Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fix drops + more

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SacredBlood77

I don't see the value in Inferno and Dream Lands at all, they take forever, and i'm not doing 20 runs to find a single useful item. I can't even get to Dream Lands half the time, i'm either really bad or it's actually hard. I don't mf for a challenge, I do it for drops. Hell I don't even play Diablo 2 for a challenge, I do it for the satisfaction of finding gear. Even if you make drops more common people will still have to farm for weeks to get an item with perfect stats, so I really don't see why you don't. Maybe the people with the best gear don't complain about this because they know they own the monopoly on doing these new areas effectively. Do you know how many people told me you could do Hell Inferno with an IK barb? One pack of phis immunes will slaughter you in 5 seconds.

And from what I gather the new items from the patch are supposed to be even harder to get, that's insane. I appreciate all your work on the server, it's rare to find an owner on any server who actually introduces new content. But when I think of a private server, I don't expect the same amount of item grind as the original game. I like to think of them as a quick fix when the grind of the original game gets too aggravating. But I get just as aggravated on this doing 10 Inferno runs and barely even getting a unique because you have to farm it with a melee char with terrible mf.

Anyways, i'm taking a break from this, I wish the best to the couple people who will actually be able to do the new content when it comes out, try to spread some of the drops to the lesser folk, best of luck.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Shishisenkou

I actually prefer the grind of finding the new items and even starting from scratch on some characters working my way up. It feels a lot more rewarding that way. Though, I do agree a bit on the drop rates but as said, I'll wait for the new patch.

My still biggest concern is that to actually get the 'good' items, you have to HAVE the 'good' items which really singles out a shit ton of people really quick. I'll save anymore concerns until the patch release and more time to play it. I think most of the minor issues will be addressed which could make for a more fun experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SacredBlood77 View Post
    I don't see the value in Inferno and Dream Lands at all, they take forever, and i'm not doing 20 runs to find a single useful item. I can't even get to Dream Lands half the time, i'm either really bad or it's actually hard. I don't mf for a challenge, I do it for drops. Hell I don't even play Diablo 2 for a challenge, I do it for the satisfaction of finding gear. Even if you make drops more common people will still have to farm for weeks to get an item with perfect stats, so I really don't see why you don't. Maybe the people with the best gear don't complain about this because they know they own the monopoly on doing these new areas effectively. Do you know how many people told me you could do Hell Inferno with an IK barb? One pack of phis immunes will slaughter you in 5 seconds.

And from what I gather the new items from the patch are supposed to be even harder to get, that's insane. I appreciate all your work on the server, it's rare to find an owner on any server who actually introduces new content. But when I think of a private server, I don't expect the same amount of item grind as the original game. I like to think of them as a quick fix when the grind of the original game gets too aggravating. But I get just as aggravated on this doing 10 Inferno runs and barely even getting a unique because you have to farm it with a melee char with terrible mf.

Anyways, i'm taking a break from this, I wish the best to the couple people who will actually be able to do the new content when it comes out, try to spread some of the drops to the lesser folk, best of luck.
    Sorry but you got it completely wrong about the next patch. Item drop rates have not only been increased, but there are multiple ways to get them aside from doing Dreamlands. It a shame you quit before even seeing the patch notes today or tomorrow. Glad to know people have faith in me I guess.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SacredBlood77

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Sorry but you got it completely wrong about the next patch. Item drop rates have not only been increased, but there are multiple ways to get them aside from doing Dreamlands. It a shame you quit before even seeing the patch notes today or tomorrow. Glad to know people have faith in me I guess.
    I'm just going by what iv'e seen and been playing the last month, it's nothing against you. Was just voicing my opinion, it's obvious that a lot of people like the server how it is now. But personally I just get stressed out when I try to do the new bosses and end up rage quitting for the night.

And i'm not quitting, just taking a break to play Ladder with my brother since this doesn't support windows xp. I'll still be stalking forums, just wanted to let you know the experience iv'e had so far.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: itzswamp

Game don't let ppl get into your head bro what you are doing is more than a one man job just because people complain shouldn't mean anything don't rush it take your time and have fun people will come and people will go

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

Hey Sacred, I know how you feel. I struggled for awhile on this realm. Now that I've been playing for a few months and have gathered a lot of the good stuff, I still think some maps are frustrating as hell. The trick is good strategy and gear set up. It might take awhile to get decent enough gear to survive but that's kind of the point of the new maps. They are end-game maps. You're going to have to farm bosses, cows, baal, chaos, etc until you're ready for the next step. Patience and relentlessness is key.

Also, join public games! A lot of people here don't join the community and it's lame. The madness inside populated public games is highly entertaining.

User Tag List