Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

More questions

1) Is it true conviction will not effect enemy poison resistances (refer to the link below), but it should remove any poison immunity?

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...-offense.shtml

2) How many items can you equip that will (or will not) stack the same aura (take the Zeal Paladin with Thunderfury, a corrupted stormshield, and Paladin Nephalem Amulet for an example)?

3) Are fire (or for that matter lightning) facets worth using with regard to the lower enemy fire resistance modifier if you have the Vortex orb which converts fire to physical damage?

A) alternatively, if your fire damage is physical damage, can physical modifiers like crushing blow apply or not?

B) Conviction used in tandem with the above should both remove the fire immunity of the enemy (if present which shouldn't matter anyway since you'll be doing physical damage anyway) and lower their defenses?

4) The Act 2 Hireling on Hell difficulty should give you blessed aim if offensive and defiance if defensive correct? If they do, then why is my hireling giving neither bonuses (Note just tested that poison maelstrom does get an AR bonus from blessed aim, so please don't tell me it isn't possible)

5) If blessed aim boosts maelstrom's AR then it shouldn't be a bad idea to use a bonus AR enchantment on a pair of gloves for the poison necromancer (its not like there are much more options left to you)?

6) Enchantments should work on runewords right (haven't tried it myself though I can't see why they wouldn't)?
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-20-2016 at 01:46 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Conviction and The Lower Resist curse work against enemy poison resists in Annihilus.

Gold

I know lower resists does. I just wanted to make sure about conviction.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

1. It does lower poison resistances on anni.

2. You can stack auras to level 55. So if you have a tf with level 30, neph with lvl 15, and a cor monarch at lvl 10, that would give you max damage.

On the flip side, if you do 30+15+15, your aura will only be lvl 45 because going over disables the last item

3. I wiuld feel the facets would work, but we dont know at what point the damage calculations convert it to physical. In my experience, converting fire bolt drastically lowers the damage.

3a. They wouldn't apply. It would work like a druids tornado.

3b. Defense and a lower fire resistance wouldn't matter because the spell would be auto hit like druids tornado, and it doesnt do fire damage.

4+5. Maelstrom uses ar, but it seems to poison regardless if it "hits" or not. Being ranged, cb is half as effective as melee. If you really want to focus on cb instead of poison damage, get ar. Though you're damahe will suffer.

6. It should work.

Gold

@soulkush

Thanks for the input.

Also just noticed that Druid spirits don't stack.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-20-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Gold

7) Murder of Crows does physical damage correct?

8) Do the following modifiers on your equipment effect murder of crows:

a) life steal (or life per hit),
    b) deadly strike,
    c) crushing blow, etc. (I think you get the picture at this point)

9) Recommended weapon to use for a summoning Druid aside from Aldur's Rhythm or Insanity/Caster version.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-22-2016 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    7) Murder of Crows does physical damage correct?

8) Do the following modifiers on your equipment effect murder of crows:

a) life steal (or life per hit),
    b) deadly strike,
    c) crushing blow, etc. (I think you get the picture at this point)

9) Recommended weapon to use for a summoning Druid aside from Aldur's Rhythm or Insanity/Caster version.
    Alrighty, I am going to answer this again, I have posted this several times but people keep asking it.

Just because a spell does physical damage does NOT mean it is affected by things that apply on hit, this literally means everything you mentioned. Life steal, LPH, DS, CB, OW etc. Skills will ONLY apply these on-hit affects if the skill's damage scales from your weapon's damage, such as Shuriken Flip, Blade Shield, Shield Throw, etc. Murder of Crows has nothing to do with weapon damage, so it will not apply any of those.

Gold

@Game

Ok. If in the future, I'll make a long list of questions and answers, then I'll be sure to list this in there for future references.

FYI, I only wanted to ask the above because I wasn't sure what would make the most sense to socket a Summoning Druid's weapon other than perhaps some kind of +1 to all skills jewels.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 05-28-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Gold

10) This will likely be a very long post when fully edited, so I'll get right to it. So as some of you are aware, there are a number of unique and set items (will ignore rare ones for now as that would be too much to calculate as you'll see in a moment), with modifiers such as say deadly strike based on vitality (e.g. Mark of the Dragon slayer jewel). My question or rather request to you all is if you can help me identify the formulas/ratios going on in these items for people to know beforehand. So far I have found the following results:

For jewels
    1) the Mark of the Dragon Slayer => Around every 16 to vitality gives 1 to Deadly Strike

For rings
    1) Physical Madness => Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality gives 1% to Crushing Blow
    2) Caster Madness => Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality gives 1% to Faster Hit Recovery
    3) Physical Nightmare =>
    4) Caster Nightmare =>Around every 16 (16 2/3) to vitality to vitality gives 1% to Faster Run/Walk

For amulets
    1) Physical Horror =>
    2) Caster Horror => Around every 16 to vitality gives 1% to Faster Cast Rate

For Weapons
    1) Frostfire => every 8 points to dexterity gives 1% to extra fire and cold damage
    2) Acid Injector => over every 5 points (around 5.4) to dexterity gives 1% to Faster Run/Walk
    3) Physical Insanity => over every 5 points (around 5.3) to strength gives 1% to Increased Attack Speed.

For Helmet
    1) The Shrieking Lich => around every (60 to 65)% to Faster Cast Rate gives +1 to all skills
    2) The Cow Queen Horns => every 1.86% (or almost 2%) to magic find gives 1 extra point to vitality
    3) The Crown of the High Heavens => around every 16 (16.3) points to vitality gives 1% to Faster Hit Recovery

For Armor
    1) The Cow Queen Hide => every 15% to magic find gives 1% to Faster Cast Rate

For gloves
    1) Hysteria => for every 4% of Increased Attack Speed you have, the gloves gives 1% life steal

For boots
    1) Thread of Valusia => around every 5 to 6 points to strength gives 1% to Deadly Strike
    2) The Cow Queen Boots =>every 15% to magic find gives 1% to dexterity

Notes
    1) I understand that the next patch may change the above results.
    2) I will ignore for now including items that gives stats based on character levels.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 06-09-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

cow shako mf/vita is exactly 2:1 btw.

User Tag List