Thread: Just throwing out ideas...

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Jsh_Rnwtr

Lightbulb Just throwing out ideas...

ALT ACCOUNTS
    While this is a common thing, there is a major issue with it. That issue is that they are becoming MANDATORY in order to actually have more space for the items you would like to keep. I do feel that this should be resolved by doing the same thing that "The Sin War" mod did, increase the stash size by 5 or more pages worth. I don't mind that people have ALT accounts, what I do mind is that they have become a necessity in order to keep all the items that you actually want to keep or need for a later time. There have been quite a few times I have overfilled my stash and my Horadric Cube with items that I might need in the future, only to find out that I no longer have space for anything else I need.

DEATH = UNEQUIPPED
    This is a major frustration, mostly because when I have a bunch of potions in my QUICKBAR/HOTBAR, I have to re-place them all back in that bar when I die because all my armor/stuff somehow fell off my body when I died. Logically on every level, when you die, anything you're carrying should stay on you. That's like saying "oh, I feel down and my zipped up pocket somehow unzipped and my phone flew out". So please, fix this. It is a pain in the neck like no tomorrow having to re-pick up everything again and re-organize everything again.

BOOK OF THE VETERANS
    This should be made into an item in the game which will lead to pages of information that is valuable to the game and people who want to improve on it. This will also hopefully decrease the number of people asking "what is this?" or "what do I need to do this?" or whatever. This isn't to make the game easier, but clarify some things which haven't been clarified, as well as provide insight from the more experienced players (such as Tears). In this book, should be information about character builds, key items, etc.

WAYPOINTS GIVE ME HELL
    One of the biggest issues I have had with this game is having to collect waypoints. Nowadays, everyone is pretty much being boosted from start to finish, and this is mostly because quite a few of the people that joined, already know the whole story. Now, I'm not saying to do this as a way to make the game easier, but how about this... if you have beaten HELL, it should give you a book (which stays on you permanently (takes up 4 spaces) and has ALL waypoints being able to accessed regardless of what difficulty. Quite a few times I have wanted to help others members, but haven't been able to do so because I don't have the waypoints for all of NORMAL & HARDCORE difficulty. Hell, I don't even have all the waypoints for HELL mode, and this is mostly because I got boosted right through it since I've been playing D2 since 2003 (I was going to say 2002, but then I realized that I didn't actually buy D2 until 2003, but was watching my friend play it in 2002). So yeah, long story short... we need some kind of way to access waypoints easier, cause frankly, having to get them every difficulty over and over and over and over again is a freaking nuisance.

COMMANDS COMPLETED
    If you're going to make commands visible by typing "/help" then it should actually list ALL of them. Then of course, when you come across a command you want, it should be "/help (command name)" to find out the sub-commands/alternate commands and what it does for each command. I actually never knew how to message a specific player until only a few hours ago because someone told me.

EASIER PICKUPS (+always visible items)
    One of the biggest issue this game has is being unable to pickup items/gold easier off the ground. Instead, they are overlayered and many of them have to be picked up after you pickup all the crap around. There should be a way to pickup the item by clicking the name-bar that pops up. Also, if you can, make is to items are always visible (meaning showing the item name).

ALTERNATIVE CONTROLS
    For some of us, the control scheme of this game is a bit frustrating. For me personally, I have to use a TOUCHPAD mouse and don't have a legit one, which is a pain in the neck. So, if there is a way to make it so I can move mouse controls to the ARROW KEYS, that would be nice... or do you know of any FREE program that'll let me do this, also would be nice.

A MORE EXCITING DISCORD
    Now this isn't about the game itself, but the discord community. Well, long story short, the community is very dull. Not in a sense that the people there are boring, but that there isn't anything to do. Perhaps add some gamebots/RPGbots or something, just a little something to make the community a little more interative, maybe a music bot with it's own voice channel. Like honestly, we need a way to be more in-tune with one another, something that brings us together besides having a common interest in Diablo II.

A MORE CONNECTED COMMUNITY
    As the same with the one above, the community doesn't seem all that connected. We don't talk much to each other, and when we do, we're usually discussing Diablo II trades or something of that sort. Perhaps find a way to make the community more involved with each other. Maybe include mini-games in the game itself, or mini-games outside the game, or a bot to bring the community together. Just a little something that makes it so we actually want to be around each other, not only when we want something from one another. Maybe perhaps include a puzzle/maze map for both veteran and newcomers to participate in as an event, something to build team building and group participation experience amongst players. It just feels like the community itself is very... anti-social.

MORE MAPS... A LOT MORE MAPS
    Now here's the thing, I don't mean make more maps as a way to give us more to explore, but make more maps as a way for us to have more to do, and more ways for us to connect. So perhaps, here are some MAP IDEAS:

1) Treasure Search: A map shaped like a series of tunnels/mazes, and all you have to do is find the hidden chests which contain EXTREMELY RARE items and/or GOLD.

2) PvP Arena: A map shaped like a colleseum, something for PVP'ers to finally have a place where they can have close quarters combat. Might be good for like team battles, this should also be limited to LOWER LEVELS, because once you get high enough level, some classes are so overpowered that they OHKO each other and it makes fighting pointless.

3) Hall Of Heroes: A map purely for the memory/tribute to other members. Something as a way to show thanks for members that have donated/paid real money to help out Game (the administrators). This map should also include staff members being listed for their excellence in service.

4) Dungeons of Damnation: A map designed to so obnoxiously difficult, that it cannot be beaten by yourself. Something that makes teaming up a must have in order to survive.

MORE EVENT IDEAS
    So, events seem to be a pretty common thing around here, however, many of the events seem to be limited to only a certain crowd. What I'm saying is that we could use more events that are open to everyone. Here are a few I have in mind:

1) The Gift of Giving: By giving some other member an EXTREMELY RARE item/weapon/armor/etc, you can also recieve any RANDOM item/weapon/armor/etc. Can only be done on holidays such as Christmas.

2) The Day of Independance: On well... Independance Day, all waypoints/areas can be accessed all day long by EVERYONE, regardless of how far they made it in game. I'm assuming for something like this to work, it would have to also make it so that either A) only the admin can make a server/game for everyone to join, or B) a temporary modification of every character's progress.

3) Birthday Specials: Obviously this pertains to someone's birthday, and it is purely as a way of saying "hey, thanks for staying around, we hope you'll continue to support us". So, for this, simply give that person (on their birthday) a single EXTREMELY RARE item/weapon/armor/etc.

4) Master Class March: For the month of MARCH, an event will be held to determine who is the MASTER in that class. So for example, it'll make it so that only NECROMANCERS at LVL99 can face other NECROMANCERS at LVL99, and so on and so forth. Kind of a way to see who has the most experience and time put into their character(s). Of course, the MASTER of each class gets one EXTREMELY RARE item/weapon/armor/etc that cannot normally be obtained in an easy way.

5) Newcomer November: During the month of November, all new characters get 10 GOLD added to their account, and 1 RARE item/weapon/armor/etc.

6) April's Fools: Anyone playing this game on April Fools Day will start at LVL1 and have to re-do everything all over again (but only for April Fools Day). Once the day ends, their account goes back to normal.

So yeah, just some ideas thrown out, feel free to give me your opinions on them. Just figured I would share something to see what others thought and if it was even possible.
    Last edited by Jsh_Rnwtr; 07-13-2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Fully Edited (please re-read)

Administrator
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: acyroma

I'll read this thread more indepth later, but for now I can say there is a command to message a specific user.

/w *acctname message

or

/w charname message

User Tag List