Thread: List of suggestions and recommendations regarding gear

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

List of suggestions and recommendations regarding gear

Another list of suggestions and recommendations this time regarding gear

1) Thunderstroke Matriarchal Javelins

I think such should be tweaked a bit to have 10 up to no more than 20% lightning damage (instead of the add lightning damage it has). Also it being able to replenish itself albeit slowly or increasing the quantity of such would be nice too. An additional alternative could be another Amazon javelin in case the above the suggestion makes such quite too powerful considering vs. the fact that such isn't hard to find.

2) Khalim's Hope Caduceus

I'll be honest. I'm kind of iffy to what I would like to see done differently with this weapon. It may just be that I'm not comfortable/experienced enough when it comes to hammers, but I would like to see I think a trade between either the weapon's fcr and/or magic damage vs. perhaps some trait which allows more hammers to spawn at once. The spiral effect with hammers can needless to say be a bit odd especially when the enemy is right on top of you which leaves me to wonder if there is (and I'm not sure exactly how to best describe this) any way to have it that you can spawn hammers at one time with say each being opposite from one another (e.g. two spawns immediately say to both your left and right hips). Just thought I throw this out there and please be mindful before saying I'm asking that things be made easier by taking note of the drawback(s) I mentioned.

3) Thunderfury

Too overpowered any way you look at it especially of course with enchantments. It ought to be toned done a bit with slightly less damage (the maximum being perhaps somewhere between 375 to 400), less to holy shock (20 to 25), increase in dexterity needed perhaps being somewhere between 75 to 100 (which will likely be needed anyway because of AR problems), and maybe one or two other reductions. I don't mind if the sword makes the Zeal paladin a powerhouse, but I do not like the fact that such can easily be a one man army even without lightning damage enchantments (and yes I understand in the reset it is very unlikely we'll be seeing many people get this sword any time soon). Another consideration altogether could be to keep the stats as is, but allow Tyrael to drop such.

4) Frostmourne

Either get rid of the dragon or reduce the chances of it spawning down to no more than 10%. Not bothered by anything else by the weapon other than its drop rates.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-11-2016 at 02:04 AM.

Gold

5) New death scythe

The basic premise would be for such to be a weapon used primarily for a more cursed based necromancer (yes I understand that sounds crazy, just amuse yourselves again here). Other points,

1) Such should be more powerful in terms of damage than the Cthulhu Thresher and made exclusive to the necromancer only (so that such can't be abused by other physical builds and since the necromancer isn't meant to be a physical build).

2) Must have splash damage
    3) Should have at least 3 sockets up to 5
    4) Possibly dropped by the necromancer during the Worldstone event (not guaranteed though)
    5) Prevent monster heal
    6) May cause more than 1 type of curse when a successful hit is landed (and yes I do realize curses don't stack) such as amp damage, attract, etc. or instead adds plus 5 (or even more) to curse skills or a particular curse.
    7) Should have some kind of life steal or life per hit
    8) Very fast attack speed
    9) Some new aura perhaps when equipped (which may do life steal, attack damage, and AR bonus)
    10) Huge AR Bonus and ignore target defense (will very likely be needed)

Gold

6) New Ring of Gyges?

The basic premise here would be that such a ring would boost a players ability to practically be invulnerable at a certain point and at certain intervals but comes perhaps at some price. Possible stats:

1) Drains life or reduces vitality?
    2) +X to (Y skill) in general or when struck (Z%) that Y skill activates with the Y skill essentially being a combination of fade and cloak of shadows but which gives other perks as well.

3) high level requirement (in case such is abused), so at least level 95 or higher
    4) An automatic chance that certain attacks miss
    5) Some high increase to dexterity

Other notes
    1) Dropped at one of the Inferno pits, Azathoth, or Cthulhu?
    2) Don't think such should have any +A to all skills or certain class skills.

Gold

7) the Assassin and Druid Abyss Spheres

I'm probably jumping the gun here especially if the Assassin and Druid skill set is going to get a do over for the reset (I think I heard Game mention this), but in case that doesn't go too well for whatever reason, I think both the Assassin and Druid Abyss Spheres (perhaps even the Paladin too for the reason I'm about to give) ought to be re-worked for at least one reason. That being that abyss spheres ought (emphasis on ought) to help any build for that type of character. Clearly as things are now the Assassin Abyss sphere clearly favors the "Trapsin".

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

1. T strokes are fine, recharging them is the tradeoff to using them. I vote against changing it for the same reason why we still fetch wirts leg for cows.

2. Instead of trying to make a perfect weapon to assist a skill that needs attention, why not petition to change the skill. For example, if its hard to aim it, ask for the hammers to be made bigger or have a bigger impact radius.

3. Yes tfury is op, but think of it this way. If it has an aura lvl 25, combined with cor monarch, that gives it 40, plus a neph ammy, that gives it lvl 55 which is actually more powerful then just having the fury and a neph, or a tfury and cor as stacking auras cant go over lvl 55, and if it goes over 55, the item's aura is voided.

The damage mod is hardly relevant with this weapon, and adding 100 dex to it or a large amount of ar won't help anything. I put dragon jewels in all my gear to reach 18k ar instead of a bunch of facets. You have to choose between high damage/lower ar or higher ar/less dmg.

Having Tyrael drop this would make no sense at all when he only uses the sword of truth...

And why add yet another place for this epic weapon to drop? One place is enough.

4. FM is fine imo

5. You didnt think this one through... I dont even wanna get into it.

6. We already have 75% dr, we dont need invincibility and what would raising dex do? So we have less health, invincibility, max block with no points in dex, and shit ton of ar so we dont miss. And its a ring, so time two. I say nay.

7. Well, MA sin is crap until the new patch, so it doesnt really matter, but having teleport with any combination of gear you want? Other classes would kill for that.

Druid sphere gives you cold mastery and damage. Give a shapeshifter a cold build and gg.

The paladin sphere is epic. It helps hammers and any combat skill that puts you in the fray. Being a zealer, crucify saved my ass amd made runs quicker too many times to even try and count. The extra skill and 50 life per hit is just icing on the cake.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by soulkush View Post
    1. T strokes are fine, recharging them is the tradeoff to using them. I vote against changing it for the same reason why we still fetch wirts leg for cows.

2. Instead of trying to make a perfect weapon to assist a skill that needs attention, why not petition to change the skill. For example, if its hard to aim it, ask for the hammers to be made bigger or have a bigger impact radius.

3. Yes tfury is op, but think of it this way. If it has an aura lvl 25, combined with cor monarch, that gives it 40, plus a neph ammy, that gives it lvl 55 which is actually more powerful then just having the fury and a neph, or a tfury and cor as stacking auras cant go over lvl 55, and if it goes over 55, the item's aura is voided.

The damage mod is hardly relevant with this weapon, and adding 100 dex to it or a large amount of ar won't help anything. I put dragon jewels in all my gear to reach 18k ar instead of a bunch of facets. You have to choose between high damage/lower ar or higher ar/less dmg.

Having Tyrael drop this would make no sense at all when he only uses the sword of truth...

And why add yet another place for this epic weapon to drop? One place is enough.

4. FM is fine imo

5. You didnt think this one through... I dont even wanna get into it.

6. We already have 75% dr, we dont need invincibility and what would raising dex do? So we have less health, invincibility, max block with no points in dex, and shit ton of ar so we dont miss. And its a ring, so time two. I say nay.

7. Well, MA sin is crap until the new patch, so it doesnt really matter, but having teleport with any combination of gear you want? Other classes would kill for that.

Druid sphere gives you cold mastery and damage. Give a shapeshifter a cold build and gg.

The paladin sphere is epic. It helps hammers and any combat skill that puts you in the fray. Being a zealer, crucify saved my ass amd made runs quicker too many times to even try and count. The extra skill and 50 life per hit is just icing on the cake.
    1) The lightning Javazon is not as useful as people claim it to be without tons of lightning facets or enchantments especially compared to a bowzon even with starting equipment and part of the problem should fall on the javelins used. They're not good enough and should be tweaked slightly. Extra lightning damage won't make the lightning Javazon ridiculously OP for pvm. Again it's either that or there be another javelin that is harder to find, but which will be satisfying to get.

2) That's true. It is really more about the skill than the weapon. It can either way for me.

3) Hmm. Yeah, that's true too. Perhaps point 2 could apply here as well (i.e. tone done holy shock damage in general?). I only mentioned the part of requiring more dexterity with the intention that then a Zeal Paladin will have to sacrifice putting points into vitality so that such may be more of a high risk/high reward weapon/build. I.e. you can dish a lot of damage still, but you're pretty much dead meat if you get hit yourself.

Also I forgot about Tyreal's sword. My bad. I only thought that the sword should be dropped there with its OP stats intact because it would make the sword harder to get (and thus justify its OP stats mentioned), otherwise you're right. We don't need another place for it to drop.

4) The dragon is still annoying and lags too much.

5) You're right, that's why it was meant more for the reader's amusement. I won't lose sleep over not having it when there's always the Green scythe to look forward too. Just thought about throwing it out there for kicks.

6) ...wow, so a few points/clarifications apparently

A) Yes we do have a 75% damage reduction cap. I understand that and didn't ask for it to be broken. The point here was to have another source of damage reduction other than with certain pieces of armor, runes, scrolls, shields (something that a spear Amazon, frenzy barbarian or whirlwind and/or dual wielding assassin won't use), etc. so I don't see how that's a bad thing. Whether it proves worthwhile in the end is another story (both Cthulhu rings do damage reduction as well so this ring would have to compete with such).

B) Didn't ask for complete invincibility (which is impossible anyway) or that such should at best be more than temporary. The point here was to make the ring risky to use but still fun. It could bail you ought from a jam, or you could get screwed over (admittedly that is what teleportation is for which I'm sure you would have pointed out which I can't argue against).

C) Raising dexterity increases defense, AR, and block rate (with a shield of course). That's one reason to include that. The other is so that other stat points can be transferred elsewhere.

D) AR has what to do with the proposed rings? I never even mentioned AR even indirectly.

7a) Blink does teleport (if so dang, I need to pay more attention)? Then again I didn't ask for it to be removed.
    b) Oh come on. You can't tell me hurricane is that good with the Shapeshifting druid (nevermind the summoning druid), come on. Is it amusing, I bet, but still...
    c) Yeah, although I still don't have that one I did recognize the thing about hammers which I think is cool, but its not good for any other paladin build. Crucify, I have no experience with. I'll take your word for it though again, I never mentioned removing that.

User Tag List