Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Well just a few mins ago the active games in the server were 5 (3 of them named o items need gold) and this is a trend of several weeks), it will get even worst till the restart.
    So, two months before the restart it doesnt make any sense to play the game........
    also I wonder who the hell would pay money for gold to sell for items and after one or two months will lose items.

Quote Originally Posted by val View Post
    Well just a few mins ago the active games in the server were 5 (3 of them named o items need gold) and this is a trend of several weeks), it will get even worst till the restart.
    So, two months before the restart it doesnt make any sense to play the game........
    also I wonder who the hell would pay money for gold to sell for items and after one or two months will lose items.
    Just a heads up, ALL of those games are the same person. It's only natural people who will be playing ladder instead of non ladder try to sell things, this was also very common on vanilla d2 and d2jsp fg. It isn't a new concept, and nothing we do will change it. We will not be removing the Gold Vendor on ladder reset, we will be removing runes from it for a week or so but that is it. The Gold Vendor is convenient, sure, but you guys act like you can get all endgame stuff from it when that isn't even remotely true. The only endgame event tied to the gold vendor is the fragment bags, which if we have to we can remove as well.

The people recommending to remove the Gold Vendor completely, especially for several weeks, are being ridiculous. It is without a doubt obvious Gold purchases go up a bit right at a reset, which is great for the server. You're telling us to make it so NO Gold purchases will be made at a time that is best for the server. This server is not free, and the time I put into developing and working on it is DEFINITELY not free. You guys may not know this but I put in literally atleast, probably much more, 1000 hours of hard working time just into the patch work of Annihilus in the year 2016 alone. I have a family and a fulltime job, so the small spurt we get during a reset is a small compensation to me so I can convince my wife that it is worth doing this. I love this server and love to keep improving it for you guys, but you have to understand that soooo much more time goes into this than you think.

I would never make the Gold Vendor a massive advantage, or anything much more than a "convenience store", which is why almost all of the best items are found at place you can only get to simply by playing the game. People who purchase Gold should know they are doing it to support Annihilus itself along with me and the time I put into the game, and I've had some people message me and let me know they're buying Gold just to support me and the work I do. They may be a little less inclined to do if only effects were on the vendor though, as some people don't like using effects at all. You guys have to stop looking at the Gold Vendor as something that ruins the ladder (because it is far from it), and realize that it is there to justify the hard work that is put into this place.

I could definitely remove everything but effects from the Vendor, but if doing this greatly cut down Gold Purchases then I would have no choice but to not put nearly as much time into content, meaning we would very likely not even be on Patch 4.0 yet, and I think even more people would quit over lack of content / updates instead of feeling a little "behind" because of people's Gold Count. Annihilus has come a long way and we have a good thing going, Gold Purchases are up and yet does not really provide a huge advantage and does not provide anything you cannot get by just playing the game itself, so I have been able to get Annihilus to the point it is at now, and hopefully provide a pretty massive 5.0 update for the March reset. Please consider all possibilities before mindlessly saying to completely remove the Gold Vendor or change how Gold works, as so much more goes into Annihilus than meets the eye. Thanks to everyone who does purchase Gold to support me and my family while I continue to provide you with the best Diablo 2 experience possible.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

I really dont care about the advantage that the players will gain with the gold... the thing thats annoys me is the fact that 2 mounths before the reset the server stalls, nothing happens............noone is trading, its like a server plague...

P.S dont get me wrong i dont wanna hate or something like that, YOU by making the server bring me wondrefull memories...

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

+1 Alex
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

The point he is trying to make is this game is not centered around leveling. Which is what you are wanting to accomplish by doing a ladder reset. The game has evolved since d2 classic when it was basically a game to level up.

The ladder system, coupled with a low player base, coupled with the gold system, is retarded. I will continue to play the game rather a ladder reset happens or not. Ladders on vanilla d2 are just MF play grounds to wait to roll over your stuff to NL for them to sell. The actual playing of the game happens on NL, which is PVP, which is what this game is based around. The leveling and item finding is just so you can have a better character to PVP with.

The real ladder that is needed is a PVP ladder. Don't reset, it is killing the game. No one trades, everyone wants to sell items for gold, and there is very limited trading of gold for items currently.

The player base just does not support having a ladder revolved Around leveling. Don't just to copy what bnet does, because bnet is dumb, and that is why this is an overall better game than d2. Stick at what you are good at, making new content, to introduce new items, enhance the PVM experience, all in an effort to have more PVP viable builds rather than the traditional VT and hdin that vanilla d2 is littered with in pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    The point he is trying to make is this game is not centered around leveling. Which is what you are wanting to accomplish by doing a ladder reset. The game has evolved since d2 classic when it was basically a game to level up.

The ladder system, coupled with a low player base, coupled with the gold system, is retarded. I will continue to play the game rather a ladder reset happens or not. Ladders on vanilla d2 are just MF play grounds to wait to roll over your stuff to NL for them to sell. The actual playing of the game happens on NL, which is PVP, which is what this game is based around. The leveling and item finding is just so you can have a better character to PVP with.

The real ladder that is needed is a PVP ladder. Don't reset, it is killing the game. No one trades, everyone wants to sell items for gold, and there is very limited trading of gold for items currently.

The player base just does not support having a ladder revolved Around leveling. Don't just to copy what bnet does, because bnet is dumb, and that is why this is an overall better game than d2. Stick at what you are good at, making new content, to introduce new items, enhance the PVM experience, all in an effort to have more PVP viable builds rather than the traditional VT and hdin that vanilla d2 is littered with in pubs.
    The thing is, we've polled multiple times, and it shows the vast majority wants a reset, and even wanted them more often than we currently had them. I didn't just come up with ladder resets from nothing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: DrLukifer

I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about this and comparing it to vanilla d2 as if there wasn't a type of Bitcoin currency in the original.... You guys never use JSP? It's almost the same thing except you can't trade gold to someone to get the first Zod/tor/xer on the server. This is not a new concept. There are people with hundred thousands, maybe even millions of jsp forum gold that use it to not only get rich fast, but they also control the prices then... Not being able to trade gold is a big advantage over jsp, because people will want in game items in return for theirs good when ladder resets. Rather than waiting 2 weeks to afford a few hrs because the Bitcoin value is so high.
    Veni Vidi Vici - I came, I saw, I conquered

Gold
    Annihilus Account: perverse

Quote Originally Posted by Drlukifer View Post
    I don't get why people are so bent out of shape about this and comparing it to vanilla d2 as if there wasn't a type of Bitcoin currency in the original.... You guys never use JSP? It's almost the same thing except you can't trade gold to someone to get the first Zod/tor/xer on the server. This is not a new concept. There are people with hundred thousands, maybe even millions of jsp forum gold that use it to not only get rich fast, but they also control the prices then... Not being able to trade gold is a big advantage over jsp, because people will want in game items in return for theirs good when ladder resets. Rather than waiting 2 weeks to afford a few hrs because the Bitcoin value is so high.
    Well, one thing jsp has going for itself is the real-life trades. You can literally farm (bot) for high-lvl gear, trade it for fg, and then buy actual items (usually gift cards and shit) on jsp. It's like how d3 was at the beginning.

Still, I like annihilus's style better. Jsp prices after a couple of weeks on a new ladder just plummet down to almost nothing while on here the end-game content keeps most of its value.

Btw, when is the next reset?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

+1 Luki...Not to mention the item shops...
    Im pretty sure when the ladder resets, our population will be doubled if not trippled

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Next reset is in march.

User Tag List