Thread: GOLD VENDOR FIRST WEEK DISCUSSION THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Addah

*takes a deep breath and sips some coffee*

- Gold is the progress you save when playing months before ladder reset, apparently most of the top Gold players have hardly donated, instead they earned it, so by definition that is not pay to win.

- Although this goes against the spirit of resetting the ladder, I understand it is necessary to keep players engaged, focused on the next ladder, participate in events, and make money and votes for the server

- The items sold by Hadriel is the real question, not the concept of Gold itself, people think it won't be competitive after the 1st week of ladder when the items are added back, and I don't believe that to be true

- Drop rates are not a real problem, only an imagined one, because we are all playing with the same rates. The difference in opinion comes from arguing over how long it should take you to be fully geared.

- Game has said in another thread, and I agree, that the best way to progress is playing all the time, and spending gold is slower progress by comparison, but with the exception of Chests/Keys, which is buying end-game items and I'll cover this next.

- Personally I think 1 week with no Hadriel vendor at all, then add the RNG items like chests/keys/organ/frag bags, then 1 week after that add the Runes back

- It will help the nostalgia for advanced players to have 0 help from gold at the start, then starting with RNG items, and Runes after that, making sure everyone is on equal terms during the early grind-fest period. Adding Chests/Bags back after 1 week and Runes back after 2 weeks is not unreasonable, because by then the trade economy will be getting more serious and Runes will serve a minimal purpose for the first week.
    Last edited by Addah; 01-10-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Savior

I think everyone is just overthinking this and worried over nothing.
    Last ladder I started with barely any gold at all and as everyone can see now, I have more than "barely any".
    And most of my gold is from selling all my items from this current ladder, which everyone has a chance to do.
    I have not spent 1 cent of my own money to purchase any of the gold I have now.
    And for the last few months I haven't spent any of my gold on anything just to save up for next ladder.
    And I don't intend to waste it on infernal chests when I could use it much more wisely later on.
    Also 10,000 of my gold is from voting which everyone has the ability to do, so everyone has the same chances.
    The people complaining that everyone with a lot of gold will have an advantage shouldn't have spent all their gold.
    Or if they were smart they would've sold all of their gear for gold just like I and many others have done.
    Also as long as voting is an option, no one has a bigger advantage than anyone else, we all get gold somehow.
    I could go on more about this but I have places to be, everyone just stop worrying and get back to having fun!

User Tag List