Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

all i can say is come play hc then moan about sc.
    its not ment as a dig to anyone .
    but hc is way way way more of a pain in all these regards.
    the dificulty curve is a pain yes but your sc . your imortal.
    sc = time thats all. just stick at it my friend.
    Give the respect you expect.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Quote Originally Posted by Equalibrium View Post
    all i can say is come play hc then moan about sc.
    its not ment as a dig to anyone .
    but hc is way way way more of a pain in all these regards.
    the dificulty curve is a pain yes but your sc . your imortal.
    sc = time thats all. just stick at it my friend.
    have fun playing regular d2 on hard core is all i can say lol. Those bosses and inferno levels are nothing to fuck with.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lucid8

We do the inferno levels and bosses on hardcore. Just takes even longer and there are only a few viable starterbuilds tho... But still possible.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Equalibrium

not the new inferno lvls mind. they are a propper piss take.
    but we will eventualy. all im sayin is just be glad you dont have perma death on top of your percived issues.
    #game and the others have done an amazing job here and even though hc gets shit on i greatly appreciate it.
    Give the respect you expect.

I don't have time to respond in full right now, but I disagree a lot with things said in this thread. People want things to be a little too easy it seems. A lot of these suggestions may make the first week or two of playing easier for new players, but after that it completely sucks and people will burn out faster than ever. The way drops work on this server weren't just wildly thought up, drop rates of all sorts of items (blue organs included) have been changed a lot overtime to find the sweet spot, I am very pleased with the drop rates of almost all items right now.

Crucible could use a little tweaking, but I am not going to add 10 more levels, I do not think that would help much of anything. When Crucible came out though I did say I will work on expanding it in different ways in the future, I will touch on that probably in patch 3.4. the first 2 bosses aren't meant to be super hard, it isn't supposed to get real hard until after that.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I don't have time to respond in full right now, but I disagree a lot with things said in this thread. People want things to be a little too easy it seems. A lot of these suggestions may make the first week or two of playing easier for new players, but after that it completely sucks and people will burn out faster than ever. The way drops work on this server weren't just wildly thought up, drop rates of all sorts of items (blue organs included) have been changed a lot overtime to find the sweet spot, I am very pleased with the drop rates of almost all items right now.

Crucible could use a little tweaking, but I am not going to add 10 more levels, I do not think that would help much of anything. When Crucible came out though I did say I will work on expanding it in different ways in the future, I will touch on that probably in patch 3.4. the first 2 bosses aren't meant to be super hard, it isn't supposed to get real hard until after that.
    How are newer players not burning out already ? I know a player that hasn't even been on here for a week, and he considered quitting thanks to the endgame difficulty and the drop rates. I suspect he may only stay on a bit longer just because he recently got stuff from a veteran player.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: manbeerpig

Yes, yes, yes. I messed around with my a lvl 93 Barb last night to get a feel for how the rare items would impact gearing now that thier potential stats have been buffed. I removed all of the toon's gear and bought a sword/shield that would have been issued at lvl one upon creating the character. I assigned skill points into the Barb's passive resistance/defence/sword mastery abilities and the rest into shield throw. I put stat points into about 125 str and 150 dex, the rest into vit. At this point I had a character that could effectively farm normal Plaguelands. The magic and rare gear that dropped was more than enough to get me started and I can see how I would eventually be able to move on to nightmare and then hell in this manner. The only real game changer item that you woul absolutely need to farm hell infernos would be an item with the chance to cast Amp damage on hit and there are several that can drop in nightmare Plaguelands. This process will of course take time but it is way easier now than it was before patch 3.2.

I think the gap has been sufficently bridged.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: caca

Yeah rare item give a HUDGE durability to the game IMO. You can now expect to loot a Godly rare or a godly craft... yeah as the name says it IS rare ! that is the point... still some uniques cant be replaced but for some builds new rares can be a nice add... before patch boots/belt was like Cow or lich king. Now plenty of possibilities...
    Oh btw did i say ...

THANK YOU GAME TO BRING ME BACK CRAFTED AND RARE!!!!

fuck it already spend like... hours farming cows only for crafting stuff
    because maybe ppl did not noticed but... new craft are like...
    so yeah i think that the guy that "cant do" end game content, doesnt do it because he cant... but because (like i do because i hate pala) doesnt want to make the chars that will permit him to do so.
    Once again so do i, i dont feel like i wana make this shitty pala or java to make dream l lands and invest time in that... i prefer have fun with my shitty necro poison doing cows, hell cows, plaguelands lich, and 1 or 2 new inferno lvl
    and those can be farm with full trang... so please PLEASE, dont tell me no one here will be able to give you some crappy trang set ?
    Last edited by caca; 04-06-2016 at 06:52 PM.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Lampogriz

removig a possibility to rush players via spectate mode and gaining exp will help alot

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Frigide

@vaudeville

Man, how do you think we did at ladder reset?

I personnaly came to play here 2 weeks after reset in october. I knew nothing about the additionnal content.
    I had to read wiki a lot, ask ppl questions, find my own way to get items, coz in addition, i couldnt get free mav or tal, i had no tal amu for like 2/3 weeks or more.
    I made a cheap smiter, coz as ur saying if u know D2, u must then know how to make a smiter, even with shitty items... (astreon dracul dragonscale veil etc)
    I farmed knarst + kaalut + othuyeg + shaa for days, i couldnt take on mappo and i died so much doing the 3 other bosses from DL. BUT I FARMED THEM ANYWAY.
    Made some inf cows with mav set when i could, and eventually traded a cow part to finish my 1st cow set.
    When i had my java to 7.5k charge strike, i made mappo runz, sometimes took me 5 mn to kill mappo, and so what ?
    Thats how the game is ... kinda hard at some point to transition to being strong in late game content

My point is, its totally doable, without any kind of help (or maybe a little bit of trading, which is a big part of D2 anyway)

If u know how to make a bad smiter + a mav bowama and a tal sorc, u just have to farm then.
    If u answer me u dont wanna invest time in farming, then just dont play D2?

Did you email Blizzard because ppl can do ubbers faster than u, or coz sorc is a must have to farm bosses when ur poor?
    Did you email them to say hammerdin is OP? Java is OP? Make Keyz drop more often coz its boring to farm for it?

Some things said in this thread makes me feel like you guyz want the mod to be noobfriendlied so its easier to get to late game, but part of the game IS to get to late game, not play 1 weeks and kill all DL without dying...
    (in that regard i totally agree with lampo that the spect mode is lame, even so i like the fact i can have all my chars XPing at same time easy, but it seems lame)
    ... OFC after 2 weeks of playing, u cant have all the best items, and i'd say FORTUNATLY!!!

I surely would prefer to have more players in here, and i dont wanna be rude to you, but man, if its to hard or to much time to invest farming and getting gear, just dont play in here? Go play D3? u ll have so much less time required playing to be happy with what u have...

PS: i didnt mention the fact u can also play in TEAM, and so get more chances to be ok for late game by comboing classes.
    (i always used a BO barb, which enabled my chars a lot faster, even with low items. having double life is a way man ...)

User Tag List