Thread: The Dimensional Rift (new dungeon concept)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

The Dimensional Rift (new dungeon concept)

Well, as we all know, grinding for shit sucks. However, it's for the grind that we play for, it keeps us hoping that maybe, just maybe this time it will drop, this time all my effort won't be for naught.

With the new ladder approaching, we will all be starting fresh. Soon though, there will be veterans of the game who seem to sit on top and find they don't have anything to do. Well, I present The Dimensional Rift as a challenge to the truly devoted.

Where can I find The Dimensional Rift?

The Rift will only appear when the equilibrium is in a state of imbalance.

So, how does the equilibrium get unbalanced?

Uber Izzy, Lilith, and Duriel each drop a dimensional shard unique to each of them at say 5% chance to drop

Avatar of Azaroth and the Cow Queen will have a chance of dropping a Dimensional Shard also unique to them at the same chances.

Omega Baal from worldstone event will also drop one at again 5%.

Yet another one will be found on the Lich King. However being much easier to access, his drop rate will be lower, say, 0.5%-1%.

Oth, Kal, Shaa, and mappo from DL will each have a chance to drop the DL shard (each one drops same item code) at a rate of 1:1000

Not lastly, Knarst will drop one at maybe a rate of 1:250

Pandemonium Diablo will drop a shard. Guess what the rate is? 5%!

**NOTE**These items shouldn't be like frags, where they drop with other items, if one drops, it negates all other drops like when DL bosses drop their puzzles. Only exceptions will be Omega Baal, uber izzy, uber lilith, uber duriel. Yes, that means you are *not* getting an anni if dclone drops his shard.

Once all 10 are collected, go to Arcane Sanctuary and at Horazon's Journal you will cube all 10 shards to open The Rift.

Hot damn that's going to take forever!!! This Rift better be a bloody paradise of a map full of custom content!
    Nope! It's just black, cause uh... Welcome to The Void!!

Soooo, what do we do?
    Great question! The Void will be about the size of the Plains of Despair and contain 5 chests scattered randomly, and a Guardian of the Void also somewhere in there.

Okay, we kill the guardian and loot the chests for epic loot, great idea...
    Oh no no! The chests each contain Essence of Equilibrium. When all 5 are collected, cube them to make the equilibrium stone, but don't take too long!

Why?
    For every 60 seconds you spend in The Void, the Guardian will summon one of the 10 shard holders to assist him.

Really? Why kill the Guardian then? Just let him summon bosses for epic lootz!
    They wont drop anything, sorry bro.

Shit... Forget the essences, I'm going to just go kill him straight from the get-go then cause I'm a TF Zealer/Psn Nec
    Clever, but it can't be that easy! The Equilibrium Stone grants an aura that allows the Guardian to be weakened. Yes, just weakened. He has 3 auras he cycles through each granting him immunity to 2 different elements including physical and magical. He switches auras every 30 seconds. Without the stone, he can't be damaged.

Finally got all the shards, and killed the bastard, what's my reward?
    A Void rune! and maybe an equip or charm or something, but mainly a Void rune!!

A void rune?
    YEA!!

What does it do?
    It's a rune that gives no mods but contains some power of the void. It can maybe be used for powerful runewords, or cubed with 2 other runes to open...

...?
    ...The Silver City...

Huh?
    You fight 3 Arch Angels here, the Angiris Council

Back up, you said 2 other runes besides the Void rune, which ones do I use? Xer and Tor?
    You wish! Cthulu drops the Rune of Dreams and Belial drops the Rune of Lies.

Man fuck this...
    I'm not done yet though!!

Fine, just hurry and finish...
    Mmkay!

The 3 archangels you fight in the council each drop their own unique piece.

Itherael drops the Scroll of Fate
    Imperious; Solarion
    Auriel; Cord of Hope

Isn't Tyrael an archangel?
    Yes, and when you manage to find the key to get to him, he may drop his sword!

We're done now? We get a scroll some cord, a spear and a sword?
    For now, but we can always carry on! The Triune, or make something that trag-oul drops to carry on the story from the lore!

Save that scroll and cord though, who knows what it could be used for

Haha, you put a lot of thought into this! I can definitely appreciate that. There is definitely some new PvM content already in the works, but I cannot really say what it is yet Since everyone is starting over and the endgame curve will be completely different, there won't be as much NEW content as usual for a new patch, but I am focusing on fixing specs / classes that are currently underperforming.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Haha, you put a lot of thought into this! I can definitely appreciate that. There is definitely some new PvM content already in the works, but I cannot really say what it is yet Since everyone is starting over and the endgame curve will be completely different, there won't be as much NEW content as usual for a new patch, but I am focusing on fixing specs / classes that are currently underperforming.
    I imagine the Assassin is getting some love, is it possible for you to give us a glimpse as to what that may be, if anything?

Quote Originally Posted by soulkush View Post
    I imagine the Assassin is getting some love, is it possible for you to give us a glimpse as to what they may be, if anything?
    I haven't got much work done on the assassin, but yep sin and druid are the main targets of improvement

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I haven't got much work done on the assassin, but yep sin and druid are the main targets of improvement
    Being an assassin, they should be artists of death. As such, maybe we could have a passive that takes away enemy physical res as they know weak spots of their pray. Also, maybe we could have the charge-up skills only be used up by the finishing moves. So, if we want to charge up tiger strike, then start WW'ing around with the bonus tiger strike gave us, it wouldn't disappear until after its time was up.

Maybe in a future patch we could also have an enchant or jewel that has +1 teleport.

Just some ideas..

Quote Originally Posted by soulkush View Post
    Being an assassin, they should be artists of death. As such, maybe we could have a passive that takes away enemy physical res as they know weak spots of their pray. Also, maybe we could have the charge-up skills only be used up by the finishing moves. So, if we want to charge up tiger strike, then start WW'ing around with the bonus tiger strike gave us, it wouldn't disappear until after its time was up.

Maybe in a future patch we could also have an enchant or jewel that has +1 teleport.

Just some ideas..
    I think you'll like how sins turn out

Gold

Bump

User Tag List