Ok, my turn to post my build.

I don't pretend to have all the anwsers, neither do I pretend to be a great player, but this build work fine for me.

It could be expensive, but i'll give alternative to new players.
Its a build that doesn't really need a merc, you can add one if you want, we'll see the possibilities for them too.

Helm: Cow shako with 1 ber and +1 pal enchant, +1 ias or frw ( i like frw very much, making runs even faster) / veil of steel with bers on it.
Armor: Cow armor with whatever you want on it ( dragon jewel for more damages, bers , whatever it doesnt matter)+melee deal splash damage ( great great mod) / odium
Boots : Cow boots with +1pal skill or 3frw or what you may imagine( i have frw almost everywhere)
Gloves : Divinity/Hysteria
Belt: scourgelord girdle ( max block, max reduce damage)
Amulet: Saracens+nephalem ( switch with situations) seraph hymn or mara instead of nephalem if you dont have it.
Rings: cons ring + madness physical ring.
Weapon: thunderfury (mal ber ber) / frostmourne ( mal ber ber) / if you cant have those you can go with heart of the shadow + plaguebringer.
Shield: exile ( eth if you dont want to enchant, non eth if you want to enchant)

SKILLS:

20 points in : holy shield, smite, fanat, defiance.
enough point to get 25 to conviction ( with your stuff on, but keep in mind that if you switch from nephalem/mara to saracen, you'll lose 4 points)
1 point in prerequist
points left in resist light.

you'll mostly use conviction for some reason: you'll be able to kill all immuns, even mappo/cain etc etc.
If you play solo, it's good already, but it's also an awesome support build, cause it'll benefit a LOT to your zon friends/ sorc etc etc, that will make you very important in crucible ( from lvl 10+ its already important, 15+ its vital)
This build make you clear a dreamland run ( all bosses) + lich king run, in about 6 min for all.

I use thundefury, with that weapon, my merc is an act5 merc with frostmourne or bul kathos lvl 8 fanat. Helm is veil of steel and armor guardian or khaluut.

With frostmourne i used to have an act1 merc with acid injector + khaluut + veil of steel.

You can also use an act3 cold or lighting merc, with dragon bulwark as a shield + shhaaa sword + khaalut armor and whatever helm.

As i said, the merc isnt important, I mostly use it only on cruci, and when i do it, it's act5 merc with bul khatos weapon, so I can have a little fanatism + my conviction up most of the time.