@vaudeville

Man, how do you think we did at ladder reset?

I personnaly came to play here 2 weeks after reset in october. I knew nothing about the additionnal content.
I had to read wiki a lot, ask ppl questions, find my own way to get items, coz in addition, i couldnt get free mav or tal, i had no tal amu for like 2/3 weeks or more.
I made a cheap smiter, coz as ur saying if u know D2, u must then know how to make a smiter, even with shitty items... (astreon dracul dragonscale veil etc)
I farmed knarst + kaalut + othuyeg + shaa for days, i couldnt take on mappo and i died so much doing the 3 other bosses from DL. BUT I FARMED THEM ANYWAY.
Made some inf cows with mav set when i could, and eventually traded a cow part to finish my 1st cow set.
When i had my java to 7.5k charge strike, i made mappo runz, sometimes took me 5 mn to kill mappo, and so what ?
Thats how the game is ... kinda hard at some point to transition to being strong in late game content

My point is, its totally doable, without any kind of help (or maybe a little bit of trading, which is a big part of D2 anyway)

If u know how to make a bad smiter + a mav bowama and a tal sorc, u just have to farm then.
If u answer me u dont wanna invest time in farming, then just dont play D2?

Did you email Blizzard because ppl can do ubbers faster than u, or coz sorc is a must have to farm bosses when ur poor?
Did you email them to say hammerdin is OP? Java is OP? Make Keyz drop more often coz its boring to farm for it?

Some things said in this thread makes me feel like you guyz want the mod to be noobfriendlied so its easier to get to late game, but part of the game IS to get to late game, not play 1 weeks and kill all DL without dying...
(in that regard i totally agree with lampo that the spect mode is lame, even so i like the fact i can have all my chars XPing at same time easy, but it seems lame)
... OFC after 2 weeks of playing, u cant have all the best items, and i'd say FORTUNATLY!!!

I surely would prefer to have more players in here, and i dont wanna be rude to you, but man, if its to hard or to much time to invest farming and getting gear, just dont play in here? Go play D3? u ll have so much less time required playing to be happy with what u have...

PS: i didnt mention the fact u can also play in TEAM, and so get more chances to be ok for late game by comboing classes.
(i always used a BO barb, which enabled my chars a lot faster, even with low items. having double life is a way man ...)