Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Items, Guy admitted stealing it, Anything i can do?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Williams

Stolen Items, Guy admitted stealing it, Anything i can do?

Made a simple game 3/3 to xfer 2 blue org sets and some uniques guy randomly joins and takes everything off ground. Anything I can about this pretty shitty move for this person IMO. S/S with convo

http://imgur.com/Onm73lP

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Karmasss

I didn't steal anything. I tried to make a game 4//4, standard game name with a matching password. Instead, I ended up joining a game with a bunch of stuff on the ground. Bunch of brown cow organs, some blue ones, a few average uniques. Not at all uncommon to find in a game. So I picked up some them and I got yelled at for stealing. I told them that if they could tell me what I did that was against the rules, that they should tell me and I'd return the items. I have all the chat logs. If going into a random game and picking up items that were left on the ground is against the rules, let me know now. I still have the items and I'll return them.

Finally, even after all the talking and getting yelled at by these boys, I'm not entirely sure it was even their stuff. Very easy for them to claim that it was theirs even if they did the same thing I did and joined the game by mistake. 4//4 is an extremely common game name, after all.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Sarieavo View Post
    I didn't steal anything. I tried to make a game 4//4, standard game name with a matching password. Instead, I ended up joining a game with a bunch of stuff on the ground. Bunch of brown cow organs, some blue ones, a few average uniques. Not at all uncommon to find in a game. So I picked up some them and I got yelled at for stealing. I told them that if they could tell me what I did that was against the rules, that they should tell me and I'd return the items. I have all the chat logs. If going into a random game and picking up items that were left on the ground is against the rules, let me know now. I still have the items and I'll return them.

Finally, even after all the talking and getting yelled at by these boys, I'm not entirely sure it was even their stuff. Very easy for them to claim that it was theirs even if they did the same thing I did and joined the game by mistake. 4//4 is an extremely common game name, after all.
    Scamming / theft / ruining the experience of other players is not allowed.
    - Stealing, tricking, and taking advantage of others is completely unacceptable. We want to focus on making our community an enjoyable place, we will not tolerate ruining others experience here. If you are reporting someone for scamming, please take as many screenshots as possible for proof and post it in the appropriate forum.

EDIT: It wasnt a random game, it was a private game that you werent invited to.

If this was a public game Sarieavo your side of the situation would make a little more sense as I have told people time and time again do not drop things on the ground in a public game, but the fact this was indeed a private game should be somewhat common sense that someone was transferring some items. I am going to have to ask for you to return everything, please cooperate so we can wrap this up without anymore arguing!

Gold
    Annihilus Account: sine25

blue organs are not common and by the sheer fact of the name neither are uniques. most of us here wont even touch things on the ground in a public game unless asking first. always polite to ask first.
    Last edited by sine25; 01-14-2016 at 05:33 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Karmasss

Unique items are everywhere even in hell cow runs, not to mention inferno and above. There are literally piles of them in town all the time. Blue organs are a little more rare but rich players don't care much about them at all considering you can get 2-3 sets of them for 1 HR and since there were brown organs mixed into the pile which are almost always left on the ground, it was very reasonable for me to assume it was someones junk pile.

I've been playing for about a week now, maybe two, I'm not sure and in that time, most of which was spent in public games, I've literally never seen someone ask to pick something up that was literally just sitting in town. It's common practice in Bnet and seemingly here that if you throw it on the ground, you don't want it. If you cared, you would trade it. That's why the trading system exists.
    Last edited by Sarieavo; 01-14-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarieavo View Post
    Unique items are everywhere even in hell cow runs, not to mention inferno and above. There are literally piles of them in town all the time. Blue organs are a little more rare but rich players don't care much about them at all considering you can get 2-3 sets of them for 1 HR and since there were brown organs mixed into the pile which are almost always left on the ground, it was very reasonable for me to assume it was someones junk pile.

I've been playing for about a week now, maybe two, I'm not sure and in that time, most of which was spent in public games, I've literally never seen someone ask to pick something up that was literally just sitting in town. It's common practice in Bnet and seemingly here that if you throw it on the ground, you don't want it. If you cared, you would trade it. That's why the trading system exists.
    The beauty of a private server is we are NOT battle.net, and we pride ourselves on our community here. I appreciate you playing here more than you can imagine but I'd like to keep everyone as friendly as possible, please give his items back.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Picking up items in a private game, without asking the owner of the one who made the game is stealing in my eyes. I'll hope you give the items back as well.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

If you enter a private game, and see items on the ground, just assume it's someone who's muling or transing.
    Remember we MULE items, so its not for ppl to enter in private games and take all stuff on ground while we are getting the mule in game.
    Trading system is for TRADING not muling dude. I dont think anyone would "trade" with mules so it prevents what happened to the both of you .....
    Last edited by Frigide; 01-14-2016 at 07:19 AM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: fropg1

It would be best just to assume any private game that you happen to join to not pick up any items on the ground without asking, this is kinda what we live by here. As these guys said in the s/s of your convo, we are a very community based server, so we pride ourselves in getting along with other players. Your side of the story is very understandable, but as Game said, we are NOT battle.net.

User Tag List