Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need poison necro advice and items!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Actually those wouldnt help you since the +skills on those don't increase the synergy bonus and therefore dont increase maelstrom damage. You're better off getting an anni with fire golem, (if you have true guise) golem mastery, clay golem, corpse explosion, or even lower resist to save skill points in the curses tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Blasto I probably have an extra storm circlet ammy
    +2 nec
    20 fcr
    18str
    50life
    50 mana
    23 all Res except for poison

You can have for free. Not sure if this is better than what you already have. If so, it's yours for free
    yeah thats better than what i got now :P and im gonna try and get like 2500 gold next week so if i cant somehow get me a set of carrion rings and an atmas ammy how much would they be? and how much do ya think a decent anni, torch and merc infiny run ya think? and whats a cons ring? tyvm for the build advice guys! ill pm you when i get home from dialysys :P

-Blasto

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Quote Originally Posted by rrra View Post
    Actually those wouldnt help you since the +skills on those don't increase the synergy bonus and therefore dont increase maelstrom damage. You're better off getting an anni with fire golem, (if you have true guise) golem mastery, clay golem, corpse explosion, or even lower resist to save skill points in the curses tree.
    I'd go with Lower Resist. If you are running a one point summons tree, one point curse tree, and fully synergized Poison Maelstrom you'll get more bang for your buck out of the increase to Lower Resist. Golems are very weak until you fully synergize and buff them with lots of points invested into masteries. The skellies are more useful at low levels now. When I fight Mappo with my PM Necro for example, my golem dies in one hit. The skellies last longer individualy and also have greater numbers making them my main meat shields.

Quote Originally Posted by LordManhammer View Post
    I'd go with Lower Resist. If you are running a one point summons tree, one point curse tree, and fully synergized Poison Maelstrom you'll get more bang for your buck out of the increase to Lower Resist. Golems are very weak until you fully synergize and buff them with lots of points invested into masteries. The skellies are more useful at low levels now. When I fight Mappo with my PM Necro for example, my golem dies in one hit. The skellies last longer individualy and also have greater numbers making them my main meat shields.
    Golems are much better in 4.2! All 4 of them

yarp, that was pretty much what i was doing so far ant enough str/dex for gear and max block rest to vit

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Golems are much better in 4.2! All 4 of them
    Oh absolutely but you really don't start to see the benefits of those improvements unless you build around them. Just from my own experience, the buffs to skellies at low levels make them better for a poison build accessory

Oh absolutely but you really don't start to see the benefits of those improvements unless you build around them. Just from my own experience, the buffs to skellies at low levels make them better for a poison build accessory
    4.2 isn't out yet Golems will be pretty strong without a full build around them in 4.2, but will be SUPER tanks if someone did build around them.

Gold

4.2 isn't out yet Golems will be pretty strong without a full build around them in 4.2, but will be SUPER tanks if someone did build around them.
    Seriously? Wow, Necros are already stupid strong(and I mean that In a good way). I was messing around with a single player Necro last week because my network adapter died. I challenged myself to see how far I could get wearing just the starter gear that you are equiped with at lvl 1. It started to slow down a bit beyond lvl 25 or so but I was still able to complete normal and keep on going into nightmare. I only gave up on the challenge because the part that i ordered to fix my computer had arrived. Keep in mind that I was doing this with /players 8 activated

Seriously? Wow, Necros are already stupid strong(and I mean that In a good way). I was messing around with a single player Necro last week because my network adapter died. I challenged myself to see how far I could get wearing just the starter gear that you are equiped with at lvl 1. It started to slow down a bit beyond lvl 25 or so but I was still able to complete normal and keep on going into nightmare. I only gave up on the challenge because the part that i ordered to fix my computer had arrived. Keep in mind that I was doing this with /players 8 activated
    Yeah they are quite good, but golems are very underwhelming, so I just wanted to atleast make them not get oneshotted!

Yeah they are quite good, but golems are very underwhelming, so I just wanted to atleast make them not get oneshotted!
    that's rad, with just 1 pt investment I'd like to see them at least be able to take a few hits. Hotta love them 1pt wonders

User Tag List