Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    You've been playing less than a month lol. I was referring to item builds but if you want to talk about class specs we can do that too. Before 3.2 sorceresses were non existent, summon necros were unthinkable to kill things, and summon druids? Don't even think about it. All elemental builds are much more potent now with the new piercing mechanic. You do realize I am literally a 1 man team with a toddler and another full time job? I think it is already extraordinary how much I was able to get into patch 3.2 by myself. I already said I will be working on making more class specs viable in the upcoming patches. You're being very rude and unreasonable.
    Sorry but what I stated was still the facts despite the changes and despite the way I said it. So far as I'm aware, the golem necros were very viable before the patch. I haven't seen or experienced golemancer become better dramatically anyway since.

I also don't see that the changes to the sorceresses have made her that much viable certainly not in comparison to the big 3/4 but perhaps that could be because no one really bothered building the sorceresses up so perhaps time will tell though I'm not particularly confident in any other type other than the fire sorceress.

As for summoning druids, yes I like the new changes with them, but they still don't compete well with the builds I listed, but at least its good to know people can have some fun with them. That's worth enough to me. I'd gladly shut up if all the builds/characters could at least do well at inferno cows without taking weeks to build them. If there are superior classes still, so be it.

Finally the elemental builds. If there was anything I'd gladly offer you an apology on, it would be that. Thank you for making immunities less of a hassle before the patch. I believe I mentioned this in some off comment/unrelated topic (I think it was in the chat actually). That has to be the best change made since the patch.

As for your own heartaches, I wish I knew that before. I only expected a fair shake with the suggestions I made and any down to earth advice as to what I've been doing wrong (that was the first post I made to this thread). And yet it seems by and large, I just got brushed off and put down by the old guard here as if I didn't matter which I suspect you might have felt with your reply. I don't seek to belittle those that don't do so to me.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: soulkush

If y'all want an easier game, buy gold and get gear that way, otherwise, man up, put on your working gloves and get to work, but work smarter not harder. And for the love of god stop asking for handouts.

1. ) We shouldn't raise the drop rate of runes pul+ because 2 puls make an um, and so forth. HRs will quickly lose value and that Frost fire that cost 10 hrs now cost 20 hrs or they want super ridiculous rare items and don't care about hrs.

2.) We shouldn't make garbage enchants drop more often because 3 random enchants cubed together gives you a new random enchant. nothing like combining cheap ass deadly strike scrolls for light enchants or FF chants...

3.) If you think this game is hard, get a buddy and start from scratch on hardcore like I did. Come back to SC and see how easy it is.

4.) I got my start on this server by farming annis and torches with a just a tals fire sorc. Tell me, how many fire sorcs do you see here? None. If she could do it, you can too.

5.) New players shouldn't be coming on here expecting to be the Michael Jordan of diablo 2 in a week or two. Come on bro, it takes time, thought, luck, and strategy to get ahead.

6.) The fuck you still here reading this for? If you can type and bitch about how bad you're toon is, you can be working on improving your toon.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

Quote Originally Posted by soulkush View Post
    6.) The fuck you still here reading this for? If you can type and bitch about how bad you're toon is, you can be working on improving your toon.
    hehe

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by soulkush View Post
    If y'all want an easier game, buy gold and get gear that way, otherwise, man up, put on your working gloves and get to work, but work smarter not harder. And for the love of god stop asking for handouts.

1. ) We shouldn't raise the drop rate of runes pul+ because 2 puls make an um, and so forth. HRs will quickly lose value and that Frost fire that cost 10 hrs now cost 20 hrs or they want super ridiculous rare items and don't care about hrs.

2.) We shouldn't make garbage enchants drop more often because 3 random enchants cubed together gives you a new random enchant. nothing like combining cheap ass deadly strike scrolls for light enchants or FF chants...

3.) If you think this game is hard, get a buddy and start from scratch on hardcore like I did. Come back to SC and see how easy it is.

4.) I got my start on this server by farming annis and torches with a just a tals fire sorc. Tell me, how many fire sorcs do you see here? None. If she could do it, you can too.

5.) New players shouldn't be coming on here expecting to be the Michael Jordan of diablo 2 in a week or two. Come on bro, it takes time, thought, luck, and strategy to get ahead.

First and foremost, I don't recall asking for handouts here. How about you get back to me when you can find out if I ever asked for a free amazon torch.

1) Utterly false with regard to crafting runes unless doing so here works easier here than it does than what is mentioned in Arreat's Summit which I was told wasn't the case (i.e. that gems aren't required which is what you stated). In fact I made a post talking about the subject recommending that a game room ought to be made where people could drop unwanted gems and low runes with the hope of trying to craft high runes from them and was specifically told this was a waste of time. So unless Arreat's Summit crafting mechanics don't apply here, you're wrong never mind that's probably easier to find a high rune than getting enough runes to make a high rune which further annihilates whatever point you thought you had.

2) You seem to be assuming two things here. One, that I recommended that enchantment scrolls pretty much drop at the rate that say a starting set green item does. I don't recall suggesting the rates of such be that high as you think I did (all I said was that it should be higher which can be anything from a simple tweak to such dropping at the same rate as mana potions do). Two, you seem to assume people will get very lucky with re-rolls when its quite likely that I could get a cannot be frozen scroll for re-rolling 3 fhr scrolls. You're engaging in fantasy talk by suggesting that it would be more likely that instead I should get a lightning enchantment by re-rolling 3 bad scrolls or anything good for that matter.

3) What does hardcore have to do with anything and why should I care to do hardcore anyway? You mean you want me to farm or play there where there is less people on, and where a simple lag spike will ruin all effort made? Completely off topic.

4) I have a fire sorceress too (she was one of my earlier characters), and I've done that with that character and others and done uber quests with a friend before the new patch to get torches and annihilus charms making your point completely invalidated. The point is further invalidated because the issue wasn't that this couldn't be done, but that it was unnecessarily tedious for instance requiring the 24 standards of hero limit which can be easily overcome by just bringing mules. I also seem to recall recommending that perhaps the "diablo clone" should just be made harder than go through this tedious obstacle, but then you probably didn't read that since you're the same guy accusing me of demanding hand outs because like a number of other people here you intentionally wish to either misinterpret what I've said or flat out ignore such and then sneer at me for having the audacity of making suggestions.

5) Again with the sneers. Tell me where I said I should expect to get everything in 2 weeks. How about you learn to actually quote people correctly and respectfully.

6) How about you apply that to yourself. If you don't like the what others post here, why are you replying? How about you ask around how many hours I've put for the past couple of weeks to get stuff instead of unjustly scrutinizing me or is that asking too much from you? .
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Gold

I stand corrected on point number one. Whoever told me here (I.e in the server in general) that you can't craft runes without a gem should be slapped.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-12-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: norak

i started with barb < just to play something different and not sorc grind all over again this season> some nice guy sold me ik set for a token and i could already clear infernoportals plaguelands and 3 bosses in dreamland.

just sayin

User Tag List