Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We need some fun

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

We need some fun

At the moment we only have cows.

cows cows cows cows.

Nobody runs Baal, does public inf cows, inferno, plagueland , nothing. No worldstone event, no cs, nothing public at all.
    And if so, we have 8 player restriction which is really bad, considering everybody can load so many chars.

If you keep creating new content with 3 organs required, 1 key required, 5 fragments required etc, that wont help it. In reality nobody likes to share their runs if you spend hours to get a org set together, which is understandable.
    We need something fun and easy like cows, I mean you created so many mobs, it's super sad we don't have any public runs at all.

Diablo 2 is easy, something simple like kill waves of enemies while they get stronger with each wave and drop better loot is so simple and would bring a lot to community play.
    I mean I think about 2 seconds and I have ideas like that which bring a lot more fun then just a new boss with a new super unique that maybe 2 builds and 5 player will run solo and 1 shots all other players that try it with some new idea builds. That means you can come up with even more public oriented levels.

This server is about softcore, it should be easy, if you want a challange go hardcore we don't need bosses that oneshot you.
    Last edited by Dante; 12-24-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Gold
    Snake Champion!

I remember the best time was, when you first released Dreamland. We had groups doing it together, each game's loot belonged to someone.
    This is stuff we need, not new items. This will keep players interested in the server a lot more.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

All new areas are static. Imho we need them with randomized map, but I realize its very hard to create.

I guess I will leak some info then. Patch 3.1 has added content called The Crucible. This is a 20 level dungeon with different monsters / tileset every level. Every 5 levels you will fight a special boss who has brand new items. The catch is, if the "leader" of the party (the person who started the crucible) dies even once, the crucible is over. You will have to start over from level 1 in a new game. You also have a 10 minute time limit per level too. If you have not cleared every monster and reached the end of the level and retrieved the key to open the next level, you will be locked out and will need another game to start back at level 1. It starts off somewhat easy but after the first boss (level 5) it starts getting quite challenging. I have been working on this non stop for the last several weeks, and saying it has been a challenge is a definite understatement. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

That sounds awesome. Looking forward to the challenge

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Psyren

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I guess I will leak some info then. Patch 3.1 has added content called The Crucible. This is a 20 level dungeon with different monsters / tileset every level. Every 5 levels you will fight a special boss who has brand new items. The catch is, if the "leader" of the party (the person who started the crucible) dies even once, the crucible is over. You will have to start over from level 1 in a new game. You also have a 10 minute time limit per level too. If you have not cleared every monster and reached the end of the level and retrieved the key to open the next level, you will be locked out and will need another game to start back at level 1. It starts off somewhat easy but after the first boss (level 5) it starts getting quite challenging. I have been working on this non stop for the last several weeks, and saying it has been a challenge is a definite understatement. I hope you guys enjoy it.
    Yeah this sounds amazing I can't wait for it.

Gold
    Snake Champion!

Thanks, it's nice to know that you see this issues and have already implemented it basically as we speak lol.

Focus on teamplay is the thing to go to with this server now imho.
    Something casual players can enjoy without grinding the same areas over and over alone.

Also guys, wow it's almost a year now. I'm totally impressed what you achieved within this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Thanks, it's nice to know that you see this issues and have already implemented it basically as we speak lol.

Focus on teamplay is the thing to go to with this server now imho.
    Something casual players can enjoy without grinding the same areas over and over alone.

Also guys, wow it's almost a year now. I'm totally impressed what you achieved within this time!
    Thanks The first 4 months of the year was definitely rough on us too with us unable to identify the attack crashing us, I think next year will be even better. Thanks for sticking around so long guys!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: SuperNeckBeard

The Crucible reminds me of a dungeon called Endless Tower in Ragnarok Online. Exact same concept except ET had 100 levels. Can't wait to see the party system come back to life. I'm all about PvM groups so I'm pretty excited about this.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

While I am all for new content to keep things interesting, I have to address the elephant in the room: server crashes. It kind of deflates the purpose. No one is going to invest their time and efforts into the crucible with constant crashes and disconnects. I would suggest improving server stability first before adding new content.

User Tag List