Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorc abyss sphere modifications

Gold
    Annihilus Account: WDZepplin2

Sorc abyss sphere modifications

Hello all,

After testing sorc, I must say that the abyss sphere for sorc feels underwhelming. Besides getting 1 skill, it doesn't give sorc any other worthy bonuses unlike other classes.

I think it should be modified to it gives something better such as +max mana, + energy +elemental damage

This way, it would feel rewarding to have in your inventory. Instead I feel like its better for me to swap for a skill grand charm and have an extra arcane essence from the extra space not having abyss gives me.

This is just a suggestion, let me know what you think.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Does ES' telekinesis synergie still count before all Resist, DR%, etc?

maybe add something to abyss sphere, giving you double or triple the synergie effect it would normally have?! So we would have a 60% damage reduce before even counting dr or resist into the calculation. That leads to less defensive stats on the gear (and ofcourse then more damage attributes) or less skilled telekinesis while still being as effective as possible, damage wise.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

-10-20 ele pierce
    +50-60 mana when struck

or someth better than useless skill
    Last edited by Lampogriz; 12-18-2016 at 12:22 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Man, i love this skill Pls dont remove it ._.
    Some pierce is a nice add ye

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    -10-20 ele pierce
    +50-60 mana when struck

or someth better than useless skill
    The skill has potential to be one of the best in the game . Nobody bothers trying to build around it though. I've not said anything but if someone builds properly, especially with newer items, they'd have an insane character. There are multiple skills / builds like that that people aren't using, I am surprised it took non-trap sins so long to get used.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    The skill has potential to be one of the best in the game . Nobody bothers trying to build around it though. I've not said anything but if someone builds properly, especially with newer items, they'd have an insane character. There are multiple skills / builds like that that people aren't using, I am surprised it took non-trap sins so long to get used.
    With a game like this that people have played for 15+ years using the same old reliable skills and builds, It might take a bit of a nudge to get people to try new things. Keeping new items a secret and letting people discover them is fun but new skills should be showcased by the team I think. Relying on players to do it might not work. Especially if the new build is super strong. People might avoid sharing their builds if they think that you might nerf them

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    With a game like this that people have played for 15+ years using the same old reliable skills and builds, It might take a bit of a nudge to get people to try new things. Keeping new items a secret and letting people discover them is fun but new skills should be showcased by the team I think. Relying on players to do it might not work. Especially if the new build is super strong. People might avoid sharing their builds if they think that you might nerf them
    I can only do so much! I've had to put things in the patch notes to try skills, even then it doesn't work. I like making people work for the discovery now If people come up with something really awesome and want to keep it private though, I can understand. Hiding builds was pretty common back in the day on D2.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I can only do so much! I've had to put things in the patch notes to try skills, even then it doesn't work. I like making people work for the discovery now If people come up with something really awesome and want to keep it private though, I can understand. Hiding builds was pretty common back in the day on D2.
    Having a smaller community makes this hard as well. If you've got a couple million people playing the game new builds will be fleshed out rather quickly. Here it will take time if they even get discovered at all.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Considering how long it took us to figure out how broken abyss blink was, I figure we have a lot left to discover. The issue I recall having with flame strike is that it only benefits from +all skills. So sorc-specific items like heart of hell and the crucible orb don't buff it because they have +sorc skills instead of +all skills. Fixing that issue, if it still exists, would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    Considering how long it took us to figure out how broken abyss blink was, I figure we have a lot left to discover. The issue I recall having with flame strike is that it only benefits from +all skills. So sorc-specific items like heart of hell and the crucible orb don't buff it because they have +sorc skills instead of +all skills. Fixing that issue, if it still exists, would help a lot
    I could have totally fixed this, but forgot. Thanks for reminding me!

User Tag List