Annihilus Account: vaudeville

More questions about crafting

So that we may be on the same page, I refer to the following links

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=30598890

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...teditems.shtml

Also this
    http://www.blizzhackers.cc/viewtopic.php?t=394138

First, one or two disclaimers and assumptions

1) The following is asked with respect to beginning the game anew after the reset.
    2) the player(s) in question interested in crafting will have some help from friends and a clan member to provide some material for crafting.

Second, a few preliminary question(s) and considerations

1) What (other than grand skill charms) ought I craft?

I ask this for the following considerations

A) Pretty much all builds/players will seek the starting gear set items and certain unique items that aren't too hard to find ASAP, or in other words the following gaps may likely be present (again assuming this is the very beginning) for the following builds/players

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------First Note: the following items will be ignored from being obtained any time soon after the reset:

1) Mara's amulet.
    2) Occulus rings
    3) Stone of Jordan rings
    4) Carrion rings
    5) Bul-kathos rings
    6) Wisp rings

Second note: we'll assume players in the beginning will be able to find or obtain the following early on:

1) the Arachnid sash
    2) Thundergod's vigor (is that the name?)
    3) The unique boots for the necromancer
    4) the magefist for the fire sorceress (or any player interested in mana regeneration early on)
    5) physical players will find the steelrend gauntlets (well this might take a bit more time perhaps, but we'll make the assumption anyway)
    6) all players needing shields will have either the Herald of Zakurum (for paladins of course) or the unique Stormshield.
    7) the unique diadem with lightning damage
    8) the unique spired helmet (not the one with cold damage), andariel's visage, harlequin shakos, or even the crown of ages
    9) Arkaine's valor (such should drop in the inferno pits which should be doable for a shield throw barbarian)?
    10) the unique amulets for the necromancer and paladin and the highlord amulet in general
    11) all relative builds will have the starting green set items early on

Third note: we'll assume there is no added or modded new gear equipment that can be found early on that we haven't seen before
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a) In general, most builds/players excepting the sorceress will be needing a pair of rings (and maybe amulets if they're dissatisfied with having to use highlords)

b) The amazon in general will need a pair of boots while the Javazon will need a pair of gloves in addition

c) The assassin will need a pair of gloves (maybe steelrend for the Martial Arts assassin?)

d) The summoner and elemental druid may need a pair of gloves (perhaps both may in the meantime rely on the magefist gauntlets if mana is a problem?)

e) the paladin in general will also need a lot excepting perhaps a belt, helmet, gloves (unless such is
    a hammerdin or FOH paladin which aren't good builds to start off with as of now so they should be ignored), and shield (I take it the smiter won't have to worry about what weapon he'll need).

2) Much as I know how much luck is always a factor, I still have to ask would crafting really be that worthwhile in the long run (or even short run) vs. the following considerations:

A) the time taken toward crafting could better be spent farming for decent rare items from the Plaguelands (assuming that will still be the case) or other end-game areas.

B) that it would be better to stock up on say high runes, fragments, divine gems, etc. which you can trade with for any gear you might have problems getting later (or for any rare items other players find but don't need).

C) the time it would take stockpiling all the necessary ingredients for crafting

D) that the crafted items that turn out not to be useful enough compared to other items
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-13-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Gold

2) So, let me put it this way. From what I understand (obviously I haven't done this before because I never found the need to do this even with charms), you can sort of steer/determine, if you will, what kind of item you want and its stats (ignoring the general stats certain class of recipes such as "blood" and "caster" etc.) you'd like although there still will be some unpredictability involved.

So suppose I want a ring for a lightning Javazon. I'm probably going to go for the "caster" recipes (blood probably would be fine too). I'd definitely would like such to end up having some of the following traits (obviously not all)

+2 to all skills or just to amazon skills (obviously on the top priority)
    X% mana steal, Y% mana per hit, or Z% mana reneration (Note: this trait ought to stack correct once made?)
    A% to fcr
    B% to all resistances
    +C to all stats

So

a) What ought I to do (other than having a ton of perfect amethysts, amn runes, etc.) to hope to get the above traits?

b) Also, I understand I have to make sure my character is somewhere around level 93 and higher correct?

c) It should also matter what item level the rings and jewels are correct (this shouldn't be much of a problem if I use anything that drops from cows, Baal and his minions, inferno areas, and uber and worldstone bosses correct) or do the particular names/accompanying stats and level of item matter?
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-13-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Gold

Disregard 2c with regard to monster levels. Looks like the short answer is yes especially if you over level 90.

Gold

3) I've noticed there seems to be a lack of certain mods listed on some of these sites (from what I gather anyway) in particular +X% increased to all attributes.

I'm pretty sure this will be a pain to ask, but is there anyway to get this list of things not included (...then again how will this matter with all this mentioning of groups, etc.) or should I torture myself and try to list all the ones I can find (note I take it that all new additional mods should probably turn over to some extent all these calculations of getting said mod for the crafted item(s) right)?
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-13-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

torture yourself

e: most assumptions correct

User Tag List