View Poll Results: Would you play Triple Triad? If so, would you spend Gold on it?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would play, and I would spend Gold on Card Packs.

5 45.45%
  • Yes I would play, but I would not spend any Gold on it.

2 18.18%
  • No I would not play.

1 9.09%
  • I don't know.

3 27.27%

Thread: Would you play / spend Gold on a forum game?

Would you play / spend Gold on a forum game?

Hey guys. Some of you may have been around our previous servers in the past, and know that I really enjoy the "Triple Triad" card game that is a mini game from Final Fantasy 8. A decent writeup of it and it's rules can be found here. It's easy to get started, but hard to master.

We've had this added in the past on previous websites such as D2PK, and while it was played a bit back then, it had some bugs and issues. I have been talking to Acyroma about it and we've been contemplating putting some work into it and bringing it back as a the main "mini game" here on Annihilus, just to have something more to do on the website and spend some extra Gold on. We are very curious how many would try it out and spend Gold on it though.

There would be a wide variety of packs you could buy for different cards, and we would add a lot of cards, especially Diablo based cards. There would be tournaments with Gold prizes, and also exclusive cards you could ONLY get from winning tournaments. There would also be card trading to other players, along with betting cards when challenging another player to a match, just like in the original game. All matches will have replays so you can go back and watch games of all players, and you can also view players collections to see how many total cards they have collected. We would back this pretty hard, it wouldn't be like your average game found in the Arcade.

So our question to you all, is would you play this? If so, would you spend Gold to buy card packs? Please vote on the poll so I can track it easier!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

Triple Triad is a great game, unlike Tetra Master from FF9.
    I think it would be a cool idea, not sure how much attention it would get but it's worth a try.
    You could even award/sell players their own card built with a picture of their in game D2 character.
    For example Lukifer made a post earlier showing his colored Barbarian with wings and such.
    It's a bummer that other players can't see it sometimes, but at least it could be shown off in card form.
    Only if that was possible of course, and if it would look good and fit in with what the rest of the card's look like.
    It's also quite easy to let someone distribute the points on their own card for each direction = up/down/left/right.
    Just give them a number like 20 and they could choose 5-up / 5-down / 5-right / 5-left or whatever they felt was best.
    Just an idea, I've made Triple Triad cards and played with my girlfriend and friends many times like this.
    It brings an even bigger mystery as to what your opponent could have and customization and strategy for yourself as well.
    Though I will mention, some of the triple triad rules I never really liked or understood, I abolished everything I hated. lol

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

Great idea! Triple triad was amazing, and hard to master. And if we are allowed to trade cards, it's another source of currency so we won't always have to rely on the 5 highest runes for an in game currency. I would rather spend money on cards I can trade if I get a lucky pack than deposit gold to someone else's account. More rng. More items. More luck. More game.
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

If its fun to play, id play and spent gold if we can win gold / something else?

User Tag List