Although I agree that the reset should still be scheduled around August, myself and other players are noticing a drop in activity, even though I've personally have ran into new players trying out the game, while it excites me to see new people playing Annihilus, I fear that with the lower player count, they might feel disheartened. When I come across a new player I always inform them that if they feel a lack of community, it is simply because a fair amount of players are taking a break until the reset, that way they have incentive to continue forth and play, or at the very least, wait for the reset themselves. August is a fair date for a Ladder reset but, seeing the direction the server is going, Sooner than August might spark player-interest again. Not too soon, but just enough. D2PK has been a great alternative to this, but one can only go in and PVP for so long before it slightly becomes mundane and repetitive.
In the end it is up to you Admins to decide, take a look around the forums and the game, take note where the community is now.
The new content/patch was great and definately enjoyable, can't wait to take a crack at it once more with everyone again.