Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hit a wall

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Sadpancakez

Hit a wall

so in my recent play ive hit a sort of wall of progression and i dont know how to get over it, it seems like i need to get good gear to farm for good gear, idk what to do currently playing orb sorc but taking any and all suggestions

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Where is your wall? Normal content should be no problem at all, or? As orb sorc im pretty sure you will have a hard time to get into endgame content... She is not as tanky as other classes, has no pets and the singletarget isnt the best too.
    If you want to stay orb sorc anyways, i think its your best bet to make hellcows with as many mules as you can handle in. Then there should drop a good amount of highrunes, that will get you rich enough to buy tals set + decent merc gear. Id suggest to go act 5 merc as he is the most tankiest and then go inferno or so.

If you want to maybe try something else, and want suggestions to whats good for a start, then i would say summoner druid/werebear. Or one of the other recomendations that are in the character and guides forum.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

make a shield throw barb for mfing, and you are instantly over the wall man

I use najs staff on switch on my baba for teleport , have to repair very often but worth it.

Gold

A summoner druid can transition into nado druid, which is prolly the most average powerful class atm. But there are plently of endgame viable specs now. Especially with the sorcresses enchantskill, every elemental spec gets a huge boost.

Gold

I just dont have the items or the gear to switch to and more endgame item build my sorc has all tal's and is wearing a spirit shield but the oonly thing i can really do is hell cows sooooo like idk what to do
    Last edited by Sadpancakez; 07-12-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Gold

a shieldthrow barb or summoner druid are pretty cheap. All you need is their set and fill the rest of the slots with rares you find. This pieces can be found in hellcows.

Or farm for highrunes and buy the pieces. Sorcs are pretty much the worst class atm to transition into endgame, if you ask me...

Gold

Could you help me out and maybe give me a basic sheild throw barb build

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Shield throw barb:
    20 points in Mace Mastery
    20 points in Shield Throw
    20 points in Shout and Battle Orders
    1 point in Battle Command
    1 point in all of the other passive masteries
    1 point in leap and find item

Gear:
    IK set
    Storm Shield or Madusa's Gaze(or whatever suits your fancy)
    2x BK rings
    Highlord's Wrath or Mara's or some other GG ammy

Get your shouts up and kill everything

Edit: I like to use Warshrike in my weapon swap to pre-buff with Burst of Speed. This is a nice buff that adds attack speed and run speed. The Fade skill that casts when struck from the IK chest will cancel out Burst of Speed however. Depending on what you're doing this can be good or annoying. When face tanking Azetoth or the Cow Queen, Fade will reduce the time that you spend morphed, which is nice If you are farming act 5 portals and you don't want to be struck, just kite all of the mobs together and then leap to another platform then kill them from range. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 07-12-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

That build can solo Dreamlands(sans Mappo), R'yleh and Inferno Cows, all three of the act 5 portals(the new act 5 inferno area requires a different class), and Plaguelands. Finding gear for other classes and builds will be a breeze. I rarely stick with just one class or build when tackling content like the Liche King. If you want to solo everything, that's just the name of the game Remember to use find item where you can. I've found all of my Key to the Court of Justice, Cthogga puzzle boxes, and trag marks using find item on the monster's courpses in Plagueland. Stitches can drop extra divine gems that way as well.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 07-12-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Gold

Thanks to all for the help really appreciate it!

User Tag List