Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do you survive Kaalut as a smiter?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Gothix

Quote Originally Posted by thessarill View Post
    The smiter build i used to have on dreamland :
    cow set, 1 cons ring + 1 madness phys, eth frostmourne ber mal zod, divinity, exile, saracens, scourgelord.

Used to make full run in 4 min ( including mappo)
    Does eth honestly matter though? I thought that the "damage" mod mattered with smite.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Mephisto

Ethereal is a wasted socket for a smiter Yes only the *damage mod matters!

Gold

Seems like acid injector did the trick Do poison facets work with injector and kaalut armor on a merc?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: schiggy
    Snake Champion!

Just in case you didn't know btw, java can 4/4 bosses easily, I never use smite for dreamland, I feel like java is faster.

Bursting Kaalut without dying is easy, same for mappo and sha with a bit practice.
    You don't need to invest in cb and above 10k dmg is nice already.

The trick with othuyeg is to switch to Twins Anger or what that new unique javs are called and saracens. The one point in jab you have is enough and you can kill othuyeg easily without dying once in just a couple seconds.

Dunno if you prefer smiter, but mappo needs gear switch then right?

Gold

I can run a full dl in 3 minutes with a smiter, including mappo, i think java is about the same speed, but sha can be immune to light sometimes with smiter u will allways be able to kill all 4, no matter the immunities

This is possible with a amp smiter running life on hit, i get 233 life on hit from enchants hence i dont need the lifetap.
    Last edited by Mephisto; 03-02-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    I can run a full dl in 3 minutes with a smiter, including mappo, i think java is about the same speed, but sha can be immune to light sometimes with smiter u will allways be able to kill all 4, no matter the immunities

This is possible with a amp smiter running life on hit, i get 233 life on hit from enchants hence i dont need the lifetap.
    So should i use something other than exile so that I am not casting life tap? And do facets improve the damage froma cid injector and kaalut armor on a merc?

Gold

Yes try to get some life on hit enchants, and enchant ur items with that is the best option, u could also use Devil's Bargain with some nice 70~ Life on hit, including this with a prime can get u up to 125 life on hit allready!
    And yes poison facets increase Kaluut's armor damage, but the curse is just a mass - repl life curse, i dont think there's any poison involved on the curse!

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Yes try to get some life on hit enchants, and enchant ur items with that is the best option, u could also use Devil's Bargain with some nice 70~ Life on hit, including this with a prime can get u up to 125 life on hit allready!
    And yes poison facets increase Kaluut's armor damage, but the curse is just a mass - repl life curse, i dont think there's any poison involved on the curse!
    Ugh...if I use devil's bargain...I will lose my cow queen set bonus. Suggested gear to use with devils?

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

mephisto is right. The acid inject isnt affected by any +% or +dmg mod. Its a plain and simple "curse"-based spell that lowers your liferegeneration. And liferegeneration thing is put on a number that cant be changed. But its possible to lower the duration with fade for example. Cuz its curse based

If your merc is wearing the acid injector, the damage of the spell itself isnt soooo much... What really kicks in while this "curse" is active is the fact that it lowers the monsters physical immunity to absolute zero. You will do maximum damage for around 5 seconds. And most of the time its refreshed while its active cuz the bow-merc strafes alot

Since this is a curse you may not want to have lifetap ctc on some items. So switch draculs to whatever statstickgloves and change exile for zaka or something with high damage.

infos on acid injector:

http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?title=Acid-Injector
    (the comments here are interesting)

http://annihilus.net/wiki_index.php?title=Acid-Injector
    (stats of the bow on actual content)

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8375
    those are the 2.3 patchnotes with the comment from alex:
    • Acid Injector and it's skill Inject Acid have both been buffed. Inject Acid now lasts roughly 5 seconds (up from 2) and now also removes all of the target's Physical Resistance / DR % and lowers their armor by 100% for the duration of the curse. The Inject Acid change is retroactive and will affect existing Acid Injectors, but the bow itself has also had its stats buffed and will need to be found again.

----------------------------------

And to get back to topic:

in the character guides section in the forum (not the wiki) there are actually a few different playstyles for smiters.
    One managed to make a poison based smiter with the lichking dagger

and @Dante im pretty sure, Frostmourne is not the best weapon to do especially dreamlands... Sindragosa procc is nice but against bosses its the best to have plain physical damage and mass CB.
    For sure on inferno and plaguelands frostmourne rocks and if the smiter has no problems at all you can just use frostmourne all day long.

Good alternatives are the lichking dagger (but has no cb nor stops it monster regen)

or Heart of the shadow. My favorite due to amp, good +damage, good speed and good cb on it...

Gold

Frostmourne and -150 res Conviction will deal with Mappo or immune Shaa
    But yes a poison smiter could work good as well, its all personal preference.

User Tag List