Thread: unhandled exception madness

Gold
    Annihilus Account: veggie

unhandled exception madness

Hi all, I suddenly started getting the unhandled exception access violation C000005 error (and by suddenly, I mean after I played around with the settings on glide-init.exe).

After I open the game from the launcher, I will click on the "Annihilus 5.0b" button to login and the error will pop up. I don't get the error when clicking on the single player...

I re-installed the game from scratch following the instructions, re-set glide-init options to default, made DEP exceptions for the 2 executables and so on... but no luck

Any ideas?

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: lockzilla89
    Annihilus Account: Lockzilla

try restarting your computer.
    Watch me Stream Events and End Game Content
    https://www.twitch.tv/lockzilla89

Quote Originally Posted by veggie View Post
    Hi all, I suddenly started getting the unhandled exception access violation C000005 error (and by suddenly, I mean after I played around with the settings on glide-init.exe).

After I open the game from the launcher, I will click on the "Annihilus 5.0b" button to login and the error will pop up. I don't get the error when clicking on the single player...

I re-installed the game from scratch following the instructions, re-set glide-init options to default, made DEP exceptions for the 2 executables and so on... but no luck

Any ideas?
    Glide is not currently supported, run D2VidTest and run DirectDraw / Direct2D until 5.1 patch which should be coming relatively soon, then you can glide all you want!

Gold

Thanks for looking into this, Game. Unfortunately, I have already tried this... I tried to launch diablo from the Game.exe just to see if it was launcher-related and I noticed that any option other than glide will throw an error immediately with "Direct2D (or 3D) is not currently supported". Only when using glide the game actually launches but as I said earlier only single player doesn't throw the error

Gold

aaaand suddenly it started working again

Quote Originally Posted by veggie View Post
    aaaand suddenly it started working again
    We call that Annihilus Magic.

User Tag List