View Poll Results: Should Pbox type items be given out as a prize on events?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

6 31.58%

Thread: New Event Prizes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bloop3

Well I've only really participated in ironmans and im a relatively new player but heres my thoughts:

In ironmans basically one clan will team up and eliminate the competition, effectively securing most, or all, of the rewards for their clan. This isnt unfair by any means. they are putting in team work and a few of them have actual skill so kudos to them. The problem is it doesnt encourage other people to participate in the events.

You can make the argument "other players can make friends and team up against them too" which is 100% correct. But in reality it isnt happening. I mean people could just get along with each other and not go to war with each other, but it doesnt happen in reality.

So for an average player who isnt particularly amazing at d2 who really doesnt have a high chance to win an event they would be better off just farming for 45 mins where they actually have a chance to succeed.

Im fairly skilled at d2 and I dont find it really worth my time either to participate in events even if i had a chance to win them.

Even if you increase the rewards for winning it doesnt make me want to participate more because in reality theres going to be 1-2 players just getting free marks every month and even if I do well in 1/10 events i could have just used that time to farm a mark myself. If anything it just makes a regular person more jealous that a few people get easy marks while the rest of us have to do 1000 diablo runs to drop one.

If you want to get people to get involved in events I think a better way to approach it is to ask yourself "what would make an average player actually want to participate even when they know they probably wont win."

If it was my choice I'd give everyone who participated in an event 150 gold, and the top 3 would get like 750/600/450 and I would have the gms encourage people to join the events more.

Alot of people dont even know how to sign up for an event and just getting a few messages saying "An event is scheduled for 8pm go sign up" doesnt really motivate them to get out of their comfort zones and figure out how to participate.

With all of that said I dont have a huge problem with you turning marks into an event reward, hell if you just want to go ahead and deposit free marks into clan locks clan bank go for it. I personally just want to see more people participate in the events.

Right now the few players who know they are going to get top 3 have a huge incentive to join every event while newer players have almost zero incentive to join.

This may have sounded like Im blaming all of this on clans teaming up but thats only really applicable to ironmans and isnt the fundamental problem either. Its more of a fact that In this small community there's only a couple skilled players so they are going to dominate every event you host. Its not unfair that people should be rewarded for having skill, its just probably not something an average person would want to experience all the time.

to be 100% honest, the skilled players in this game dont even need to be handed free marks, they have plenty of gear. it's the unskilled players that could use some help. you'd be better off giving people an incentive to teach other people how to play. Pay *tearz to teach mofos how to b arb or something :P
    Last edited by Bloop; 03-26-2017 at 06:25 PM.

User Tag List