Thread: Miscellaneous suggestions and recommendations

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: gtoes

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    3) Clan charms or effects?

Made this suggestion elsewhere, but I'll bring it up again. The point was just to wonder if say specific charms like effect stones and/or dyes could be made for certain clans so that all members of such will clearly stand out from other clans and look uniform (for the most part assuming members of such don't have other effect stones or dyes), or though boring, the clan name could appear above a players heads for simple identification.

Obviously something like this should require it be bought with gold since it would be a custom item which will be more work for the developer(s). I do hope of all my suggestions made here or elsewhere, this one is really considered.

PS: Just to throw it out there, and I know this is getting into wishful thinking territory, but I had also considered that such charms could additionally give some unique (only one bonus) and uniform clan bonus to all members though I don't expect such a bonus to be anything remarkable say such gives:

5 to 10 to vitality,
    5 to 10 to energy,
    5 to 10 to strength,
    5 to 10 to dexterity,
    ? to extra defense,
    ? extra AR, etc.)
    at least 1% life steal or 5 to life per hit,
    at least 1% mana steal or 5 to mana per hit,
    ? to fhr
    at least 5 to all resistances
    ? to faster walk and run
    % extra damage to demons, the undead, or etc.
    and much more

Or perhaps such could give practically worthless stats just to be funny like say:

1000% extra gold dropped,
    + (no more than 100) extra elemental damage,
    + ? to stamina,
    + ? to light radius,
    damage reduced by ? (not a percentage but some number not exceeding say a 100),
    attacker takes damage of ?,

Again, just to note, I know the latter part is a lot of wishful thinking. Just amuse yourselves on the thought at least. Also just to note, I am additionally considering that such bonuses shouldn't be great so that no one really things of abusing such i.e. having other clan charms (which if such had an effect would instantly prove such at a glance), though I doubt most people anyway (well except Jared of course) would go to that length considering that I am recommending such costs gold.
    @vaudeville

You are completely clueless how d2 mechanics work and clans have always identified themselves by putting the clan tag before the character name (ex: Eg-Zeus) why would anyone want to change that now with an annoying nv or a tag that floats over their head. Clans are typically competitive and competitive players in general are not fans of annoying animations distracting them while dueling.

You list mods as being "less than remarkable" (ex: fhr/life per hit/stat points/frw) or "useless" (ex: elemental dmg/dmg reduced by integer) that could potentially break the balance of the game.
    Even on the anni side pvp is planned to eventually become a part of the realm and adding a bunch of thoughtless mods to items specifically for clans is the most absurd suggestion I think I've ever read on a private realm forum and I've been around a long time.

Its clear to me your understanding of this game is not up to par to even think about suggesting anything regarding game balance or item balance and your probably better off sticking to magic finding.
    Last edited by Jekel; 05-12-2016 at 06:27 PM.

User Tag List