Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New boss - bahamut. Just spams 1 spell, bug?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Fitsu

New boss - bahamut. Just spams 1 spell, bug?

So, let me start by saying I love all the work that's being done and I only complain because I enjoy playing this so much.

This new boss, bahamut.. I really like the mechanic of how it makes a noise to indicate a spell is coming to let u know to dodge, but this is overshadowed by the fact it just straight up spams this spell. It does nothing else, and this spell is a 1 shot. I'm max res, 10k life, 70 magic res, max phys res and this spell will kill me on 1 hit.

Which makes this a boss a simple case of "keep dying until u get lucky and he doesn't use that attack for a few seconds"... If this ability had some sort of cooldown, then it'd be a nice tactical fight of dodging when u hear the sound.. But instead your just repeatedly hitting a wall until it eventually falls over, and that's just not fun. I almost feel like it's meant to have a cooldown and it's bugged? Not sure...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

try to telestomp him, he wont spam that spell so often then
    anyway that spell deals too high dmg in my eyes

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lampogriz View Post
    try to telestomp him, he wont spam that spell so often then
    anyway that spell deals too high dmg in my eyes
    I tried that, he still spammed it... But I will try it again, thanks.

Bahamut is meant to be the hardest boss, and anyone who knows Bahamut knows he just spams Mega Flare in Final Fantasy games It also does true damage, it cannot be mitigated, your best bet is to get him to an area that is easy to dodge it. Some classes may have more issues with this than others.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Bahamut is meant to be the hardest boss, and anyone who knows Bahamut knows he just spams Mega Flare in Final Fantasy games It also does true damage, it cannot be mitigated, your best bet is to get him to an area that is easy to dodge it. Some classes may have more issues with this than others.
    I suppose my issue with it is the definition of "hard". The notion of dodging it is fine, but the problem is there's no window between dodging it and attacking before another one comes... So that removes any tactic and effectively turns the fight into a "Hold LBM, die, rinse & repeat until it dies" and this is something a child could do... That's not hard, it's simply frustrating. From a difficulty standpoint I would argue hes ironically the easiest boss, because the others you do things to handle there mechanics but with this one you cannot handle his mechanics so you simply hold down LMB hope for the best.

As I say, it comes down to what people view difficult but to me if he had a I dunno a 1-2 second downtime between the attacks to give you an attack window he would infact be more difficult because this would add merit to actually dodging his attack (as you would then have a window to attack him) as apposed to just taking it to the face, doing as much damage as possible, reviving and leaping back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    I suppose my issue with it is the definition of "hard". The notion of dodging it is fine, but the problem is there's no window between dodging it and attacking before another one comes... So that removes any tactic and effectively turns the fight into a "Hold LBM, die, rinse & repeat until it dies" and this is something a child could do... That's not hard, it's simply frustrating. From a difficulty standpoint I would argue hes ironically the easiest boss, because the others you do things to handle there mechanics but with this one you cannot handle his mechanics so you simply hold down LMB hope for the best.

As I say, it comes down to what people view difficult but to me if he had a I dunno a 1-2 second downtime between the attacks to give you an attack window he would infact be more difficult because this would add merit to actually dodging his attack (as you would then have a window to attack him) as apposed to just taking it to the face, doing as much damage as possible, reviving and leaping back in.
    A lot of people are unaware of Diablo 2 mechanics when it comes to monster AI and what not, so they think I can just put a cooldown on a Boss's abilities, unfortunately it doesn't work like that, sorry

Gold

A lot of people are unaware of Diablo 2 mechanics when it comes to monster AI and what not, so they think I can just put a cooldown on a Boss's abilities, unfortunately it doesn't work like that, sorry
    Ah I see, I do apologies I shouldn't have assumed one could do such things.

Are there other work arounds, perhaps putting another couple of attacks on bosses so that they don't simply spam a 1 shot? Or perhaps have him not cast it when in melee (as I know some bosses have such a mechanics such as mappo) but when he melee he on occasion casts something that puts him at range (knockback, teleport etc.) and then you have to get to him dodging the spell along the way? I dunno what is/isn't possible just spit balling possible ideas to keep the core notion of this all powerful mega flare without making the boss just feel cheesy.

Again, I would like to add as a whole I love the game and the patch... I'm simply voiceing things I've not liked as much in hopes of some sort of discussion that may lead to things being even better in the future.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: randomonions
    Annihilus Account: RandomOnions

I'm guessing summoner AI?

Quote Originally Posted by rattan View Post
    I'm guessing summoner AI?
    Nope!

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: randomonions
    Annihilus Account: RandomOnions

Then let's see!

User Tag List