Thread: Mercenary suggestion

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Mercenary suggestion

Hello I'm new here and I'm in love with the server so far, but I have a suggestion that I think would be epic that isn't implemented yet

Maybe it's been brought up in the past, but here it goes

I'd like to see more equipment options for Mercenary's like rings/neck/gloves/boots, I think it would make progression a bit cooler, and considering how difficult the PvE is here it would be especially helpful if we could be a bit more Tanky with our merc/skill combos

Let me know what you think

Regards,

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

In the past this kind of suggestion has been scoffed at because "it would make them too powerful" but it's got to the point where, in most situations, having a full gear set up is necessary for keeping the mercs alive. No one relies on them for damage. They are just walking aura totems. An improved AI would be nice too. At least when it comes to the merc's tendency to wander off and get stuck behind a rock somewhere

Gold

Removing the act 5 merc's Shout skill needs to be done as well. It always replaces the existing shout that you have active from your BO pre-buff which is really annoying

Gold

Yeah I've seen Merc issues with AI just standing around or sitting behind a wall so I need to move further away for them to respawn beside me.

On this server there is a huge amount of overpowered content, let alone the 64 player cap allowing for new difficulty, so I think Mercs should get a boost by adding more gear slots, even just a few and not all 5 slots I suggested here.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: yrreiht

act 5 merc should be able to wear all type of wpm axe,mace,sword,maybe even polearm and should be able to wear two one-handed wpn at the same time

Gold

It would be amazing if he could dual wield the BK swords

Sorry guys, we're not going to add full gear mercs. There's several reasons for it, a big one being it would mess up a lot of code we already have, such as the infernal chests. Also, we'd have to wipe all characters again, people got pretty mad when they didn't go non-ladder this time around.

Gold

Oh you couldn't add extra mercenary gear without wiping characters?

I guess that settles the idea then...

User Tag List