Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Endgame difficulty curve.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: Memories

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't see why you all are still here... Says a lot about you. I've been here a week lol.. The reward doesn't really outweigh the amount of time. But I'm just trying to help other players by expressing my opinions.
    The reward? I play this video game in my spare time because I enjoy it and it's fun. That's my reward. Your opinions are null and void. This is another example of your argument, "I see others getting good grades in school, I want good grades too! But, I don't wanna put the work in cause I'm lazy. I wanna reap the benefits, without work!" Can't have it both ways.

Banned
    Gold
    Annihilus Account: jamesop

Quote Originally Posted by memories View Post
    The reward? I play this video game in my spare time because I enjoy it and it's fun. That's my reward. Your opinions are null and void. This is another example of your argument, "I see others getting good grades in school, I want good grades too! But, I don't wanna put the work in cause I'm lazy. I wanna reap the benefits, without work!" Can't have it both ways.
    Lol.. the reward in upgrading a character. If you find this fun good for you, this is my opinion loll. It was fun playing, maybe if you read.. i've said this will help other players not just me. But yeah I guess you're right, but not maybe all these players have as much time as you.

Gold
    Annihilus Account: vaudeville

Quote Originally Posted by Frigide View Post
    @vaudeville

Man, how do you think we did at ladder reset?

I personnaly came to play here 2 weeks after reset in october. I knew nothing about the additionnal content.
    I had to read wiki a lot, ask ppl questions, find my own way to get items, coz in addition, i couldnt get free mav or tal, i had no tal amu for like 2/3 weeks or more.
    I made a cheap smiter, coz as ur saying if u know D2, u must then know how to make a smiter, even with shitty items... (astreon dracul dragonscale veil etc)
    I farmed knarst + kaalut + othuyeg + shaa for days, i couldnt take on mappo and i died so much doing the 3 other bosses from DL. BUT I FARMED THEM ANYWAY.
    Made some inf cows with mav set when i could, and eventually traded a cow part to finish my 1st cow set.
    When i had my java to 7.5k charge strike, i made mappo runz, sometimes took me 5 mn to kill mappo, and so what ?
    Thats how the game is ... kinda hard at some point to transition to being strong in late game content

My point is, its totally doable, without any kind of help (or maybe a little bit of trading, which is a big part of D2 anyway)

If u know how to make a bad smiter + a mav bowama and a tal sorc, u just have to farm then.
    If u answer me u dont wanna invest time in farming, then just dont play D2?

Did you email Blizzard because ppl can do ubbers faster than u, or coz sorc is a must have to farm bosses when ur poor?
    Did you email them to say hammerdin is OP? Java is OP? Make Keyz drop more often coz its boring to farm for it?

Some things said in this thread makes me feel like you guyz want the mod to be noobfriendlied so its easier to get to late game, but part of the game IS to get to late game, not play 1 weeks and kill all DL without dying...
    (in that regard i totally agree with lampo that the spect mode is lame, even so i like the fact i can have all my chars XPing at same time easy, but it seems lame)
    ... OFC after 2 weeks of playing, u cant have all the best items, and i'd say FORTUNATLY!!!

I surely would prefer to have more players in here, and i dont wanna be rude to you, but man, if its to hard or to much time to invest farming and getting gear, just dont play in here? Go play D3? u ll have so much less time required playing to be happy with what u have...

PS: i didnt mention the fact u can also play in TEAM, and so get more chances to be ok for late game by comboing classes.
    (i always used a BO barb, which enabled my chars a lot faster, even with low items. having double life is a way man ...)
    1) And there's the snobbish attitude again about lecturing me about teamwork as if I haven't tried that already. I have (typically with the veteran players, go figure) before, and now since around the time of the patch there have been a lot less people doing dreamland or crucible runs at least not right now. A clan I joined recently wants to do just that though, but the band is rarely on at the same times. It's pretty much me and Donte most of the times so far as the clan goes. So far as playing in general goes, it's usually myself qtp, his brother, Boozy for the time being, acculla on and off, most of the times. Everyone else is either doing rushes, normal cows, torches, trading, going afk, and occasionally doing inferno cows.

2) Why would I have to talk to Blizzard about anything? What's your point? It's a completely different ball park if you want to compare this server and game to what it was in the past.

3) Since the patch, dreamland boss drops aren't really even worth it any more especially since there's a good chance you can get some of the items they drop from the cache of Azathoth. The only thing worth getting now from them are probably the mark of the dragon slayer, the eyeball charm and the set items.

4) Noob friendly would be if zods dropped normally in regular cows, and I never asked for that. How about you and all the other people here actually read what I posted before making such a comment. I only asked that the difficulty curve felt more rewarding and less of a grind so that newcomers actually would like to stay and maybe play as different characters and builds, but if you prefer to keep this server an all exclusive club, then by all means keep things as difficult as they are now or worse if you want to go with Lampo's suggestion about either making regular cows harder or removing spectating. The rest of us though would actually like to have fun.

5) I have no idea exactly how bosses or drops were prior to the reset, so a comparison of the bosses now to then is meaningless. I have no idea if the bosses before 1) had the same HP, 2) the same defense, 3) do the same damage (which from what I understand supposedly Azathoth is weaker than he was before and yet I still see him constantly one shot even veteran players so...I don't know how exactly he is weaker), 4) have the same resistances, and 5) have the same drop rates which I know that isn't true anymore. I'll admit from what I've heard before even starting this thread and experiencing the patch, things ought to have been easier than they were before, but my experience and what I've heard from others who weren't around before have not shown this. You would have to provide me with more information to believe things are just as doable now as they were before AND the drop rates were as good (good luck trying to prove the latter).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid View Post
    @vaudeville

Last ladder started at 16th of October 2015.

This post was made at the 23rd. As you can see:

http://annihilus.net/showthread.php?t=8776

Its the first full cowset after only a week if im right...
    Consider that person extraordinarily lucky then. If everything happened to fall from the sky for me a week or two ago maybe we wouldn't have had this thread.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by val View Post
    About the ladde reset.... its just not fair after that huge drop rate change for the new players...the handicap is just unreal.
    Just imagine that you are a new player... you get some newby items and start running cows..... you make 5 runs .... nothing, you make 20 runs.... nothing... you make 50 runs nothing..... (btw i dont know why we still have cow lvl) Then you talk to a senior member and he tells you to run abaddon... pits etc.... you try it and die before you kill the first monster... in the same time you see thoose 20 senior flashy member with zilions ot stuff rushing all the content in 1 hour and what you do.... you quit.
    Btw i`m in the same new player situation cuz 4 weeks ago i dropped all my gear and from that side i can tell you thats not fun.

P.S If you are extreamly lucky and you menage to find a hr.... or a cow peace and you try to sell them you must trade with those 20 senior members who have the items you wish for and their answer will be "buhahahahahahaha i have 250 + hrs and 10 cow sets, nn sorry, bring me your wife or kids"
    Pretty much sums up what goes on for pretty much every new player's experience and those of us who may have been here for about a month or less.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Gold

I will give that to you as an example, he is on my friends list and he constantly tells me what he finds. He finds hrs and enchants. AFTER the new patch.
    I've been trying that recently, and I believe I have more mf than that guy and so far no luck. I will try a few more times, and I better see some results.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by val View Post
    probaply playing 10 hours a day....
    Funny because that's how much time I've been putting for a few weeks now. Why else do you think I'm frustrated. And yet all I hear from the older players is to play harder, trade, team up, read the wikis, etc. as if I haven't done all those already. Yes, I've made progress since last I started this thread, but it's still a snail's pace and with the same characters/builds and players if I'm lucky to play with someone not afk.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Game View Post
    I like you can lampo but you can be wrong often lol. Builds are more versatile now than ever.
    How? Tell me how many more people are preferring to play as the elemental or shapeshifting druid, the frenzy barbarian, the poison amazon, the foh paladin, the "hammerdin", and the martial arts assassin compared to the other builds. I'm sure things are better than once the server began, but it's still pretty much the same 3 to 4 builds for everyone (i.e. bowzon, zeal or smite paladin, poison or golem necromancer, and a barbarian usually for support mostly).
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Gold

I'm going to end this thread here with this:
    Boozinbear just posted a FT list with 5 hrs, 4 enchants, one of them being 150 mf, and some skillers. He has 7 sets of blue organs, worth another 3.5 hrs. He JUST started in April. We are 8 days into April. Imagine if he found a fire ench/lightning ench/dr ench. He could sell them off a lot quicker. He has the potential of buying outright cow armor or cow shako. The game is meant to be played SLOWLY. Not all of the good items are meant to be found in crucible @James. Dreamlands and plague are useful too. Dreamlands you get, dragon jewel, eyeball and madness/horror. All worth something and all are useful for characters you play. What is given out in crucible that is worth a lot? Tf, nephalem, maybe emblem. What else? Crucible is a TEAM OBJECTIVE. You aren't meant to get rich quickly at all. The 'rich' players have made friends with others and formed teams to farm and trade with. You are given the SAME EXACT OPPURTUNITY AS THEM. You should do the same instead of crying. It says a lot about you...
    And most of that stuff Boozy got was from older players wanting to help him because he's a newcomer. I would know because I've done just that and seen it in person (that is him getting stuff from others). That and he's been pretty lucky. Seriously any time he's around me good stuff does tend to drop, in fact I think on one of the first regular cow runs we did a tor rune dropped andthen the next game a zod. He's a lucky sob, and I do mean that respectfully. A similar thing happened to me around the 1st week (minus finding all those stuff), and it was thanks overwhelmingly to the older players which only goes back to my point that they pretty much are the ones carrying everyone else at this rate.
    Last edited by vaudeville; 04-09-2016 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaudeville View Post
    How? Tell me how many more people are preferring to play as the elemental or shapeshifting druid, the frenzy barbarian, the poison amazon, the foh paladin, the "hammerdin", and the martial arts assassin compared to the other builds. I'm sure things are better than once the server began, but it's still pretty much the same 3 to 4 builds for everyone (i.e. bowzon, zeal or smite paladin, poison or golem necromancer, and a barbarian usually for support mostly).
    You've been playing less than a month lol. I was referring to item builds but if you want to talk about class specs we can do that too. Before 3.2 sorceresses were non existent, summon necros were unthinkable to kill things, and summon druids? Don't even think about it. All elemental builds are much more potent now with the new piercing mechanic. You do realize I am literally a 1 man team with a toddler and another full time job? I think it is already extraordinary how much I was able to get into patch 3.2 by myself. I already said I will be working on making more class specs viable in the upcoming patches. You're being very rude and unreasonable.

User Tag List