Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The High runes (Hrs) market

Gold
    Annihilus Account: bgtomsk

Quote Originally Posted by Addah View Post
    Oh I thought we're talking about the value of high runes as it relates to trading and the server economy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brimstonejack View Post
    Not to mention that for high level items, people are asking only for gold. Even for items that can be farmed with basic set items. I understand that the server needs to make money, but really? I enjoy this server, and would love to keep on playing. But the market is fucked by not allowing people to transfer gold they earned from voting to make purchases. Spending cash for even basic items = People like me never being able to use the end-game content that brought me here.
    not a single topic was raised here
    as u said
    Look before you leap

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

Quote Originally Posted by bgtomsk View Post
    not a single topic was raised here
    as u said
    Basically his idea is the market would be fixed if everyone could trade gold currency as opposed to simply trading the items you buy with gold, which doesn't seem realistic to me.
    Not to mention that for high level items, people are asking only for gold. Even for items that can be farmed with basic set items. But the market is fucked by not allowing people to transfer gold they earned from voting to make purchases.
    Game's reply that sums up the reason it won't happen, therefore it's a bad idea to implement
    Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    The total difference is, when Gold starts to accumulate on the same account it's a lot easier to spot. If they are instantly moving the 60-120 Gold often it's much harder to see, and is way less obvious. We don't have the manpower to actively monitor this. It is just WAY too easy to hide IP addresses nowadays, it is completely unreliable method
    If he's talking about set items like M'avina or Immortal king, I cover this in my first post. If he means items like Constricting Ring or crafted items then I should of explained 1 Key of the Old Ones = 1 High Rune, which is what most people want when asking for gold.
    Spending cash for even basic items = People like me never being able to use the end-game content that brought me here.

Gold has almost nothing to do with why the High Rune market is going downhill.
    I said this because literally 0 people buy runes with gold, unless the ladder freshly resets like Brimestonejack pointed out.

My approach to the high rune economy is related directly to what you do with and how you obtain: High Runes. Gold plays practically no role in this because I know on average 250 gold, meanwhile Ber rune costs 800 gold at Hadriel.
    Last edited by Addah; 10-02-2016 at 02:46 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Scorchz

How about we just make Ohm+ an Hr lol , no more Ber+ , i'm sure alot of people would agree espicialy new player , The gold market is alright atm , imo you want to buy gold , thats find , i would even remove to Vote thing , and make gold even more valuable ! Decress the rune price obviously at hadriel

Gold

Even better , since paying 20 to 100 $ for an item ( considering in d2 LoD online shop items could be 050¢ to 1.99$ ) lets remove vote gold , decrease item price from vendor and trade exemple soj worth atm 1500g maybe decrease it to 300g , that will make gold so much valuable !

Gold

Cause it's abit crazy to pay 30 bucks lol for 1 item , i could order a full geared char for that

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Brimstonejack

Quote Originally Posted by Scorchz View Post
    Cause it's abit crazy to pay 30 bucks lol for 1 item , i could order a full geared char for that
    I like Scorchz' idea. Remove vote gold, or maybe make it a separate currency that can still buy things like tokens and keys. Bought gold can be transferable at that point.

The issue is you guys are just focusing on one piece of the puzzle. You realize if we took away voting Gold, nobody would vote, and we'd fall from #1 on those voting websites? Do you know how many people are here because of those websites? The market would die even more because we'd have single digit players. I have no plans to overhaul the Gold system anytime soon because of the massive effect it could potentially have on the market, sorry guys.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    The issue is you guys are just focusing on one piece of the puzzle. You realize if we took away voting Gold, nobody would vote, and we'd fall from #1 on those voting websites? Do you know how many people are here because of those websites? The market would die even more because we'd have single digit players. I have no plans to overhaul the Gold system anytime soon because of the massive effect it could potentially have on the market, sorry guys.
    Didn't forget that point. It's why i suggested having it as a separate currency.

Didn't forget that point. It's why i suggested having it as a separate currency.
    I am sure votes would still be cut by atleast half, also who in the world is going to re-code all of Diablo 2 to make 2 types of Gold currencies? I hardly have time to get out a somewhat smaller than usual patch, no way I can find time to do that just for something that is just a bandaid :/

Gold

Perhaps vote currency could stored and used for things via the website. You can obviously generate custom items, maybe make some voter exclusive items, slightly less powerful than the top-tier items you'd expect people to use gold for?

User Tag List