Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iso a name Color too

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

i agree that the status shouldnt be paid for but i also dont want to become staff... it should be a place you need to go before you become staff but i just want to let people know ive put some time into this game made a few known friends and haven't scammed anybody

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

Vouch. I like this idea. Doesn't have to be colored names, but a trusted tag of some sort would be sweet.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Zigity-U2K

Adding onto my previous post... the system as it is now seems fine. The members who go out of their way to help new people should do so regardless of a colored name or not. And if not, their motives may be egotistical. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I'm not against change or anything like that, I do think this idea has potential. However, some ideas that have already been brought up which I fear will promote a negative view of the realm include paying for social status, a promotion without attached responsibility, and an "inner circle" of elites.
    Expanding on these three ideas, money should have nothing to do with ones status on the realm. Since you can already get 60 free gold per day, this is not a p2p type of server, and I think we all would like it to stay that way. The promotion without responsibility is a double sided sword... Jared brings up a great idea about a trusted type of tag but not becoming part of staff, which alludes towards the "Apprentice" idea that surfaced in my previous post. It can be a great idea in itself to let the community know which members are to be trusted, but without an attached responsibility (such as being dedicated to help new members in whatever way that may be)- I fear it will lead to the third problem; an "inner circle." We've all experienced it, even if it was at recess in grade school. The cool kids on the football team who pick you last because you don't have the jersey. It's that type of thing, for lack of a better example.

I do think this has a great potential, but there needs to be a method to the madness, if you will... maybe a sort of itinerary that defines each level of staff and the new "Apprentice/Trusted" group in debate, along with what each responsibility is attached to each group along with a brief explanation of how it can be attained. For example, if the current staff acted as a "council of elders" and nominated 3 users per month in a private forum on here, and then the top voted user would attain the rank in discussion.... like I said before, this is just an idea. I see the potential, but I do strongly agree that it is better to try and plan this the best way possible rather than rushing into it and creating something that would hinder the community and its potential for growth and sustainability.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

At this point I think the lowest GM position is basically the same thing as being a trusted player. Might as well write up an app if you want to stand out among the heathens.

Gold
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: FromTheRez
    Annihilus Account: FromTheRez

Also, the known trusted players could band together and ask for a Clan Tag in the party screen.

I don't believe there should be more colored names

Gold
    Annihilus Account: crew

Bump hehe

Gold
    Annihilus Account: rastamun1234

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    i mean the idea is sort of to make it high and low class in a way... because the more you play the more gear you get but also the more you have chances to associate with others and bond creating a better chance for a vote so the low class are beginners and unproven while the high class (the colored ones) have a bit more experience / friendly trust
    Honestly I thought that maybe this was an ok idea until I read this. This is all just an ego stroking lol.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Moose

i nk colors so it's ok

User Tag List