Thread: Berserk feels a little underwhelming?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

Berserk feels a little underwhelming?

I was looking forward to moving into this ability from war cry, expecting it to out perform cry on ST due to it being well.. Single target.

I got basically a fully kitted out character, 2x khalims rage.. -230% enemy magic resist, max IAS Breakpoint, lv 64 berserk. So naturally I was expecting to wreck and the damage output was really quite low... I'm not sure if there's any plans to tweak this ability because in it's current state I really can't see any reason to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I was looking forward to moving into this ability from war cry, expecting it to out perform cry on ST due to it being well.. Single target.

I got basically a fully kitted out character, 2x khalims rage.. -230% enemy magic resist, max IAS Breakpoint, lv 64 berserk. So naturally I was expecting to wreck and the damage output was really quite low... I'm not sure if there's any plans to tweak this ability because in it's current state I really can't see any reason to use it.
    Berserk may be hitting damage cap as well with the magic portion of the damage, only applying the 1% physical along with other CTCs. We're looking into it!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Berserk may be hitting damage cap as well with the magic portion of the damage, only applying the 1% physical along with other CTCs. We're looking into it!
    I don't think this is the case, as with WC when u hit the damage cap you actually get -xx damage in your stats and do no damage.

Berserk didn't do this, it had something like (I can't 100% remember this) 12k - 72k dmg and still dealt damage to enemies (more than it would, if it were only the 1%), it was just underwhelming.

I don't think this is the case, as with WC when u hit the damage cap you actually get -xx damage in your stats and do no damage.

Berserk didn't do this, it had something like (I can't 100% remember this) 12k - 72k dmg and still dealt damage to enemies (more than it would, if it were only the 1%), it was just underwhelming.
    Character sheet lies, I am almost certain you were breaking damage cap!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Character sheet lies, I am almost certain you were breaking damage cap!
    Hmm fair enough, so is the cap to do with magic damage meaning that effectively until this is fixed (and I understand it's hardcoded and thus not simple) zerk will just be not viable as at best it'll only be able to hit as hard as cry does?

I guess with the natures fix my dmg will be down a little.. I think I can make a cry build work without pushing past 87k .

Hmm fair enough, so is the cap to do with magic damage meaning that effectively until this is fixed (and I understand it's hardcoded and thus not simple) zerk will just be not viable as at best it'll only be able to hit as hard as cry does?

I guess with the natures fix my dmg will be down a little.. I think I can make a cry build work without pushing past 87k .
    Yes unfortunately I don't think berserk can be built around as the primary skill, but it works quite nice as a secondary vs physical immunes!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: diablor

Is their anyway you could give berserk a bleeding effect? I mean you can only hit like 3 times/second with berserk with max attack speed. So if it had a bleed effect, you could potentially spread the damage out over 7 frames or so and avoid breaking the cap. Perhaps make it like old venom where it does its damage over 1/3 of a second.

User Tag List