Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Whats with that gold hype!?!?!

For some time I notice that trading in the server is done solely on the principle of gold for items. Аnd the logical question that I ask myself is: why you need all this gold? Is it connected with the near future reset or something else........ Аt first I thought it is a way to raise money to maintain the server (witch is good!), but over time more and more players recognize gold as the universal currency in the server (witch in my opinion is bad and ruin the experiance a lot) So whats your thoughts on that one?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Like you said, future reset. Ladders been out a while, 90% of people have everything they need... So they have no reason to trade for items which will eventually be worthless on reset. So they trade for gold to prepare for next reset.

It's a double-edged blade, on one hand a lot of these people would prob stop playing if they couldn't farm for gold as they would have no reason to do it which would greatly reduce the existing community. On the other hand it kinda destroys the spirit of the ladder, as certain people will have a massive head start killing the notion of a "fresh start".

Gold
    Annihilus Account: gunga

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    Like you said, future reset. Ladders been out a while, 90% of people have everything they need... So they have no reason to trade for items which will eventually be worthless on reset. So they trade for gold to prepare for next reset.

It's a double-edged blade, on one hand a lot of these people would prob stop playing if they couldn't farm for gold as they would have no reason to do it which would greatly reduce the existing community. On the other hand it kinda destroys the spirit of the ladder, as certain people will have a massive head start killing the notion of a "fresh start".
    So you are telling me that after the reset they will keep their gold??!!?? If so, thats not a briliant idea. So i`ll just sell all my gear for gold and wait for the reset...... I dont know why have to play now, since the stuff that i want are sold only for gold.... We need a change in that one, cuz if we keep that situation for some people the reset isnt going to be a true fresh start.....

P.S Not only that gold is a universal currency, it will become THE ONLY ONE!
    Last edited by val; 01-04-2017 at 05:26 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

pay2win boyz need gold

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

Gold wont be away after reset. Imagine the ppl get told that all their spent real money is deleted at the start of a ladder. Then we have like 1-2 months of an active ladder until every item is as worthless as a el rune. Then everybody stops playing and noone ever will trade for gold that is erased one day.

= no more money for the admins = no more reason to run a server with consistent updates.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: RevanDarth

In my opinion, gold should be disabled for at least 1-2 weeks after the reset, everybody should have a fair chance at start.

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

Quote Originally Posted by RevanDarth View Post
    In my opinion, gold should be disabled for at least 1-2 weeks after the reset, everybody should have a fair chance at start.
    We did remove some things from the vendor for a week at the beginning of last reset, we will most likely be doing the same, for that exact reason.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

Quote Originally Posted by acyroma View Post
    We did remove some things from the vendor for a week at the beginning of last reset, we will most likely be doing the same, for that exact reason.
    remove for at least 2 months, 1-2 weeks is nothing

Gold
    Annihilus Account: WDZepplin2

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    remove for at least 2 months, 1-2 weeks is nothing
    Then you wouldn't be allowed to spend gold for half the ladder.

That would require the reset to occur only once a year if this were to happen.

I'm not a fan of the current gold system either as it ''makes people quit'' within 1-2 months of the ladder and just wait 4-5 months for the reset to happen before coming back or investing much of their time

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Ukon

Quote Originally Posted by wdzepplin View Post
    Then you wouldn't be allowed to spend gold for half the ladder.

That would require the reset to occur only once a year if this were to happen.

I'm not a fan of the current gold system either as it ''makes people quit'' within 1-2 months of the ladder and just wait 4-5 months for the reset to happen before coming back or investing much of their time
    Again, it's not the gold system. The ladder system is the problem.

User Tag List