Thread: Best of the best diablo 2 pk league

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gtoes

Best of the best diablo 2 pk league

Ok so this will be setup similar to a counter-strike tournament with some obvious changes. There will be 4-6 groups with 4-6 people in each group. So for an example

Group a
    seed 1 player -
    seed 1 player -
    seed 2 player -
    seed 2 player -
    seed 3 player -
    seed 3 player -

Group b
    seed 1 player -
    seed 1 player -
    seed 2 player -
    seed 2 player -
    seed 3 player -
    seed 3 player -

Seeds will be placed by myself 2 days before the league starts and posted on these forums for discussion in case someone feels I misplaced someone, since I don't know every single dueler and what skill level they currently play at just my past experience.

Once the groups are finalized and posted every dueler has to duel every other dueler in their group. Duels won't be the standard tournament/league setup. For example: there will be 10 different character classes allowed to be played, before the duels start the 2 players participating will use the .flip coin flip function on the bot to decide who gets first ban. Then each player will take turns banning a character class until there are only 2 character types remaining. Once the 2 character types left are decided the players will duel each other 2 ft3's doing both of the possible matchups, example below.

2 character classes left bvc/druid

1st ft3 - player 1 - druid player 2 - bvc
    2nd ft3 - player 1 - bvc player 2 - druid

Each ft3 won is equal to 1 point. Once all the duels have played out the 2 people in each group with the most points will advance to the final tournament. In the event of any ties in points more than 2 players can be advanced from the groups.

Final Tournament Setup

Each player in the final tournament is going to be allowed to pick 3 of their favorite characters out of the 10 to use in the tournament. Once brackets are posted one player will make game with 1 of the 3 character types they have chosen and the other player will enter the game with the character type of their choice. Once both players are in the game your decision on what character you play will be final and the duels will be ft3 until the semi finals/finals which will be ft5.

The idea behind this tournament.

The best overall dueler should still be able to win duels no matter what character they play. Most of the best duelers on diablo have been playing this game for over 10 years and should still be able to pull wins even if they have to leave their wheelhouse character wise. The setup on the final tournament should also prevent players simply playing w/e character they are best at all the time because it leaves them open to being setup for a disadvantaged duel vs other players that know what they prefer to play.

The 10 character types available for choosing are listed below. I left blizzer's out since they are so easy to stack against on this realm it would be pointless to play one in this setting to be honest.

1. Trap Sin
    2. Ghost Sin
    3. Bone Necro
    4. Tornado Druid
    5. Bvc/Bva
    6. Bowazon (tele or non tele)
    7. Fire Sorceress (es or non es)
    8. Light Sorceress (es or non es)
    9. Hdin (foh or smite as a second skill is allowed)
    10. V/t T/v V/c (any form of smiter)

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gtoes

damnt please move this to d2pk gen discussion

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Agent

I simply cannot wait.

User Tag List