Thread: Client Crashing When Connecting

Gold
    Annihilus Account: aexious

Question Client Crashing When Connecting

Hey guys,

Wouldn't post if I could fix it myself but I am getting an error every time I attempt to connect to the server. D2 loads up just fine now (I did have a previous error where it crashed instantly), but still can't get on the actual server.

I have included a gif below to show my issues:

I have followed the guide below exactly to try to resolve my issue. I have also started with a fresh D2 install folder, but still get this error. Perhaps it's the registry? I haven't tried to clean that up yet but can once I get a chance to..

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=7104

Thanks for any advice!

Edit:

I am running Windows 10 if that helps. Can also load single player games just fine. This all worked perfectly fine this morning, not sure what occurred to break it..
    Last edited by Aexious; 11-06-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

This may sound stupid, but did you try and restart your computer? Not shutdown, restart.

That error is commonly fixed with a restart. Let me know.

Gold

Gets even funnier, I had already rebooted 2 times. Decided to give it another go and got this now xD. Going to try another reboots, it's almost like the lottery. Never know what you're going to get .

Administrator
    Gold

Where is your Annihilus folder located?

Gold

Program Files (x86)/Diablo II

Edit:

Managed to get it going. Just had to completely remove it, reboot, copy D2 folder update/install, add back to DEP, reboot, and bam. Works like a champ.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Aexious; 11-06-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Administrator
    Gold

Well, it should be renamed to Annihilus, but that might not do anything to help here.

Go into your annihilus folder and right click Diablo II.exe, create a shortcut to your desktop. If you want windowed mode right click the shortcut, go to properties, and add -w at the very end of the target line AFTER the ". It should look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Annihilus\Diablo II.exe" -w

After that, right click on the shortcut on your desktop and hit run as administrator. Let me know if that lets you log on.

Glad you got it working. If you run into that error again and re-installing doesn't help then try my suggestion above.

User Tag List