Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melee Assassin - need input!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Melee Assassin - need input!

Hey fam,

i wanted to ask if there are people out there, playing a melee assassin? Or at least were there attempts to try it?

I know, assassin per se is pretty weak and probably way more overwhelming if shes played as trap with meetshields and as a glasscannon.
    But nontheless i was thinking really hard all the time how you could actually get her to work. And i dont think of a melee assassin as a one-button-kicker... Thats boring lol.

I was thinking about the real martial arts system, with loading up 2-3 charges and letting them out with a finisher.

Im just curious what weapons/gears you could use for that. If you take one of these overpowered swords (tf/fm/fh) you cant make use of your charger skills. And if you use claws, you wont get the elemental damage to anywhere near useable. Or am i wrong? Im pretty sure it would work if you switch from claw/claw to tf/shield to charge with claws and unleash a huge amount of damage with tf/shield slot but that seems to clunky and surely its not fun at all.

@Game maybe you can help me there a little? You must have had a idea of how you want us to play the martial arts tree. And when you tested it, what was your setup? I feel like im too blind to see any viable option here.

Also there is the thing that i only see one "finisher" in the whole skill tree - Dragon claw. My charges wont unleash with the flurry kick. I havent tested "Ambush" or "Dragon strike" yet, but they are also not classified as finishers...

i hope i get some inputs. I dont need exact gears or something. Just a few ideas what you guys think.

thanks so far

~Lucid

I have a few ideas in mind, but it is up to you guys to figure out what works best The potential is definitely there, while the elemental damage can be strong I recommend not focusing solely on it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    ww sin with chaos +the new claw is pretty strong. Jack of all trades buffs all the +elemental damage on the new claw by a ton.
    I wanna know the exact ww sin build, please

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    New claw? Is it in the wiki yet? I have seen only tricksters and firelizards there.

and thx rrra for the ww sin input. But like i said, i wanted to try a martial arts sin like it was meant to be played. Not focussing on a single skill like ww or kick. I wanted to try to make a working base of a martial arts sin, that really has this "dps rotation".

I dont see a way yet. Maybe this comes with skill and gearscaling
    WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    WW and kick have always been the best melee builds for sin mostly because of the hits per second. The ww sin works nicely, lots of hit power. Ive wondered how a tfury kicksin would do with a corrupted stornsheld and nephalem. Use blade shield or shurikens for venom...
    Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? @Game is this intended?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Jack of all trades does not seem to work on holy shock. At least it doesn't show up in the sheet dps for me? @Game is this intended?
    http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=11324

is it for kick or ww?
    Last edited by Drlukifer; 11-25-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Gold

kick

It is definitely adding damage, the damage chart is often inaccurate unfortunately.

User Tag List