Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold gifting

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

The people i traded with all did this to support to server, as they always state that theyre really happy that new content keeps coming! Since now the crashes are literally gone, instead of buying items from the vendor, they want to buy items from me that they really need.
    I dont see the problem if i say i sell a cowset for 7.5k gold, i actually get the gold or let them pick all the items from Hadriel. as Alex said before, its much easier for me to pick the items myself this way.
    Also im not the only one that got the power to do this, u guys can trade this way aswell.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: fropg1

I agree with Psyren on this one, the problem is that one person, Mephisto, controls literally all of the gold gifting, and that's not technically a problem for the server, its a problem for the trading market and other players trying to get gold for things, it just doesn't happen. So the market is swayed one direction, toward that single person.
    In my opinion, there needs to be a system where gold gifting is available maybe once a week, not unlike the voting system where it's once a day. Just a longer timeframe. And with that, maybe promote it instead of having one person going around saying "I take gold!" And everyone else being confused and unsure if that's even a thing.
    Now I agree with you, Alex, and joe about the fact that it supports the sever, but the sever can't just be about how to maintain it financially, there has to be other aspects that go into "a business," now I realize that isn't something you're interested in, but that's really what it is here, and there's nothing wrong with that, but when a business is being run, everything must be accounted for, and with a Diablo 2 server, trading is a big part of it.

TL;DR version, gold gifting needs to be addressed.

Gold

I never knew it was possible as well, till Jared did a trade like this, maybe it should be edited in FAQ - how to get gold?

I think the game economy would be better and people would be happier if all gold items could be obtainable in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I agree with Psyren on this one, the problem is that one person, Mephisto, controls literally all of the gold gifting, and that's not technically a problem for the server, its a problem for the trading market and other players trying to get gold for things, it just doesn't happen. So the market is swayed one direction, toward that single person.
    In my opinion, there needs to be a system where gold gifting is available maybe once a week, not unlike the voting system where it's once a day. Just a longer timeframe. And with that, maybe promote it instead of having one person going around saying "I take gold!" And everyone else being confused and unsure if that's even a thing.
    Now I agree with you, Alex, and joe about the fact that it supports the sever, but the sever can't just be about how to maintain it financially, there has to be other aspects that go into "a business," now I realize that isn't something you're interested in, but that's really what it is here, and there's nothing wrong with that, but when a business is being run, everything must be accounted for, and with a Diablo 2 server, trading is a big part of it.

TL;DR version, gold gifting needs to be addressed.
    It is in the FAQ, although I guess if my staff doesn't read FAQ I can't expect normal players to!

I am just seriously trying to figure out how Gold Gifting is such a huge problem, what damage is it doing? Especially since most valuable items are obtained by playing the game, not spending Gold. Especially with 3.2 coming out and rares being potential best in slots for some classes, you will get rich by MFing and playing the game, not Gold Gifting. Mephisto has a lot of Gold because he has the most items in the game because of his dedication to the server. He traded several Crucible items from Level 20 before 90% of people could even get to Level 20. Anyone else who has the same items as Mephisto can trade for Gold just as well as Mephisto has. I am STILL waiting for someone to explain how Mephisto is somehow running a Monopoly on the economy because of his high Gold count?

What gets under my skin though is you are saying that I do not want to run the server properly and am only focused on the financial parts of it, what in the world are you basing this off of? Infact it seems like I am the only one thinking logically in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I never knew it was possible as well, till Jared did a trade like this, maybe it should be edited in FAQ - how to get gold?
    It is in the FAQ, lol Look closer!

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow View Post
    I think the game economy would be better and people would be happier if all gold items could be obtainable in game.
    This will never happen, sorry! This is a different topic but any item with actual stats (aside from the Dice I think?) are completely obtainable in-game. The rest are the effects and are completely aesthetic, and they would be worth nothing if they were found in-game as well. If I made them drop anyone who's ever bought them would feel extremely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    This will never happen, sorry! This is a different topic but any item with actual stats (aside from the Dice I think?) are completely obtainable in-game. The rest are the effects and are completely aesthetic, and they would be worth nothing if they were found in-game as well. If I made them drop anyone who's ever bought them would feel extremely disappointed.
    You are right, i was mainly thinking about dice and orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow View Post
    You are right, i was mainly thinking about dice and orbs.
    Orb of Transmogrification is already obtainable in-game, as it stated in the patch notes when it came out you can cube all of the Divine Gems and create one. We may try and add a rough recipe for the Alchemy orb as well.

Gold

'' You can also purchase Gold and have it delivered to someone else's account, just type their forum account name under "To Account" when typing in the Gold amount you are purchasing. ''
    Was this rule added later on? When i started here i dont recall seeing that line, might have just missed it!

And i agree with dice and orb alchemy should be obtainable without gold,
    Thats why i suggested 7 Divine topaz for a dice ( Seeing how 2 gems ( non skull ) are 1 hr value ) someone can make the choice to spend 3.5 hr to make a dice himself. Or he can just magic find all the 7 topaz's! either way it will still take some time to get some dice this way!
    Ive been thinking about a recipe for the orb of alchemy, but thats a hard one :/

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Psyren

K enough about mephisto. This thread wasn't made to be directed toward and one in particular. That being said yes I have read the rules, and I do understand them and I also understand this rule very well.

7. No selling or exchanging Items / Accounts / Gold for real life money.
    - Annihilus was created for your enjoyment, not your bank account.

I'm not sure how gold gifting is different then spending irl money vs items except for the fact that it supports the server. So new gg items start to be dependent on how much $$$ you have in your bank account with gold gifting. So even though gold gifting is helping the server prosper and I'm glad that it helps alex out, but it's still starting to ruin the economy. It may not effect items that only have a face value of a hr, but with new items it most definitely effects the ability to buy those since as soon as people get a new item that is one of the best they instantly put the item up for sale vs gold. Weather they sell it or not is irrelevant, but they refuse other reasonable offers because all they want from you is to spend your hard earned money to buy an item for them. It's a nice loop hole for rule number 7 there. This in turn will start to set an example for new players on what trading should be on annihilus, and if you go and look in the trading section it there may not be many people doing it but it's certainly increasing in the number of people who were doing it. So am I expected if I wanted to get an item when new content comes out to save up my money so I can buy it from the guy selling it for gold because they wont accept any other offer ?

With that being said tbh idc at this point and I wish I never made this thread because it seems like a bash fest for no reason. Anyway that's my two cents and I wont be posting here again.

User Tag List