my argument here is there's more reasoning for this events prizes to be regular instead of tripled; the circumstances were not ideal.

The new patch had nothing to do with it because events will be the same afterwards, and you could've increased the prizes for the 1st event on the new patch instead of the last event on this one.

If you're going to have a "thanks for your dedication" event with tripled prizes you should host it for as many people as you can instead of rushing it to fit your agenda.

You didn't consider any alternatives that would make it better for the servers community, such as higher amount of participants.

Gold

I was online for the entire event but chose not to participate, this has nothing to do with that and I haven't mentioned myself in this thread.

I'm talking about events for the servers sake instead of your own, but I realize it's hard to do with your own schedule.

Part of my argument here is there's more reasoning for this events prizes to be regular instead of tripled; the circumstances were not ideal.

The new patch had nothing to do with it because events will be the same afterwards, and you could've increased the prizes for the 1st event on the new patch instead of the last event on this one.

If you're going to have a "thanks for your dedication" event with tripled prizes you should host it for as many people as you can instead of rushing it to fit your agenda.

You didn't consider any alternatives that would make it better for the servers community, such as higher amount of participants.
    If you have an idea or something that would get more participation in the events, I am all ears. The most users I have ever had was I think 8. It doesnt matter if the usercount is 22. or 35. People either chose to participate in it or they don't.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Lock, the problem here is that Addah doesn't think you're trying hard enough, when you're donating your time and effort, to cater to the desires of every last single person here. The tournaments you have are during peak hours. I've been in several of your tournaments, where I usually place last or close to it, but I don't complain about you participating. You're a good player, and it's not like you're rigging events in your favor.

Now, the alternative is to have somebody volunteer to basically be permanently banned from tournaments in order to host them. Sounds appealing, dunnit?

Addah, why don't you apply to volunteer as an event host? Then you can have them at convenient hours and not participate in them, just like you're saying Lock should do...

If I'm coming off a bit snarky, forgive me. Been working long hours and I'm getting anxious for the new patch.

User Tag List