Thread: Struggling Some. In need of your knowledge!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Well, if you want to solo as a Druid, I would recommend playing a Melee bear build. Werebear now gets physical pierce and the new shockwave stuns enemies. With basic gear you can take down phys immune and just about every other type of monster. Couple that with the ability to have every summons available running at the same time and you can easily farm act 5 pit solo. I did it in HC until I got bored of the grind but not before I had tons of extra gear.

Another very important part of any melee build would be to use Amp Damage curse. Amp damage can break physical immunities in most cases. There are several items that have a chance to cast amp damage on striking including the IK weapon, Death Cleaver, set spired helm, the mace from the same set, and saracen's chance amulet. Combine that with high crushing blow and smite can kill any phys immune inferno mob or boss excluding Mappo and a couple others. Eventually with enough -phys immunity gear you can switch to just running life tap and it'll be smooth sailing. For those unpiercable phys immunities there is the poison Smiter build. There is a guide in the character section of the forum that covers that.

I completely understand your desire to solo the game and I assure you that it is possible with Druid and even the Paladin. The pally will have a tougher time but it is very doable.

Edit: I just re-read your post and saw that I missed the part where you didn't like the idea of having to run a bear form build. I get it. There are a few build that I wish were more versatile. Believe me, there are a few versatile builds, but unfortunately I don't think a crow Druid is going to be the balanced solo build that you want it to be. I tried it and was very underwhelmed. Someone might have suggestions about some uber gear that'll make it more powerful but something tells me that you won't have access to that gear without trading and you've said that you prefer to be self found. There are several strong builds to choose from that are perfect for soloing. You will have to be willing to play them though even though they seem like the flavor of the month.
    Last edited by LordManhammer; 07-17-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Thor

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    Well, if you want to solo as a Druid, I would recommend playing a Melee bear build. Werebear now gets physical pierce and the new shockwave stuns enemies. With basic gear you can take down phys immune and just about every other type of monster. Couple that with the ability to have every summons available running at the same time and you can easily farm act 5 pit solo. I did it in HC until I got bored of the grind but not before I had tons of extra gear.

Another very important part of any melee build would be to use Amp Damage curse. Amp damage can break physical immunities in most cases. There are several items that have a chance to cast amp damage on striking including the IK weapon, Death Cleaver, set spired helm, the mace from the same set, and saracen's chance amulet. Combine that with high crushing blow and smite can kill any phys immune inferno mob or boss excluding Mappo and a couple others. Eventually with enough -phys immunity gear you can switch to just running life tap and it'll be smooth sailing. For those unpiercable phys immunities there is the poison Smiter build. There is a guide in the character section of the forum that covers that.

I completely understand your desire to solo the game and I assure you that it is possible with Druid and even the Paladin. The pally will have a tougher time but it is very doable.

Edit: I just re-read your post and saw that I missed the part where you didn't like the idea of having to run a bear form build. I get it. There are a few build that I wish were more versatile. Believe me, there are a few versatile builds, but unfortunately I don't think a crow Druid is going to be the balanced solo build that you want it to be. I tried it and was very underwhelmed. Someone might have suggestions about some uber gear that'll make it more powerful but something tells me that you won't have access to that gear without trading and you've said that you prefer to be self found. There are several strong builds to choose from that are perfect for soloing. You will have to be willing to play them though even though they seem like the flavor of the month.
    I had no idea any of that would be effective. Thanks a lot for your time Man! You're great

User Tag List