Thread: Physical Immune vs Summoner Necro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: nedamettin

Physical Immune vs Summoner Necro

I have tested summoner necromancer for a while now and I can say they are much better than how they used to be. They still have a few issues though.

As everyone knows most classes can pierce through immunities of an enemy by stacked resistance pierce affixes on gear, with horadric jewels or gear itself. Summoner necromancers are lacking on this department.

I know that each skental power grants physical pierce to archers but it is never enough even with Ssha's primordial fang which also gives physical pierce. With level 60+ summons and lich with +18 skental power Diablo's rebirth amulet and amplify damage, I am literally staring at most of the physical immune mobs.

There are ways to play around immunes like using an end-game weapon's ctc procs to kill a mob but in some cases if there are multiple immunities on a mob, you are doomed. I got stuck on level 12 Crucible each time because neither my summons nor procs from El'Druin/Frostmourne/Thunderfury/Plaguebringer couldn't kill the mobs there within the time limit. I am not even considering the effort and odds to obtain these end-game weapons. A new player would have to quit the game if he/she runs into a physical immune pack. Of course Crucible is an example since there are many places with mobs which has multiple immunities for elements.

My solution to this was quite simple: Lowering quantity of skeleton archers to 3. Skeleton archers now cast one of these: Freezing Arrows, Exploding Arrows and Multiple Arrows. Each archer summoned will have elemental pierce relative to their skills. This would solve the problem altogether. Since a necromancer can't use any other offensive spells than Summoning/Curse tree and corpse explosion, it'd be fair.

Another issue is that there aren't enough good low-cost armors and weapons to synergize with new summoning skills. Skental Burst skill is all about ctc procs of a weapon and only good ctc procs that can kill mobs are on very rare swords. There would be more ctc proc affix weapons with lower costs for not only summoners but for all melee characters aswell. Armor-wise I am still using Tyrael's Might. Even though I can't corpse explosion, it is too good to give up. Necromancers can use an armor with Fanaticism Aura on equip and STR+ with low STR req on armor to sack all points into vita. Also there aren't any good gloves for summoners. I am using Purifying Flames to get a few more points by obtaining Lower Resist directly from gloves. A Might Aura on equip gloves maybe with procs would be great.

Also in end-game areas skeletons/revives still die randomly. For this problem there would be an easy solution aswell. A teleport without teleportation, just to gather the minions to a location would be great. Skill can be obtained with Lich Form like Skental Burst called "Unholy Summoning" which gathers all troops to the target area. That would make glitchy summon deaths gone.

In case if someone thinks these changes would make summon necromancers "broken", I am able to run new Diablo boss in 45-50 seconds with my smiter. You need three times more just to get your summons and revives with necromancer and they can't even kill him. Summoner is BETTER but not as GOOD as other builds you can easily play.

Thanks for reading.

A Side Note: "Prevent Monster Heal" affix doesn't work with Skental Burst which is also a huge problem.
    Last edited by nedamettin; 10-24-2016 at 12:24 AM.

User Tag List