View Poll Results: Would you like to get a 7.0 patch for Annihilus Legacy ?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i love the SoR concept but i still want to play bubble annihilus

5 62.50%
  • No, i want to play SoR and those who prefer bubble ass to cry

3 37.50%

Thread: Annihilus Legacy 7.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Player

First of all, i notice you guys don't let much space for the community to "breathe" and discuss without your intervention, that being on discord or on forum. If you are so sure to lead annihilus to the correct direction you wouldn't care to let people talk and express their feelings. But that's ok, if you insist we can do that as well. I'll be simple.

1. "We have changed a great deal of the damage and skill calculations in the game..."

Great! Look, i'm noob. I love Annihilus and Diablo2 but i'm noob. I'm not a geek. I just enjoy playing. I honestly don't care much about calculation. What matters to me in a game is its gameplay and artwork. I'm proud i'v made that new ui honestly. It's an upgrade of the diablo2 ui and not some new messy design that would not fit well with the gothic low contrast style of the original forms and colours. I wish you guys had made the same statement about gameplay. You quoted me "Most of old annihilus and some of the original gameplay is gone." but didn't talk about that. You guys actually overwrote charms with essences.

Basically the gameplay in this new mod is to max os items and to sock and unsock your gear every 5min. In Legacy you get boner easily by identifying fatass items. In Sotr you need to masturbate a lot on flat ass items using those essences until you get your dick hard. You have to admit this is a completely different gameplay and way to walk through the game (or run i should say ).

2. "The cube was not meant to be used as storage."

Inventory became a huge part of improvement and customization of your character with charms. Therefore, cube became really useful to store unids while farming. You say cube is crap so you delete charms to transform inventory into a messy shopping trolley. I say it would have been wise to upgrade the cube instead. Again, i'm gonna quote myself because you didn't read or didn't want to comment about this. Cube could be improved with some mechanics "to automatically unpack it when dragging it in stash and to store automaticity in it the items you pick up on floor while having full inventory". This would have been upgrading old annihilus gameplay. It could have been done along with your new damage and calculation damages etc...

3. " All of the skills in the game have been re-balanced or reworked."

Or erased. We hardly recognise d2 skill trees. I helped you guys to make the ui of those trees and i even shared my feelings in the process. I didn't insisted because i thought that anyway i always could play some Annihilus Legacy. But you actually want SotR to be like a corruption orb bricking Legacy. I thought they could work along together. If you guys decide that Legacy will not gets some little patch and reset once in while that is clearly the end of it.

4. About end contents: "They're not gone" "We've told you this, personally"

You probably confusing me with someone else. I never commented end content before that thread and no one gave me that info in private. I've put this in my post because some friends complained about and i did noticed dreamland was gone in beta. Did i missed something? Did you guys talked about end content somewhere? I'm glad this was a misunderstanding even if it doesn't matter that much.

5. "Legacy has far too many problems to list, [..] most of them can't be fixed without a full server wipe."

Once again, i'm probably not seeing the game as you do. I'm just a player. I'm not looking into detailed damage nor skill mechanics. This doesn't matter much to me. What i care about is having fun on a game i used to play when i was 10. Annihilus brought that to me. Today i don't recognize diablo gameplay in that new mod. For now, only remaining solution is to play Legacy. I'm sure i'm not the only one thinking that way. But people are usually scared about controversy, and even more when forms of "authority" gets intrusive and comes to tell you what you should think.

So GG to you guys.
    You won hiding the crap under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by player View Post
    First of all, i notice you guys don't let much space for the community to "breathe" and discuss without your intervention, that being on discord or on forum. If you are so sure to lead annihilus to the correct direction you wouldn't care to let people talk and express their feelings. But that's ok, if you insist we can do that as well. I'll be simple.

1. "We have changed a great deal of the damage and skill calculations in the game..."

Great! Look, i'm noob. I love Annihilus and Diablo2 but i'm noob. I'm not a geek. I just enjoy playing. I honestly don't care much about calculation. What matters to me in a game is its gameplay and artwork. I'm proud i'v made that new ui honestly. It's an upgrade of the diablo2 ui and not some new messy design that would not fit well with the gothic low contrast style of the original forms and colours. I wish you guys had made the same statement about gameplay. You quoted me "Most of old annihilus and some of the original gameplay is gone." but didn't talk about that. You guys actually overwrote charms with essences.

Basically the gameplay in this new mod is to max os items and to sock and unsock your gear every 5min. In Legacy you get boner easily by identifying fatass items. In Sotr you need to masturbate a lot on flat ass items using those essences until you get your dick hard. You have to admit this is a completely different gameplay and way to walk through the game (or run i should say ).

2. "The cube was not meant to be used as storage."

Inventory became a huge part of improvement and customization of your character with charms. Therefore, cube became really useful to store unids while farming. You say cube is crap so you delete charms to transform inventory into a messy shopping trolley. I say it would have been wise to upgrade the cube instead. Again, i'm gonna quote myself because you didn't read or didn't want to comment about this. Cube could be improved with some mechanics "to automatically unpack it when dragging it in stash and to store automaticity in it the items you pick up on floor while having full inventory". This would have been upgrading old annihilus gameplay. It could have been done along with your new damage and calculation damages etc...

3. " All of the skills in the game have been re-balanced or reworked."

Or erased. We hardly recognise d2 skill trees. I helped you guys to make the ui of those trees and i even shared my feelings in the process. I didn't insisted because i thought that anyway i always could play some Annihilus Legacy. But you actually want SotR to be like a corruption orb bricking Legacy. I thought they could work along together. If you guys decide that Legacy will not gets some little patch and reset once in while that is clearly the end of it.

4. About end contents: "They're not gone" "We've told you this, personally"

You probably confusing me with someone else. I never commented end content before that thread and no one gave me that info in private. I've put this in my post because some friends complained about and i did noticed dreamland was gone in beta. Did i missed something? Did you guys talked about end content somewhere? I'm glad this was a misunderstanding even if it doesn't matter that much.

5. "Legacy has far too many problems to list, [..] most of them can't be fixed without a full server wipe."

Once again, i'm probably not seeing the game as you do. I'm just a player. I'm not looking into detailed damage nor skill mechanics. This doesn't matter much to me. What i care about is having fun on a game i used to play when i was 10. Annihilus brought that to me. Today i don't recognize diablo gameplay in that new mod. For now, only remaining solution is to play Legacy. I'm sure i'm not the only one thinking that way. But people are usually scared about controversy, and even more when forms of "authority" gets intrusive and comes to tell you what you should think.

So GG to you guys.
    You won hiding the crap under the carpet.
    Sorry Jeremy but you need to learn just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean everyone else does. The vast majority of people I have personally talked to and discussed changes with absolutely love the direction we have went. I get not everyone will be happy, but you have to learn not everyone feels the same as you. Sure you can cherry pick a few people who agree with you, but this server is everything to me and I have spent several hours doing nothing but discussing SotR with the people, and almost every single one of them love the direction we're taking.

User Tag List