Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iso a name Color too

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

eh i don't like the idea of the donor color but i do like a community selected trusted squad ^^

Gold
    Annihilus Account: NothingSoVile

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    Ugh the colored names are really to let people know who are real staff, and what rank of staff they are. I don't want that possibly getting confused!
    i agree with this though, most people are already confused when they see my name is red.

twitch.tv/n0nes0vile - come watch me live!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by nonesovile View Post
    i agree with this though, most people are already confused when they see my name is red.
    I agree and I don't like the idea with name color neither. This will lead to even more confusion and we need some kind of name color explanation. Many new players don't even read all through the patch notes and changes anyway, colors seem to add even more on top of that.

But I agree on a signature for trusted players, maybe like a hint somewhere so people can easily relate all the different ingame accounts to a single trusted and marked on forum (maybe colored name there). Would be way easier to implement too. Can we link multiple accounts to 1 forum account and use that information to display something ingame? This or something easy and similar. Maybe a star in front of the name (ingame or forum), but that's like jsp right

Besides that, I wouldn't rank this suggestion that high at the moment, because we rarely have cases of scammed trades, I feel it's more like the top players know the values and trade with themselves or even give frees or explanation to new players. Good suggestion for future larger community thought.

e:

I'd also like the idea to have some extended staff. Maybe few people organizing events, duels or public runs on a schedule. I could imagine a different color for those staff members then.
    Last edited by Dante; 06-15-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Zigity-U2K

Seems to me like the direction this is heading would be to add a very light staff position that would essentially be based upon a mutual trust, understanding/knowledge, and helpfulness of the realm. Perhaps something like an "Apprentice" position where the existing staff nominated and voted for a few folks to become apprentices...

I fear that establishing a position based solely on trust and social status without an attached responsibility to the realm will lead to a "inner circle" that would basically create a lower/upper class gap between players. Lets face it, on this realm it is much more difficult to flourish by oneself without donations than* it is once you already have a plethora of items and characters to expand from... and that isn't a bad thing at all, that's just how it is. Give me more time to think on this, i'll probably come up with a more concrete idea lol
    Last edited by Zigity; 06-15-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Gold

i mean the idea is sort of to make it high and low class in a way... because the more you play the more gear you get but also the more you have chances to associate with others and bond creating a better chance for a vote so the low class are beginners and unproven while the high class (the colored ones) have a bit more experience / friendly trust

Gold
    Annihilus Account: NothingSoVile

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    i mean the idea is sort of to make it high and low class in a way... because the more you play the more gear you get but also the more you have chances to associate with others and bond creating a better chance for a vote so the low class are beginners and unproven while the high class (the colored ones) have a bit more experience / friendly trust
    that is a terrible idea.

twitch.tv/n0nes0vile - come watch me live!

Retired Staff
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Indo

vouch

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Indo View Post
    vouch
    what are you vouching?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Bigdaddywes

i'd vouch this, but only on the conditions that the color be given to VERY well known and trusted users, who have also donated x amount of dollars set forth by Game

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddywes View Post
    i'd vouch this, but only on the conditions that the color be given to VERY well known and trusted users, who have also donated x amount of dollars set forth by Game
    I think the X amount of dollar could lead to feeling of pay to get a status here. The feature could easily swing in more negative than positive way. Why not simply let the VERY well known player be in a pool for soon to be staff and eventually just being staff? I mean there is no reason for keeping them in a extra circle, when we still need to recruit staff.

User Tag List