Thread: reintroducing the idea of expanding crucible

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

reintroducing the idea of expanding crucible

whether these levels include drops or not, i just enjoy crucible and i'd like to see more from the bonus levels (post-16) in terms of challenge (no, i'm not implying ultima isn't a challenge. failed 30 runs over 2 days just trying to learn his mechanics.) so here's just some ideas for what bonus levels could include

in my personal ideal, ultima would be moved to a stage 20 to keep consistency with the boss every 4 levels, and some levels between 16-20 would include things like:

17: a level with Worldstone tier 5 mobs
    18: a level similar to 15 (dreamlands bosses) but with the 5 Worldstone Event bosses
    19: an arena containing 3 random trials bosses (obviously without their drops)

i suggested something like this a long time ago but with ideas that were far too grandiose, anyways i'd like to hear what others think, whether you have other stage ideas or whether you think this idea is totally trash or what.

***ALSO, as a side note, please god make a different arena for ultima. it's sooooo fucking clunky fighting him in that area, half the time he just teleports behind walls when near the castle that you have to be fully behind as well in order to even see him, and anywhere in the middle section by the fountain fighting him becomes a great nuisance if you're a char that uses movespeed instead of fcr to avoid his red crystals since you just get stuck on everything when running around. Plus, it's just super underwhelming. The fight would be about 100x more fun if you fought him in an arena like malthael's, or even just some uniquely designed open arena. The fight is mechanically demanding but the environment he's in really takes away from that.

This is coming from someone who has nearly a 100% success rate on ultima as of now. In the wake of CLS getting dumpstered in 7.0, if you want the boss to be approachable in the future, that arena has got to go.
    Last edited by forest; 01-09-2018 at 10:41 PM.

User Tag List